Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

TheStook wrote: »
    Apparently your Fifa experience points thing carries over into Fifa 13 where you can buy stuff in the Ea Catalogue. I'm level 47 which is pretty good I think, what level are yee guys? I think you can purchase Ultimate Team coins aswell which is pretty sweet!

Just 2 months now, Its gonna ruin my Leaving Cert but oh well.!

41 on one account, 34 on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

73 I think.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

miralize wrote: »
    73 I think.. :(

I probably would be aswell if I didn't disconnect so much and not get any Xp, also I gave up on the Daily challenges after a while....

You'll be able to buy plenty of stuff.!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

But at what cost?!? I need to stop playing Fifa heh!

miralize wrote: »
    But at what cost?!? I need to stop playing Fifa heh!

That's dangerous thinking man haha, Gamescom is soon enough so we should be getting a lot of info hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I hope the game speed of Ultimate Team is the same as the game speed of "normal" FIFA games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It won't be. They need to make alterations to the engine to accomodate the chemistry system. If they didn't, there would be no point to it.

When you go into the options menu of Fifa 12, there are a bunch of sliders out of 100 that effect the engine in offline mode. Things like shooting accuracy, passing error tolerance, player speed, shot power, etc etc. There are a bunch of them. By default they are all at 50 and that's what they stay at in ranked. But the chemistry system alters these so the lad with higher chemistry has higher or lower sliders to benefit them.

The result is going to be a weirder engine with stuff like super fast players and finesse shots going in from 40 yards. The difference between ranked and UT is quite noticable. Not alot they can do without a major tweak of how they implement chemistry.

Most people just put up with it coz UT is great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Roll on :P

Info coming tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The trailer is out, shown a tiny bit of UT interface and it looks better. Hopefully we'll get loads of info later on today.

• Advertisement

Ultimate team looks different. The screen that has Messi in the center of the screen with a spotlight on him looks very PES like.

Yup lads, Gamescom trailer is out- here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNnmAlEnUt0&feature=player_embedded#!

You can see a bit of the Ultimate Team interface at 1:12, nothing much though.

More info is coming at 3pm I do believe.

Seasons added to Ultimate Team.

Unfortunaly, not much info was given on Ultimate Team.

Instead of just playing game after game, its now in the h2h seasons format, which is really nice.

There's some sort of challenges mode where you get rewards for doing things I believe. And loyalty rewards are back for returning Fut players.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2FqZHVjcy5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=aeXDOJ_xk5fCDpl0qV7EpftlCtv6aIxRZ1iyorlGqfY

Main menu.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Online and Single Player versions of Seasons are now in Ultimate Team.
    There will be five divisions in Seasons to prove your Ultimate Team abilities.
    At the end of every Season in FUT there will be prizes based on how well your Squad performed

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2FqZHo2bi5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=KdOxgoYR2D8RQTZd26CLfTGOhiDQWTbqPPSeBaNSl08
    You can buy unlock rewards in the EASFC catalogue for your club: e.g. more squads or bigger Trade piles

Fitness has been redesigned to make fitness recovery items more important.
    Players expect to play and win to keep high morale. Players with low morale recover to neutral faster.
    New manager tasks help teach you the mid-level tasks of running a club. Complete them all for a Special reward!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Unless they have a manual filter I can see myself getting bored of this easily again. Does anyone know if they mentioned it??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,156 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

-Ade- wrote: »

I'd rather they got rid of fitness altogether. Gets really annoying that you can't play your best team 2 games in a row because they all have really low fitness after that. Put me off playing a lot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Liam O wrote: »
    -Ade- wrote: »

I'd rather they got rid of fitness altogether. Gets really annoying that you can't play your best team 2 games in a row because they all have really low fitness after that. Put me off playing a lot this year.
    Splash out on Fitness coaches they really make a difference make sure you get all of them.

