Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I dont believe this ****e.

2-1 up.. 80th minute. He's attacking. My player slides to intercept the ball.. the balls stops at the referee and he gets the ball and continues on to score.

86th minute I give a wreckless penalty away, and when I'm about to dive (the right way, might I add), my controllers batteries die and he scores.. 3-2 up..

91st minute (ish), I take a shot with balotelli, the keep saves it, but it still has momentum and is trickling towards goal. His Clichy, out of nowhere, runs at a superhuman pace and clears the ball millimetres away from goal.

Féck. This. Shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Beginning to get annoyed with it now.
    Some games I absolutely hammer the other guy and then the favor is returned in my next game.
    In the games I win by a mile every bounce, control, mistimed tackles by opp defenders all go my way completely.
    It also seems as if every one of my players suddenly gains the Messi first touch.
    In the games I get trounced my players fall over each other or a defender running back to make a last ditch tackle is intercepted by the bloody referee who wasn't watching where he was going. Added to that, that my players who had ball control of over 90 all suddenly look like ****us Shambles :mad:

Whatever way EA has of balancing the above it all seems to go pot in some games thus leading to some of those scorelines.
    I was talking to one guy who I had just hammered 7-0 and it was actually embarrassing some of the goals I scored, like where his defender had the ball, was going to clear it and he fell over the goalkeeper and I nicked in to score it.
    He was saying that in the last 2 games he had completely hammered his opponents in a similar way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I hate those games. You know within about 20 seconds there is absolutely no way you are going to win as all your players have been reduced to the ability of Paul McShane with one leg.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thought I got Toprak for 1500. 1 second remaining........... some guy bids 20K. God damn it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Thought I got Toprak for 1500. 1 second remaining........... some guy bids 20K. God damn it :(

628342657.png?key=500461&Expires=1350389830&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=tUNX2PNQyZy1p7eAavbC~SwGw86Qvc1OKpuxrG2vbymfVr8p~~ThbrwK4fcMzjDhyb1zuUIr7kw9LkQiT2V8M3fLKshkHDBJyQvbR2vuacM1yWOGtrEnckmdv-xo4OBhh97PQf-mg~LqtFeZSl-DjlZQEWfb~EKJzb64EQkCINg_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Has anyone used a RB in LB position or vice versa ?

I have a Brazil team but the LB options are horrible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

blobby360 wrote: »

Marcelo? 60k, seriously steep but I have him and hes a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

blobby360 wrote: »

Luis Felipe really isn't that bad

Bundesilver team so far. Need to buy me a striker. Looking at Akpala for now.

Would love either Mlapa from Gladbach or Sio from Ausburg, and while I can afford them both, same situation with Navas for the time being. Pukki from Schalke is an option too obviously, but as a Dortmund supporter, three Schalke players in the starting XI over two Dortmund players is a big no no :) Will have to buy Leitner as some point too which might change things, but he goes for around 35K :/

Fagner at RB is another name I'd like to add to the starting XI over time also.

81743b9882644f1bb3889a47a1a49988.png

Out of interest, who are the favourite players to use for people here so far?

Absolute loved using Hazard, Thorgan that is ;) He's my bronze Tello this year. Skips past defenders without much bother, can play that killer through ball and is a good finisher for me.

Also Depay for PSV has been tremendous as well, cutting in from the left onto his right foot which is lethal. Duarte is another who deserves a shout, and the silver Ajax keeper Cillessen has pulled off some brilliant saves that he should have been nowhere near getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Currently playing my 2nd season in Division 1. I'm at 19 points with 1 game to go. Since it's 21 points to win the league, I'll need to win the final game. Have had so many dodgy games along the way so I'm too scared to play it :pac:

I'm using a low rated BPL gold team and Scott Sinclair has been the best of the bunch I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Absolute loved using Hazard, Thorgan that is ;) He's my bronze Tello this year. Skips past defenders without, can play that killer through ball and is a good finisher for me.

Also Depay for PSV has been tremendous as well, cutting in from the left onto his right foot which is lethal. Duarte is another who deserves a shout, and the silver Ajax keeper Cillessen has pulled off some brilliant saves that he should have been nowhere near getting.
    Paulinho, Serie b silver.What a player.Pobregnynak(spelling?) aswell has a suberb shot but I sold him.BTW how much did that team cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reus and Felipe Santana. Reus is just great at everything and Santana is good fun to burst out of defence with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I haven't played much, but out the few players I have used, Arturo Vidal is probably my favourite. He's great at getting forward and gets quite a lot of goals, outscoring Cavani so far. Hamsik is also very good, has a brilliant shot on him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

For my BPL team its probably Paul Scholes, his passing is unbelievable, oh and Ben Arfa, 5 star skills and great shooting. Then for my Airtricity League team, definitely Billy Dennehey, worth every coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Got Gotze in my free pack in a 4-3-1-2. How much does he usually go for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

LakesKeane wrote: »

I'll give ya about 3 fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Made a 433 Liga BBVA team 2 days ago I'm selling it already, who knew a midfield trio of Alonso, Fabregas and Modric wouldn't be able to hold on to the ball and pass it around for more than 5 seconds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bugg wrote: »
    Made a 433 Liga BBVA team 2 days ago I'm selling it already, who knew a midfield trio of Alonso, Fabregas and Modric wouldn't be able to hold on to the ball and pass it around for more than 5 seconds :mad:

That type of play is tough in Ultimate team. 99% of people hyper-press so you don't have very long to try and control the game, especially midfield.

• Advertisement

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Paulinho, Serie b silver.What a player.Pobregnynak(spelling?) aswell has a suberb shot but I sold him.BTW how much did that team cost?

Prices in bio - http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#eePBI0RjnHKTz:ps3

Didn't like Paulinho myself.

LakesKeane wrote: »

For him aswell in 4-2-2-2 he went for 12.5k I had literally just bought him for my bundesliga team an all.

Absolute loved using Hazard, Thorgan that is ;) He's my bronze Tello this year. Skips past defenders without, can play that killer through ball and is a good finisher for me.

Love Reus , Javi Matinez and Gundogen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Decided to go for a BPL team, its far from great, still building, but Kone is unreal. Gaston is class at CF, favourite, Javi Garcia, the lad is a animal, good shot aswell.

Finally won Division 1 (online). Got Kroos and Hernandez in my free pack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Miccoli is great in the game. Best 15000 I ever spent.

Also after winning all the cups now and in Division 2. Once I win Division 1 I'll probably lose interest in the ultimate team.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Then for my Airtricity League team, definitely Billy Dennehey, worth every coin.

+1, Dennehy is class.
    Decided to go for a BPL team, its far from great, still building, but Kone is unreal. Gaston is class at CF, favourite, Javi Garcia, the lad is a animal, good shot aswell.

I have Javi Garcia in my current Premier League team, rotate him in the CM position of a 4-5-1 with Fellaini and he gets his fair share of goals for me too.

One player I bought early on for my EPL team and was still using up until I could afford Mata was Bryan Ruiz. He can be got really cheap and is a quality 82 rated CAM, definitely worth a look.

Just played against this team in Division 1. He used pace cards on Torres and Van Persie. Still beat him with my very cheap BPL team LOL

vfcvlw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

jamescd wrote: »
    Finally won Division 1 (online). Got Kroos and Hernandez in my free pack :D
    Well done. Im stuck in div 1 for 4 seasons now. Havent won it yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

I nearly have the coins for balotelli. Anyone else have him. Is he any good in the game

Advertisement