Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Kirby wrote: »
    Don't have the patience for that to be honest. I'd prefer to be playing. And it works to some extent.

A quick check of my profile has my coins made from matches at 42k which is pretty impressive after a few days. The division 1 and 2 title gives 8k and 10k for winning it. That's just ten games plus you get atleast 500 coins per game anyway.

You guys can play the market, I'll play the game. :)
    Each to their own I suppose :) just easier getting up the coins this way :).
    Ive 2 teams aswel so im playing matches as my incestments are on trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

1000 coins best so far

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sold my Ligue 1 team as I just wasn't fussed about trying to fit in Belhanda or M'Vila into my 4-3-3 formation at this moment in time. It'd have bugged me having to spend a lot of coins on formation cards (no M'Vila I've seen in 4-3-3 since the app launched) and position cards too. Remy and Aubameyang are ridiculously expensive this year too is an issue.

But still, while disappointed a tad at selling Sissoko and Mbiwa. 200-300% on 11 out of 13 cards I had isn't bad!

I wanted to start with a gold La Liga team like the one I used last year anyway but got somewhat sidetracked into the Ligue 1 side, so I'll make that later in the day.

7a057f3af1217bad2adad39d95f6eb76.png

Also, got another mini pack today. Silver one this time. Got one decent player in it though. 74 rare Ivorian with the brilliant name of Yipa Yapo who plays for Basel in the Swiss league and is a CM in 4-4-2. Not one 4-4-2 on the market. In that case, do people think I should increase the price that bit more for him? His price obviously varies on the formation, but looking at the other popular formations, he seems to be going around 2-3K.

def831d916b80dd7a2e6f4ecdc04fbfb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Sold Smalling for 8,000 and Borini for 4,000 a few days ago which I thought was madness, prices for some PL players are crazy, think I'll wait a while for the market to settle before I start making a gold team, I made a bronze LOI team and silver MLS team to keep me going until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

getting a load of CM > CAM and CAM > CM for 2,3,4 hundred :) , should sell letter on for a good bit :D

• Advertisement

Odds of this going up from KSI's vid , image of a woman :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The app won't let me 'Auction Search' and hasn't been letting me for about a day now, anybody know how to fix this? Oh and yet another mini bronze pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Mini bronze, mini silver, mini bronze, mini gold, mini silver, 500 coins, mini silver

And another mini silver today.

Kit, ball, contract, and a worthless winger from the Saudi league.

:D

Just picked up Brasilver CB Zelao from Kuban in the Russian League for 2K. Not going to lie, absolutely delighted with that. Average price is around 8K, and hopefully that will further increase over time. Most certainly I'm gonna use him for a bit though. Need a RM, Jackson and Reynaldo my only options unless I convert a RW which I might still do and a goalkeeper which is obviously going to be Doni and I'll have my starting XI sorted. Will probably get the CB Kanu from the Pro League too at some point after that.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    :D

Just picked up Brasilver CB Zelao from Kuban in the Russian League for 2K. Not going to lie, absolutely delighted with that. Average price is around 8K, and hopefully that will further increase over time. Most certainly I'm gonna use him for a bit though. Need a RM, Jackson and Reynaldo my only options unless I convert a RW which I might still do and a goalkeeper which is obviously going to be Doni and I'll have my starting XI sorted. Will probably get the CB Kanu from the Pro League too at some point after that.

Ah sure, I'll just upgrade now :P

Added Little Drogba to my team for a bargain 3200 coins. Average is 8.5K.

• Advertisement

The web app is f*cked. Any time I search for a player with parameters set for position, max price, league... I have to restart it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rooney10 wrote: »
    The web app is f*cked. Any time I search for a player with parameters set for position, max price, league... I have to restart it.
    F*cked on console too. Try to broaden your,search that works.

try set the min price to 150 , should work then , as well as your other search parameters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Are there no single matches on UT now? Only seasons and tournaments?

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Are there no single matches on UT now? Only seasons and tournaments?

