Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

Hey i have a pretty decent BPL team
    vorm
    Ivanovic---kompany----vermalen---gibbs
    nasri
    ramires
    wilshere
    ox-chamberlin
    walcott
    remy

I have a few decent subs like arteta, milner,bent. I have about 25k and i was wondering does anyone have any ideas where this team could be improved. Im a mid table div1 player. My first option is nani but i was thinking of yaya toure or nano. both wilshere and ramires have high defensive workrates though and i think my attack could do with an extra spark .... Any ideas on someone reply please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah seems to be the way to go...
    I pity anyone shelling out big money for TOTY players and discovering you can't win a game to save your life...
    EA block any talks of scripting in their forums and ban any users that mention it..they're a príck of a company.

I had a TOTY Dante last week and gave him a good few games... after having the NIF and IF card the TOTY was useless! Sold after a fair few tries but for his stats he was pants and found much more success with this normal card for 189,000 less

Although I just got TOTY Felipe Luis and he's quite the beast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Thinking of selling my Premier League squad on xbox!

Begovic (TOTS)
    -Zabaleta (TOTS) Ferdinand (TOTS) Kompany Cole
    Carrick (TOTS)
    --Walcott
    Bale
    Suarez
    Aguero
    Van Persie

If anyone is interested in buying them off me? PM Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Games actually awful, last game both teams had same defence, my sif luau and sif Benteke lose every header, his matri scores a hat trick of headers. It's just unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

AdamD wrote: »
    Games actually awful, last game both teams had same defence, my sif luau and sif Benteke lose every header, his matri scores a hat trick of headers. It's just unplayable.

You underestimate how good Matri is on the game :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Luis Muriel <3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liamalone wrote: »
    I canna find the right chap at all on sofifa but I'll take your word for it, regardless he was catching Mirallas with ease despite giving up a sizeable head start and there's no way he should've been, not so quickly anyways, other folk on my team were moseying along instead of flying - lead in boots syndrome!

edit* found him in-game, 87 pace vs 89 for Mirallas

I think height plays a part in the speed of the player, stride length and all that. I regularly sprint away from defenders with Yaya Toure (79 pace and 6 ft 1) and it's probably the reason why David Luiz can catch every attacker in the game (78 pace and 6 ft 2).

Might try out Lacina Traore to test the theory (79 pace and 6 ft 7).

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

does fifa do a fire sale in there store on ulitmate team so to speak ,just before fifa 14 is released

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think height plays a part in the speed of the player, stride length and all that. I regularly sprint away from defenders with Yaya Toure (79 pace and 6 ft 1) and it's probably the reason why David Luiz can catch every attacker in the game (78 pace and 6 ft 2).

Might try out Lacina Traore to test the theory (79 pace and 6 ft 7).

I agree with this theory, I wouldn't think there's much difference between the two of the players mentioned though, could be wrong though.

Scripting is a myth I think now though, I actually beat a silver side tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gavb1991

paddzdaman wrote: »
    vorm
    nasri
    ramires
    wilshere
    ox-chamberlin
    walcott
    remy

I have a few decent subs like arteta, milner,bent. I have about 25k and i was wondering does anyone have any ideas where this team could be improved. Im a mid table div1 player. My first option is nani but i was thinking of yaya toure or nano. both wilshere and ramires have high defensive workrates though and i think my attack could do with an extra spark .... Any ideas on someone reply please :D

bud, defo go 4 yaya, hes class, daniel sturridge would be great sub with pace as ya already have remy, adam johnson also a class act 4 dirt cheap, an his left foot long shot is just class 4 some reason, seening since ya have a couple of arsenal players ya should pick up santi carzola left/right foot long shot pretty nice, even podolski, 87 shot? nice :D but not great skill and control.. ehh gervinio nice we touch with toure (both ivory coast)

heres my team
    reina

glen johnson/richards kompany/lescott agger/vermalen ashly cole

gerrard(cdm)/yaya toure

adam johnson/wallcot gervinio/dempsy

nasri/santi carzola

sturridge/suarez/tevez/podolski/defoe/remy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

think its time to sell this game. played a few games tonight, was just stupid. playing against players that haven't there players in right positions chemistry is way down yet there pinging the ball like they are Barcelona and i cant get a look in. when i do they get it straight away because my players cant work with each other. and this is division too. lost 5 games on the trot there now. dont think il bother with fifa 14.

