Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I just quit if they do that for longer than 10 game minutes. Can't be arsed running around like a fool trying to get the ball back from the dick. I'll take the loss and go play someone else.

I've noticed more people doing that now in FIFA 13. I'm guessing it is because the game is new out and all the children are still playing it. There was a stretch of months on 12 where I never had that happen to me.

We just wait for the new Call of Duty to come out and hope they all feck off there I guess :pac:.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    He then proceeded to pass the ball back to his keeper and pass to his wing backs for the next 85 minutes. All his players were at almost zero fitness at the start & his players kept getting injuries & I still couldn't get the ball off of him. I think I touched the ball twice in the second half. I went ultra offensive and pressing but still couldn't get the ball from him, any advice on how to win the ball in this situation because I felt like throwing my controller through the screen with anger.

Think many of us have been on the receiving end of this at least once when playing FIFA online. Unfortunately, there isn't much do unless he makes a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    I'm sick of people who get jammy wins all the time. The latest one was that I needed one point to stay in division 1 in UT & I gave away a penalty (one of the dodgy ones where ou can do nothing about it) in the 5th minute which he scored. He then proceeded to pass the ball back to his keeper and pass to his wing backs for the next 85 minutes. All his players were at almost zero fitness at the start & his players kept getting injuries & I still couldn't get the ball off of him. I think I touched the ball twice in the second half. I went ultra offensive and pressing but still couldn't get the ball from him, any advice on how to win the ball in this situation because I felt like throwing my controller through the screen with anger.

Ultra attacking, high pressure and hold R1. This means your controlling two at the same time and try work out where the ball will go next so hold R1 then with the person your controlling intercept, I've been successful whenever somebody has done it on me.
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I just quit if they do that for longer than 10 game minutes. Can't be arsed running around like a fool trying to get the ball back from the dick. I'll take the loss and go play someone else.

I've noticed more people doing that now in FIFA 13. I'm guessing it is because the game is new out and all the children are still playing it. There was a stretch of months on 12 where I never had that happen to me.

We just wait for the new Call of Duty to come out and hope they all feck off there I guess :pac:.

It's really not worth quitting, just keep trying as it affects your modifier and it takes a while to get it back to normal. Just be patient and try cut out the move. If you can't get it just leave your controller down, least you'll get 400+ coins at the end :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is there a TOTW out this evening?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Is there a TOTW out this evening?

Nope, every Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is the play a friend feature totally broken for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is the play a friend feature totally broken for anyone else?

It's flakey but it works.

We've had to both back out to the dashboard for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone else have sold items stuck in their trade pile again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thats at least 4 times now ive went the whole way threw a game all the way to extra time in an online tournament. When it finished up the servers disconnected i was sent out of ultimate team then returned with the message you quit the game :mad:

No coins and my rating lowered for future about of coins after games. The online issues with this game are total bollox at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone else have sold items stuck in their trade pile again?

Just now ya :pac: ffs. I have a few contracts sold for bout 450 each and Walcott sold for 12,000 so id say more then 15,000 sitting there that better ****ing go into my account soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bought a fairly decent 3-5-2 bundesliga team, but am really struggling to get to grips with them, any hints or recommended players ?
    Team is

Weise

Naldo
    Subotic
    Santana

Farfan
    Javi Martinez
    Luis Gustavo
    Schurrle

Muller

Gomez
    Arnautovic

Subs: boateng,howedes, Shaqiri , Elia , van Der Vaart, Mandzukovic, Gundagon

Will def bring Reus in when I get the coins

Get Sam, he has 90 pace and will cost around 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Balls. I just bought three Jadsons and they're all stuck in the watch list. Says 'Completing'. At least it wasn't anyone too expensive, I almost went for Chiellini!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I needed a new striker to partner Miccoli so I went for Vucinic and WOW...

I got him for 800 coins and a guy with 80pace 80shooting and 85dribbling standing at 6'1 he's unreal ..

The cards have actually disappeared from my trade pile now without me getting the coins. Fúck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

The cards have actually disappeared from my trade pile now without me getting the coins. Fúck sake.

I have Gerrard in my trade pile & nobody bought him & it's stuck. I bought him for 20000 last night & he didn't suit my style of play so I decided to sell him. If I lose him now I'll be very annoyed with 20000 after going down the drain.