I know a lot of people would be against it but I would love to see Legend players cards in Ultimate team 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have enough trouble coping with Agbonlahor, trying to keep Pelé and Maradona quiet wouldn't be frustrating at all.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I have enough trouble coping with Agbonlahor, trying to keep Pelé and Maradona quiet wouldn't be frustrating at all.

Haha. I know what you mean but if they were like Ronaldo and Messi so they were a good few hundred thousand to buy it wouldn't bother me. If they could both be bought for just a few thousand and every one had them that would be ****.

J. Marston wrote: »

I really dislike the TOTY & MOTM cards. Loads of players have different versions. The more versions, the less cost overall.

Coming up against these all the time now. If you threw legends on top of this it'd make the MOTM & TOTY cards even less expensive and more common than they already are.

Looking forward to UT 13 where the slate is wiped clean, and there are just regular versions of players, and a few IFs week by week.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Looking forward to UT 13 where the slate is wiped clean, and there are just regular versions of players, and a few IFs week by week.

The 1st few weeks of UT are always the best IMO starting off with an average team.

I hope they let you sign in to the online app again a week or two before the game is released like you could last year.

The 1st few weeks of UT are always the best IMO starting off with an average team.

I hope they let you sign in to the online app again a week or two before the game is released like you could last year.

Trying to scrimp and save to buy McGeady, 79 Ba, etc.

Playing people that don't have unbelievable teams, but have them packed with the likes of O'Shea, Brown, Turner, etc.

Love it. It gets a lot less fun the more you play. I had Keane & Doyle as a strikeforce when the game was released last year. Slow and slower, but Keane used to do really well.

It's just not possible to use them now, because they'd be pounded in the arse by Lucio, David Luiz, Thiago Silva. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Their new dribbling system might make pace less important if it's implemented well though. If somebody defends deep, all the pace in the world wont help you if they just run into your wall. Might make slow but good technically players like Keane more viable.

Here's hoping anyway. If the new dribbling sucks it will just go back to pace is king. They also need to remove the computer auto tackling for you. People just LT/RT around the pitch like a crab and let the A.I. tackle for them. That needs to go to make dribbling and squaring a guy up 1v1 more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kirby wrote: »
    Their new dribbling system might make pace less important if it's implemented well though. If somebody defends deep, all the pace in the world wont help you if they just run into your wall. Might make slow but good technically players like Keane more viable.

Here's hoping anyway. If the new dribbling sucks it will just go back to pace is king. They also need to remove the computer auto tackling for you. People just LT/RT around the pitch like a crab and let the A.I. tackle for them. That needs to go to make dribbling and squaring a guy up 1v1 more enjoyable.

I've heard from one of the interviews I read from fifasoccerblog or somewhere that they are trying to make those 1v1 battles more like FIFA Street, obviously not as OTT as it was in Street, but definitely a step in the right direction if it's a happy medium.

Kirby wrote: »
    People just LT/RT around the pitch like a crab and let the A.I. tackle for them.

It is a bit ridiculous. It was annoying at first, but the A.I just shadows your movements. Becomes quite easy to breakdown.

You won't lose the ball when dribbling unless you literally run into the player, or get crowded out.

It is easier to break down than a poor player defending by himself. Just takes a while to adjust when you realise the guy is running like a crab.

Seeing as 13 is rapidly approaching.

I'm starting to find playing UT now a bit of a waste. And all the players I built up have lost their worth.

I'd like to see them add some reward system for moving to the next addition. It obviously couldn't be too(as some people have millions) much but maybe they could think off something :confused:

• Advertisement

Seeing as 13 is rapidly approaching.

I'm starting to find playing UT now a bit of a waste. And all the players I built up have lost their worth.

I'd like to see them add some reward system for moving to the next addition. It obviously couldn't be too(as some people have millions) much but maybe they could think off something :confused:

It always goes to **** after a few months of each Fifa when everyone has too much money.

Enjoy it for the 1st few months of the new game because that's when its brilliant.

Advertisement