Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

my packs for season ticket and pre order are avilable to open just checked the web app. swicthing ps3 incase of totw player

cesc fabregas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Unlucky ade.

Got my second preorder pack, nothing cept 1000 coins really.

Been trading with the 400 bronze packs. Its slow but a nice way to start.

Trying to building a decent 4231 Prem side.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    This is what happens when you have too many tabs opened on X browser including Skype.... and have been gripped by the Ryder Cup.

cf992d07be2be8e735bdc7514b4e98f3.png

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:(

How the hell did that only go for 150? Why can't I ever sneak a bargain like that?!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Putting the above aside. Spent most of the weekend in Germany and seems the market has changed dramatically since I got back yesterday late afternoon. I've had the app opened on and off throughout the day, and I just haven't been able to pick up any bargains of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

b4abf5e17876b0f0daee575eda73c3b7.png

Just played this chap in UT Seasons. Im calling something dodgy here , 1 no way can someone afford a team like that , and 2 I'm in Div 1 and he was ****e , bet him 3-2 , so dunno :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Soby wrote: »

Just played this chap in UT Seasons. Im calling something dodgy here , 1 no way can someone afford a team like that , and 2 I'm in Div 1 and he was ****e , bet him 3-2 , so dunno :/

He must have spend at least €50 or more on packs, or is a very very good trader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

donmeister wrote: »
    He must have spend at least €50 or more on packs, or is a very very good trader.

But Kells is on Xbox ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dunno. Cole is between 10-20k. Cazorla and Torres can be had for about 20k and 40k respectively. Toure a bit more.

Bale and RVP are the only staggeringly expensive players in there. It's a great team, but I would stack my team against it any day of the week. I have Torres, Mata, Silva, Jesus Navas, Pedro, Chiellini, Jordi Alba, Buffon, etc in my team and I haven't spent any real money. It's possible to assemble a good team without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone know when the iPhone app is being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Once again, sh!t luck. Opened my pre-order pack, I got Thiago from Barca (you can get him BIN for 500), and Saha (who I already have, who goes for about 500). Both in rubbish formations. Super.

Just once I'd like to get something worth a few thousand coins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah got rubbish in my two packs as well, few contracts and nothing else of note..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Got a 4-2-3-1 Pastore out of the two packs, decided to keep him for my Ligue 1 side

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Without having to buy them with coins, how do you get the best players and the black cards ones ?

In terms of buying gold packs is it pot luck or should you just buy one a week or every differant day ? I bought 15 in a row and got a fairly poor return for it!

Is there really a huge differance between normal card players and the same players with Bronze, silver or gold color in their stats (you know the cards that shine!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Drumpot wrote: »
    Without having to buy them with coins, how do you get the best players and the black cards ones ?

In terms of buying gold packs is it pot luck or should you just buy one a week or every differant day ? I bought 15 in a row and got a fairly poor return for it!

Is there really a huge differance between normal card players and the same players with Bronze, silver or gold color in their stats (you know the cards that shine!)?

The black cards are called 'in-forms', they're awarded to the best players from each weeks real life fixtures. There's a new set of in-forms each week. They're just upgraded versions of that players regular stats. The best way to get them is through trading though they are very expensive.

Buying packs is a fool's game really, there's no guarantee that you'll get anything worthwhile, it's all luck.

There's no difference between the regular and shiny (rare) cards. The rares are usually worth more coins on the market, but it varies from player to player

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    The black cards are called 'in-forms', they're awarded to the best players from each weeks real life fixtures. There's a new set of in-forms each week. They're just upgraded versions of that players regular stats. The best way to get them is through trading though they are very expensive.

Buying packs is a fool's game really, there's no guarantee that you'll get anything worthwhile, it's all luck.

There's no difference between the regular and shiny (rare) cards. The rares are usually worth more coins on the market, but it varies from player to player

Thanks for the clarification . .

Im new to the Ultimate side of FIFA so trying to find my bearing . .

So, the shiny cards players will play the same as the same non shiny ones . That is shiny Van Persie will play as well as unshiny Van Persie.

Black cards are better, inform versions of the same player.

The only way of getting these players is by complete luck in a gold pack or by winning enough coins to purchase a player from somebody else . .

In terms of playing people online, can they use the steroids (extra pace , extra shooting etc) when playing another user ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Drumpot wrote: »
    SaulGoode9 wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification . .

Im new to the Ultimate side of FIFA so trying to find my bearing . .

So, the shiny cards players will play the same as the same non shiny ones . That is shiny Van Persie will play as well as unshiny Van Persie.

Black cards are better, inform versions of the same player.

The only way of getting these players is by complete luck in a gold pack or by winning enough coins to purchase a player from somebody else . .