paddzdaman wrote: »
    vorm
    nasri
    ramires
    wilshere
    ox-chamberlin
    walcott
    remy

Torres n Poldolski up top does the business for me but then I play 4-1-2-1-2

Get Hart!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gavb1991

think its time to sell this game. played a few games tonight, was just stupid. playing against players that haven't there players in right positions chemistry is way down yet there pinging the ball like they are Barcelona and i cant get a look in. when i do they get it straight away because my players cant work with each other. and this is division too. lost 5 games on the trot there now. dont think il bother with fifa 14.

but when that happens me i just think wel that fuker is better than me, green lines dosnt make u a good player, my worst run happend a month ago i just won div 1 title for the first time then went on a horrible confidence shattaring streak and went in div 3, saddest time in my life :L but yea its dis-hearting when ya lose a few, but when ur winning i bet your not on here, u cant wait 2 play the next game then..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People are too quick to blame scripting and momentum. Gotta look at yourself at times. When i'm on a really bad run i usually get one of the lads to have a look at me play a game. They usually point out things i'm doing wrong. Mostly it's trying to force things. Becoming very predicatable and one dimensional... it's important to vary it up against better players. Also pretty sure there's a ELO system in place so as you do better you will play better players. Learning the good skill moves (scoop turn, drags) is pretty handy too. I never really bothered but started doing them in career mode to learn them and it's a god send at times. Makes Ibra, Ribery and Ronaldo actually worth all the coins i spent on them!!!

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    People are too quick to blame scripting and momentum. Gotta look at yourself at times. When i'm on a really bad run i usually get one of the lads to have a look at me play a game. They usually point out things i'm doing wrong. Mostly it's trying to force things. Becoming very predicatable and one dimensional... it's important to vary it up against better players. Also pretty sure there's a ELO system in place so as you do better you will play better players. Learning the good skill moves (scoop turn, drags) is pretty handy too. I never really bothered but started doing them in career mode to learn them and it's a god send at times. Makes Ibra, Ribery and Ronaldo actually worth all the coins i spent on them!!!

I hear ye but scripting obvious at times, I'm flying tonight and only lost a couple, last one was unreal, booked 3 times in first 10mins for little then other team professional fouls and gets nowt, peppered their goal but couldn't score.... lad sent me a message after giving his sympathies lmao, he obviously saw it too!

Pyjamarama wrote: »

I'd disagree, while it could partly be up to you, there are so many times when its obvious that your team's movement both on and off the ball has just gone to ****, nothing more frustrating than that. Then you get your top midfielders playing incredibly bad passes for no reason while the 73 rated Brazilian on the opposing team is pinging it around like Xavi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Played another 4 games today. Lost all of them. This is definitely my worst run ha. Roll on division 3. Might get lucky there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Ye should check out http://stats.fifavibe.com/

Been using it for the last few weeks, basically it shows your stats for ultimate team (User inputed) and shows your Win/Draw/Loss as a percentage/pie chart, your top scorers, top opponent goalscorers and more.

For example the creator's account http://stats.fifavibe.com/user/nurriz

richieffff wrote: »
    Ye should check out http://stats.fifavibe.com/

Been using it for the last few weeks, basically it shows your stats for ultimate team (User inputed) and shows your Win/Draw/Loss as a percentage/pie chart, your top scorers, top opponent goalscorers and more.

For example the creator's account http://stats.fifavibe.com/user/nurriz

Me too lazy for that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Record at the moment is 50-1-5 , Won Div 1 three times in a row, 1 game away for no. 4. New team is an absolute beast

• Advertisement

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Record at the moment is 50-1-5 , Won Div 1 three times in a row, 1 game away for no. 4. New team is an absolute beast

You play way easier people when you make a new account though, even in div 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It's not the team, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

once your elo rating gets to the level it was before will you be restarting and beating noobs again?

