Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel O'Donnell at the Clonmany Festival

Options
  • 09-07-2012 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying my ma a ticket for this, but does anyone know what the arrangements are likely to be for it?

Since she's over 70, I can't imagine she will want to stand to listen to him. Will it be seated? And is it just in the street as usual or will they have some sort of covers for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Its advertised as normal open air gig, so they'd be no seats, no covers.

No exactly suited to his demographic...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

From what i remember, there used to be barrels with wooden planks along them which were used as seats, not the most comfortable but the would take the weight off your feet. I havent been in a number of years. Never really went for the music but there was always a good atmosphere there. You could send them an email to check.
    www.clonmanyfestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think I'll pass on tickets for this.

She has seen him many many times, but I don't think she would be too keen on seeing him outdoors and run the risk of getting a soaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't think she would be too keen on seeing him outdoors and run the risk of getting a soaking.

That reminded me of the old joke about the front row of his concerts always smelling of piss. Organisers probably wanted to keep the place smelling fresh by having it outdoors and give all the auld ones a much needed bath should it rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I was thinking of buying my ma a ticket for this, but does anyone know what the arrangements are likely to be for it?

Since she's over 70, I can't imagine she will want to stand to listen to him. Will it be seated? And is it just in the street as usual or will they have some sort of covers for it?

I can't stand listening to him either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just checked out their website and mentions ticket prices for that Sunday, but no word on where to buy them.

Are they on sale in shops or do you just pay on the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Just checked out their website and mentions ticket prices for that Sunday, but no word on where to buy them.

Are they on sale in shops or do you just pay on the night?
    Yeah you just pay at the gates set up at either end of the square.

Advertisement