Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options
  • 09-07-2012 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

I figured this needs a thread to itself as its probably the most popular feature of the game and definitely my favourite.
    What features do yee guys want in fut 13? Obviously it's too late for EA to change anything but its fun to speculate.
    Personally I'd like better tournaments, wager matches,consumable packs,price caps,better search functions and progressive chemistry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I just hope they fix their servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I just hope they fix their servers.

Ye that should be number 1 priority...

Id like to see a Fifa Ultimate App available for phones... I cant get onto the web version on the awl iphone...

Be great for setting up teams and trading...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'd second wager matches! I'd love to be able to bet all my coins and make coins that easy!

All I really want to change is the ****ing servers!
    thewools wrote: »

Id like to see a Fifa Ultimate App available for phones... I cant get onto the web version on the

If you have a jailbroken iPhone you can use the web app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

They're bringing out an official app for iPhone for FIFA 13.

http://ultimatefifa.com/2012/fifa-13-e3-presentation-ultimate-team-app-and-ea-sports-football-club-details/

"Next up was the big announcement that EA SPORTS will be releasing a new iPhone App with the launch of FIFA 13.

Initially it will provide you access to your FIFA identity and friends.

Most excitingly though, it will double as an Ultimate Team iPhone App and provide you with instant access to live auctions and many more Ultimate Team features on the go."

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    They're bringing out an official app for iPhone for FIFA 13.

http://ultimatefifa.com/2012/fifa-13-e3-presentation-ultimate-team-app-and-ea-sports-football-club-details/

"Next up was the big announcement that EA SPORTS will be releasing a new iPhone App with the launch of FIFA 13.

Initially it will provide you access to your FIFA identity and friends.

Most excitingly though, it will double as an Ultimate Team iPhone App and provide you with instant access to live auctions and many more Ultimate Team features on the go."

That sounds amazing but not really a necessity, can't imagine it being too quick on a phone but handy for re-auctioning players on the go.

How do y'all feel about progressive chemistry, as in players gaining more chemistry with eachother the more games they play. Right now its not actually possible to create your "Ultimate Team" as the chemistry will be terrible and unplayable so whats the other option? Chemistry cards maybe? Any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

A more detailed search engine would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I just want to be able to offer players as trades with anyone instead of just friends

I just want to be able to offer players as trades with anyone instead of just friends

Never really worked out before due to trade offers going unnoticed for the most part.
    Anyone have any idea what these football club points are? If you preorder you get 10,000 points which can be used for Fut coins so what I should be asking is does anyone know if you can obtain them in other ways like skill level maybe?

TheStook wrote:
    Anyone have any idea what these football club points are? If you preorder you get 10,000 points which can be used for Fut coins so what I should be asking is does anyone know if you can obtain them in other ways like skill level maybe?

If I'm not mistaken, they are the points you could at the moment for playing matches online -- varying amounts depending on the outcome. At the moment all they do is increase your EASFC (or something) level.

I think anyway.

BKC wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, they are the points you could at the moment for playing matches online -- varying amounts depending on the outcome. At the moment all they do is increase your EASFC (or something) level.

I think anyway.

So it just your Exp points but now you'r able to use them for stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

A bigger reward if you finish runners up in a final. That would be nice...!

There should also be landmark awards, like win 50 games, receive 10,000 coins, open 50 packs receive 5000 coins etc.

I'm officially done with Fut 11 now, it's just way too frustrating and predictable at this stage.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If your opponent quits during a match..
    • They should get coins taken out of their account. Say 500 coins at least, and yes, that could cause problems for those who are starting off, but sure, who cares about them if they are quitting games.
    • I, the person who remained in the game shouldn't have my contract reduced by one because some prepubescent, cry baby with his overly predictable, insanely expensive team is being battered and thus, has to rage quit.

There should be a clear DNF% just like in other EA Sports games indicated in the lobby as well pre-match.

-Ade- wrote: »
    • They should get coins taken out of their account. Say 500 coins at least, and yes, that could cause problems for those who are starting off, but sure, who cares about them if they are quitting games.

While I agree there should be punishment for negative players, I don't agree with penalising players who leave.

Why?... quite simple because of the alternative. Which is they leave down the controller for the full game. This is quite common in UT while a rarity in normal H2H. I'd much rather my opponent quits then make me sit there waiting for the game to finish while he's headed off.

You can't can't force anyone to play to their best, so penalising players for leaving means even more grief play.

I had a lad once who decided to keep taking tip and score an own goal from a long pass and keeper tap in. Guess who much time this takes off the clock?...about 20 seconds.
    He let ever replay run and I had to capitalise on a mistake before half time when he put it out for a corner and kick it down the pitch to end the half, then I had to do the same to run down the clock in the second half, corner back my end and keep possession.
    The game went on for well over 30mins. While I'll admit this was a one off, I've had more than my share off lads leaving the controller down and heading off.
    I'd rather they sort that kind of grief play out before penalising players who quit and don't waste your time.

For the love of God they better sort the initial connection problems or I'll just go back to H2H for good.