Got sick of the scripting in Seasons so decided to put a cheap team back together and entered the 10k cup.

Hadn't even subs to rotate so played 4 games straight.

La Liga:

79 Goalie
    Debuchy
    Rami
    that 80/81 defender who's a snail
    Cissako(?)
    Kedhira
    Toulalan
    Kaka
    Turan
    Martins
    Soldado

The first three had good teams but still beat them.

Faced a TOTS guy in the final, had about 8 TOTS and Ibra, T.Silva, Robben etc.

I'd never faced a team like this with a pitiful one(always had good players before but never Silva etc) and it's just put me off playing it again.
    He went 1-0 up, every pass he gave was about as automatic and on the dime as you could get whereas my players were just passing it to the wrong areas to where I was even aiming.
    He went 1-0 up and I scored a cross at HT, I went 2-1 up and low and behold in injury time he passed it from the wing to the box, turned and scored even though I read every single move of his obvious play.

I had 57% possession and more shots than him but it went to penalties.

Now this is where it gets really annoying, the first I dived and he went the middle so I stood there for the rest.
    He put 6 in total down the middle, and my keeper only saved two from four (oh and my first by Martins skied the bar even though I went bottom right and got it in the middle).

Not alone are EA giving these people a significant boost in their chances of winning(I'd have creamed this lad 8/9 nil with even teams) with these TOTS players, they're even giving the lad the win on penalties when he couldn't even take the things.
    He did manage to stick the last one to the side but if my keeper had saved the middle shots it would have been over by then.

This game really is pathetic at times.... lets the lads who spend money win even when they shouldn't(never mind the general play the penalty shoot out took the biscuit).
    I wouldn't say the game felt scripted it was more he got a performance boost(beyond the players normal stat base) while my players took a dip.

you were just unlucky I wouldn't give up, people blame scripting when they build an expensive team and lose to a weak team

cintec wrote: »
    you were just unlucky I wouldn't give up, people blame scripting when they build an expensive team and lose to a weak team

I'm not new to the mode, played last year and this year and sold off my PC coins a few months back,

As I said, it wasn't scripting per se(though it's what drove me away to begin with) but he had a massive marked chance of winning the game by having all those TOTS players(and I don't mean their base stats as some were still low, it's like there's a performance boost added). My guys were swamped in seconds, every tackle he made was a clean take, every pass was perfect, no heavy touches.
    My lads felt marked down on how they were in the previous games, I never played a game before between UT and FIFA where I felt from the start I'd be lucky not to lose by a few.

Anyway it was the penalties that just pissed me off no end, he scored 2 from 4 hitting them down the middle even though I was diving that way.
    And I sky one when aiming low and getting it in :\... no point of playing a mode where the odds from the off are tipped to those who have the money to waste(or in the case of PC most likely cheated since so many lads are farming coins)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

cintec wrote: »
    once your elo rating gets to the level it was before will you be restarting and beating noobs again?

Yeah I might do actually, might bump into you then.

No I'm gone back to my main account now again.

Anyway it was the penalties that just pissed me off no end, he scored 2 from 4 hitting them down the middle even though I was diving that way.
    And I sky one when aiming low and getting it in :\... no point of playing a mode where the odds from the off are tipped to those who have the money to waste(or in the case of PC most likely cheated since so many lads are farming coins)

If he had TOTS players and he used a lot of power would he still score down the middle if you didn't move your goal keeper I'll have to test that myself as it is an easy way of scoring penalties if it works.

The fact you saved 2 penalties and still lost just shows how unlucky you were not to win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I've only very rarely seen the shots down the middle not saved if the keeper didn't move sometimes if you can move him a little bit it can hapen but twice in one go seems crap

• Advertisement

I've had quite a few penalties go past me down the middle, they were always powered hard above the keepers head and in before he smelt them!

Advertisement