Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning from Northern Ireland

Options
  • 09-07-2012 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Heyyyy, right here's the deal. I'm from Northern Ireland and currently still live there, although I lived in Ireland for a year studying (In Maynooth). I dropped out and applied for JSA, which I'm pretty sure I got approved for, but I never received the payments. I moved back home, but I plan to move back to Ireland in September and look for a job. Would you guys have any idea if I would be eligible to receive benefits again? Any information would be useful in my preparation! Right now I'm saving all the money I can from my benefits here to try and get by as much as I can, but obviously I'm going to need a little help until I get settled! I am genuinely looking for a job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Heyyyy, right here's the deal. I'm from Northern Ireland and currently still live there, although I lived in Ireland for a year studying (In Maynooth). I dropped out and applied for JSA, which I'm pretty sure I got approved for, but I never received the payments. I moved back home, but I plan to move back to Ireland in September and look for a job. Would you guys have any idea if I would be eligible to receive benefits again? Any information would be useful in my preparation! Right now I'm saving all the money I can from my benefits here to try and get by as much as I can, but obviously I'm going to need a little help until I get settled! I am genuinely looking for a job.

You will have to satisfy habitual residence and in view of the fact that you have lived the majority of you life outside of the Republic witht he exception of your year of study here it is unlikely that you will be deemed habitually resident.

Advertisement