In terms of playing people online, can they use the steroids (extra pace , extra shooting etc) when playing another user ?

There is no non shiny Van Persie, a player is either rare or not. For example all Wayne Rooney cards are chimu whereas all Zoltan Geras are not. The shininess only indicates the rarity of the player in question.

And yes, there are upgrade cards that can be applied on a per match basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Its easy to get a team like that in fairness just need to be a decent trader, the market is easy at the moment, i expect it wil get harder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just opened my Season Ticket free pack...

Got Wesley Sneijder :D:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Its easy to get a team like that in fairness just need to be a decent trader, the market is easy at the moment, i expect it wil get harder though.

What are you trading atm, if you don't me asking? As said in the earlier hours, seems a lot of my trading plans have gone down the toilet since before the weekend till I got back late yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Putting together an Ex League of Ireland XI. Actually plays really well. Defence is the problem though. Can't think of any other/better ex LoI centre halves than the ones I have. Can't think of a RB either. I'd play Coleman there but he's down as a RM and theres no position modifier to make him a RB plus his cards are ridiculously priced at the mo as well has hard to find a 4-3-1-2 one. Dunno why Stephen Ward is right footed in the game so it's not too bad to play him at RB.

Midfield is decent enough and up front Long and Sammon are great!! Converted Doyle from a ST to a CF as well and I got the position modifier card for 150 :D

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#hxu1jFPsnHwfM:ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Putting together an Ex League of Ireland XI. Actually plays really well. Defence is the problem though. Can't think of any other/better ex LoI centre halves than the ones I have. Can't think of a RB either. I'd play Coleman there but he's down as a RM and theres no position modifier to make him a RB plus his cards are ridiculously priced at the mo as well has hard to find a 4-3-1-2 one. Dunno why Stephen Ward is right footed in the game so it's not too bad to play him at RB.

Midfield is decent enough and up front Long and Sammon are great!! Converted Doyle from a ST to a CF as well and I got the position modifier card for 150 :D

Is there a RM > RWB card? Actually I don't think there is but if is you could do that then RWB > RB.

Actually Coleman might have an orange position icon there as he has RB as his other positions outside of Ultimate Team (dont shoot the messenger if he doesnt though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Is there a RM > RWB card? Actually I don't think there is but if is you could do that then RWB > RB.

Actually Coleman might have an orange position icon there as he has RB as his other positions outside of Ultimate Team (dont shoot the messenger if he doesnt though!).

I think there is a card for that. I think I had a similar problem with Maggio in FIFA 12

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I don't think theres any card to make a RM more defensive. Only RM >> RW and vice versa. I'd play Coleman there regardless but I'd want to get a 4-3-1-2 or at least pick up a formation modifier. Like I said his cards are going at ridiculous prices at the mo so I'll leave it to settle before nabbing him. I don't think he'd upset the chemistry too much as most are playing in their preferred positions and formations and Irish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Decided I'd gamble a buy a 7.5k gold pack. Got 4000 coins, oxlade chamberlain 343, 3 gold contracts, a couple of kits, Adel Taarabt 352, 5212 modifier and a 77 CDM from WBA, not bad :P

Sold Giovinco LF 4-3-3 for 15,000. Much needed funds for my Bundesliga team.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just got yaya toure in one of the free packs don't no should I sell him or build around him now

I used my ultimate edition code and went in to the store where a pre-order pack was waiting, I presume that was one of the 24 packs. It's a pack a week but is there a set day for when the pack becomes available or is it just a week from the day when you used the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

J. Marston wrote: »
    I used my ultimate edition code and went in to the store where a pre-order pack was waiting, I presume that was one of the 24 packs. It's a pack a week but is there a set day for when the pack becomes available or is it just a week from the day when you used the code?

Set day I think.

I didn't get a chance to play fifa till late Friday night and got my pack then. And last night, or this morning, after 1am, I got my second pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Really enjoying this game now over last year's.
    It's a lot more about control..sure fast players still have a minor advantage but it's easily negated by defending and last year's noobs who constantly used over the top and speed tactics must be bawling their eyes out :D
    I had one guy constantly try and do it and I hammered him 9-0..actually surprised me that he stuck around for the entire match.
    Bought a few gold packs and building up a bronze, silver, Brazil team (currently the main team, an premier league league and an Italian one which is coming along nicely.
    Make the mistake last year of flogging players to enter different competitions but not this year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

has found a bit of cheat for easy coins in ut.
    go to kick off and start match. before u kick off pause the game and go into settings and mess with the cpu sliders. now unpause the game and kick off. then quit match and go to ut and for some reason the cpu settings wil carry over :P

Advertisement