Yeah only them im afraid or play a friend or play a friends team

trying to get arteta all morning with only 4k , kept going up to nearly 8 , then if any with a buy now price are available , one for 2.5 k :D , sorted :D

Haven't been able to search auctions on the web app or console since yesterday afternoon :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Sorry folks for asking, but is this worth getting?

In the past i`ve mostly played offline, and an ontime online.

This year i tend to play a lot more online though.

I am under the impression, it will involve spending more and more money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

definitely ...and no you don't have to spend a bob if you play it wisely and look for bargains.

My Brazil 4-4-2 is starting to take shape..would prefer 4-1-2-1-2 but since I had 3 x 442 brazilian players it was a good place to start.
    http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#HBnkKywDe94:360

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ultimate Team can absolutely re-invent playing FIFA online if you give it a chance.

I've been playing since FIFA 09 and never spent a penny on it, basically if you want to you can buy packs of cards (you get your players etc. in these packs) but you can also buy packs with coins you earn from playing, and there is a player marketplace to buy specific players with coins you earn. Basically paying money is like a shortcut, no guarantee you'll get anything useful for your cash though!

• Advertisement

19269f8832272f3143094bce530055e6.png

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Quick question ahead of the rush tomorrow; Is the Ultimate Edition worth getting? I've always just got the standard edition, playing between the computer, friends and the odd game online. Can anyone sum up Ultimate Team for me in the easiest way possible? Is it similar to Fantasy Football? Will it require a lot of time and effort to do it right? Any other useful information would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What a clown.

3 posts up ^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Anyone else not being able to play a match online? Just constantly searching, same last night also, there is 180k players online and only 14 in a match so im thinking something is up....:D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Also, got another mini pack today. Silver one this time. Got one decent player in it though. 74 rare Ivorian with the brilliant name of Yipa Yapo who plays for Basel in the Swiss league and is a CM in 4-4-2. Not one 4-4-2 on the market. In that case, do people think I should increase the price that bit more for him? His price obviously varies on the formation, but looking at the other popular formations, he seems to be going around 2-3K.

def831d916b80dd7a2e6f4ecdc04fbfb.png

Sold for 2500. Only 4K off the 50K mark through trading now.

Well... I said last week that I wasn't going to build a Prem team until the prices got less mental, and that I wanted Cabaye to build a team around. I had kind of given up hope on getting him, his price goes between 2.5k and 3k.

Just randomly decided to search for one with a max buy now price of 2200... Got Cabaye for 450 coins!!! Absolutely delighted!!

Dont know if I should put him in a team or sell him for around 2k profit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Fair enough, I'll put more emphasis on the time and effort part. We'll say Fantasy Football is just a quick 'Friday night before the weekends fixtures' thing where you make a quick change or two. Does Ultimate Team work in a way that to be good you'd need to be playing a lot of games and constantly changing things around to be in any way competitive? Is it difficult to grasp for a first-timer? That kinda stuff. Yes I'm open to a few more 'clown' remarks but I'm only asking for personal opinions. I've read EA's summary of what it is but I'm not 100% sure on a few details.

audman wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'll put more emphasis on the time and effort part. We'll say Fantasy Football is just a quick 'Friday night before the weekends fixtures' thing where you make a quick change or two. Does Ultimate Team work in a way that to be good you'd need to be playing a lot of games and constantly changing things around to be in any way competitive? Is it difficult to grasp for a first-timer? That kinda stuff. Yes I'm open to a few more 'clown' remarks but I'm only asking for personal opinions. I've read EA's summary of what it is but I'm not 100% sure on a few details.

lol I think that clown comment was aimed at the idiot who did a pack opening on YouTube and had a viewer steal his code, as was posted just before yours.

As for your question, give Ultimate Team a shot, it would take a bit of getting used to but if you give it a good go you'll probably get hooked.

• Advertisement

BPL UT ready to go for the first time when I get home.

Given
    Bosingwa----Brown---Evans----Fabio
    Anderson
    Pablo H
    N'Zogbia
    Park

D. Cisse
    K.Jones

Subs: Saha, Ireland, Jonas Gutierrez. Hope the trading side of things is fixed by then. It's a bit worrying it seems to have problems already, given that most players won't get their copy until tomorrow....

Advertisement