Had a silver and advanced final to play today.

The silver froze and after giving it 20mins I decided to call it quits.

Reload the game(you can't even just disconnect from PSN which compounds the issue) and start the Advanced final to find myself waiting again.

This lad is equally as patient. Past 20mins now and I think I'll give it to him.

It really seems like an issue that could have been addressed with a patch. And it's unacceptable to see it remain during the entire life span of 2012.

For the love of God they better sort the initial connection problems or I'll just go back to H2H for good.

Had a silver and advanced final to play today.

The silver froze and after giving it 20mins I decided to call it quits.

Reload the game(you can't even just disconnect from PSN which compounds the issue) and start the Advanced final to find myself waiting again.

This lad is equally as patient. Past 20mins now and I think I'll give it to him.

It really seems like an issue that could have been addressed with a patch. And it's unacceptable to see it remain during the entire life span of 2012.

I hear ya man.! I think a mutual quit option would solve this, although for the pre match freeze thing I'm not sure. Maybe if you leave before the 5th minute it shouldn't be recorded as a win/loss but that could be even more annoying in other ways

TheStook wrote: »
    although for the pre match freeze thing I'm not sure. Maybe if you leave before the 5th minute it shouldn't be recorded as a win/loss but that could be even more annoying in other ways

The pre-match freeze thing doesn't count as a loss though. The only thing is in tournaments, you are sent back to the first round. That's kind of fair enough though - otherwise you will have people backing out when they come up against a good team.

The pre-match freeze thing doesn't count as a loss though. The only thing is in tournaments, you are sent back to the first round. That's kind of fair enough though - otherwise you will have people backing out when they come up against a good team.

If you have to dashboard it does count as a loss doesn't it? You lose contracts and Dnf decreases if I remember correctly, I haven't played in a while!

If you have to dashboard it does count as a loss doesn't it? You lose contracts and Dnf decreases if I remember correctly, I haven't played in a while!

Nope. I've done it before and it definitely didn't count as a loss because I would have snapped! :o

Nope. I've done it before and it definitely didn't count as a loss because I would have snapped! :o

But when it's stuck on the team screen nobody dashboards because the first person to dashboard gets a loss? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm 90% certain that's how it is, or used to be anyway.

• Advertisement

But when it's stuck on the team screen nobody dashboards because the first person to dashboard gets a loss? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm 90% certain that's how it is, or used to be anyway.

That's in tournaments because whoever leaves is sent back to the first round of the tournament, but it does not count as a loss in your WDL record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

-Ade- wrote: »
    • I, the person who remained in the game shouldn't have my contract reduced by one because some prepubescent, cry baby with his overly predictable, insanely expensive team is being battered and thus, has to rage quit.

There should be a clear DNF% just like in other EA Sports games indicated in the lobby as well pre-match.

This.
    While I agree there should be punishment for negative players, I don't agree with penalising players who leave.

Why?... quite simple because of the alternative. Which is they leave down the controller for the full game. This is quite common in UT while a rarity in normal H2H. I'd much rather my opponent quits then make me sit there waiting for the game to finish while he's headed off.

Fair point. I've come across this very regularly.

If there's no activity on your controller for 5 or 10 game mins, you get the penalty for quitting and the match should end immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I am buzzing for this! Can't wait. Any concrete news on it?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I am buzzing for this! Can't wait. Any concrete news on it?

Nope, info only released for Career mode so far. The game is released in exactly two months so there should be a lot of info coming soon I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I just hope they release the web-app a week early like they did last year. Made me go less insane during the wait for the game's release and had a semi-decent team right from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It would be good if they let you match up with other manual players. Or reward you for manual play. For instance, if you score a goal you get 40 coins but they could make it depend on your settings for the amount of coins you earn.

Assisted shooting = 25 coins a goal.
    Semi-assisted shooting = 35-40 coins a goal.
    Manual shooting = 50 coins a goal.

Probably would be hard to implement but something to encourage manual play would be good.

I genuinely don't care what they do with the game once they fix the fucking servers!

They just wreck my head. Much more reliable for H2H than UT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Might only be me but everytime I see this thread being updated i fill with excitement :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

J. Marston wrote: »
    It would be good if they let you match up with other manual players. Or reward you for manual play. For instance, if you score a goal you get 40 coins but they could make it depend on your settings for the amount of coins you earn.

Assisted shooting = 25 coins a goal.
    Semi-assisted shooting = 35-40 coins a goal.
    Manual shooting = 50 coins a goal.

Probably would be hard to implement but something to encourage manual play would be good.

This. One of the reasons why I didnt stick with UT. Its a joke they havent a manual filter or even manual competitions

• Advertisement

Apparently your Fifa experience points thing carries over into Fifa 13 where you can buy stuff in the Ea Catalogue. I'm level 47 which is pretty good I think, what level are yee guys? I think you can purchase Ultimate Team coins aswell which is pretty sweet!

Just 2 months now, Its gonna ruin my Leaving Cert but oh well.!

Advertisement