You's will get everything back.

Yeah, my coins have come through.

I can't seem to get an opponent for the Gold Cup semi final. Tried a load of times last night but it couldn't find someone and the same today. Surely I'm not the only person in a Gold Cup semi-final?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone ever used fifa coins online? 50k for about a tenner, and various other packages. Surely much cheaper than buying packs with MS points?

Tinie wrote: »
    Anyone ever used fifa coins online? 50k for about a tenner, and various other packages. Surely much cheaper than buying packs with MS points?

Yeah but you don't get that lovely feeling of maybe getting Messi in a pack .....

And then getting Chamakh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

blobby360 wrote: »
    Yeah but you don't get that lovely feeling of maybe getting Messi in a pack .....

And then getting Chamakh

:P

I really need Pepe and Benzema, so its my only option really as I dont play fifa half as much as id need to to save up enough coins for them. Sick of coming up against 85 rated teams against my 79 rated team and getting hammered :(

• Advertisement

A filter for searching through formations would be bloody handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

A filter for searching through formations would be bloody handy.

I thought this too, for Position cards as well, but it can't happen, it would be far too easy for price-fixers to search their formation and buy them all out.

What I do when I need one now is decide on a maximum price I'm willing to spend, depending on the formation I need, then set that as maximum buy now, wait until a peak time and then head for the 59th min. It takes about 15 mins to get there and if you give it another 15 mins of searching you will more often than night find the formation you're looking for at a non-extortionate price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I got Jesus Navas in a pack. Probably the best player I have ever got in a pack.

Which is kinda sad.

And now there's items stuck in my watch-list. Chriiiiiist.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Tinie wrote: »

Does this actually work? Or is it one of those common scams!

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    Does this actually work? Or is it one of those common scams!

No you can get genuine people who will sell you some coins...

Don't have a clue how they get so many though.
    I'd pay them just to teach me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Bought a fairly decent 3-5-2 bundesliga team, but am really struggling to get to grips with them, any hints or recommended players ?
    Team is

Weise

Naldo
    Subotic
    Santana

Farfan
    Javi Martinez
    Luis Gustavo
    Schurrle

Muller

Gomez
    Arnautovic

Subs: boateng,howedes, Shaqiri , Elia , van Der Vaart, Mandzukovic, Gundagon

Will def bring Reus in when I get the coins

Get Sam, he has 90 pace and will cost around 1000.

Already have farfan and Elia who are faster

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Still have to play with this team, but yeah, my silver Eredivisie team for the time being -

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#bYwLs8QUnHECA:ps3

Johansson (RB), Van Aanholt (LB), Overtoom (CAM), Enoh (CDM) and Jorgensen (CB) are names I'll to add to the squad/starting XI over the next day or two. I'd love to include the Donk from the Pro League with his 79 pace, 81 defence and 82 heading! But 40K is too much to spend on a player for me at this time even if I have a 150K.

Castaignos is the one I really want back to lead the attack though. The same one I bought and posted here last week, think it was for 1200 BIN, I made nearly 11K profit on him when his price was at it's highest up until now. He can be bought for around 8K on average these days. So I'll pick him up very soon. Coins aren't an issue, just being a miser again is all (:pac:) otherwise I'd buy him now. Fernandez, who's been a nice trading profit earner for me, and El Kabir will keep me ticking over hopefully till I get Castaignos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Made this super hybrid silver team last night, 6 nations, and 4 leagues! Won the silver tourney on first asking.

two 5* skillers, and three 4* skillers. All tanks.

Morten Ganst Pedersen is a gem, his pace is obviously lacking but his long shots and his free kicks (All high 80's) are amazing. 4* skill and 5 weak foot.

But I was wondering could anyone tell why Almeback, the Swedish CB in my team only gets 7 Chem, he has one nationality link, two league links and one dead one???

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fobadYcZnHrZd:ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

donmeister wrote: »

But I was wondering could anyone tell why Almeback, the Swedish CB in my team only gets 7 Chem, he has one nationality link, two league links and one dead one???

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fobadYcZnHrZd:ps3

You've linked the wrong team. That's an Irish/Korean/Australian hybrid.

Advertisement