Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Trampas wrote: »
    I have no coins at the moment but any suggestions how to turn more orange lines into green?

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#c0UIHWDFnWL:360

You don't really need any more green lines as everyone in your team already has 9 chem. It will make no difference performance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm yet to play someone with an all Brazilian team who isn't in the running for 'Biggest Díckhead in the Universe' Title. As soon as I see it I know straight away I'm to be subjected to a game of lofted through balls, skill spamming, watching every replay and extra long celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm yet to play someone with an all Brazilian team who isn't in the running for 'Biggest Díckhead in the Universe' Title. As soon as I see it I know straight away I'm to be subjected to a game of lofted through balls, skill spamming, watching every replay and extra long celebrations.

Yup, Welliton is my most hated player so far. My last 2 losses have been to brazilian teams with him up front :mad:

Welliton, Wagner Love, Robinho and Hulk. Every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mcgovern wrote: »
    I'm new to Ultimate Team, anyone got any advice on how I can improve my team? Been saving coins so have about 11k at the moment.
    Have Affellay (wrong formation) and Shaqiri and Muller on the bench to rotate LM/RM/CAM.
    fifaut.jpg
    Thanks!

Edit: Just got Lewandowski for 7.6k, so guess I need to start saving again! Any suggestions still welcome

My Bundesliga side: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#VZZmMsRen2r:360

Get Arnautovic instead of Esswein. I know Esswein has 90+ pace, but Arnautovic is an absolute beast. I see you got Lewandowski, so either him or Mandzukic (who I love) for the other spot.

Get Van Buyten out of defence! His pace will kill you. Try and get Subotic in, I picked him up for 2000 coins and he is a MONSTER. If you can't get him then Jerome Boateng is also a beast, I've the 2 of them at the back and I concede very little.

Other than that it's very solid, nice team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Game froze during a match.FU EA FU

So I said I'd give the Ox/Messi trick one go.

I'm very strict about wasting my coins on packs. When I started playing UT in 12, at the start I was saving my coins for packs and soon realised I was wasting my time when I could use the 7500 to buy contracts/silver players and turn it over to the value of a player you'd be delighted to pull from a pack, in only a day or two.

I didn't waste any coins on packs at all this year bar a few 400 bronze ones for the consumables and I actually pulled a player worth 2000 or so from one of the few of those I bought.

Well I got just about what I expected.... Two shiny contracts and a shiny silver coach :rolleyes:
    The 2000 coins is some sort of saving grace but my best player is some 77 CAM snail.

That's the first and last pack I buy. I've been trading well with silver players the past week and have a full trade pile and the 13k I started with so just said I'd chance my arm at it once.

8103005174_e8ee548676_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My Bundesliga side:

Get Arnautovic instead of Esswein. I know Esswein has 90+ pace, but Arnautovic is an absolute beast. I see you got Lewandowski, so either him or Mandzukic (who I love) for the other spot.

Get Van Buyten out of defence! His pace will kill you. Try and get Subotic in, I picked him up for 2000 coins and he is a MONSTER. If you can't get him then Jerome Boateng is also a beast, I've the 2 of them at the back and I concede very little.

Other than that it's very solid, nice team.

Thanks, will try that. Subotic is a bit more expensive in 4-1-2-1-2, so will save up for him first, and then get Arnatovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

why is it when i play someone with a bad connection the minute something important happens game skips :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Any details on what the patch fixed? Injurys working now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, worst when they have Neymar because you just know the prick will break out that stupid fúcking dance celebration when he scores with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mcgovern wrote: »
    Thanks, will try that. Subotic is a bit more expensive in 4-1-2-1-2, so will save up for him first, and then get Arnatovic.

Try and get on at strange off-peak times and catch him on an open bid.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Strange seeing people complain about Brazilian teams. When 7 out of 10 games (probably being kind), no matter the team involved are against people in the running for 'Biggest Díckhead in the Universe' Title.. Be it in FUT, H2H, Pro Club, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Funny you should mention this now! My nephew was up earlier and asked me to play on his account to help him out. He'd already started a gold cup and got through the first round. He has a semi decent premiership team. He had Richard Dunne and Carragher as his CB's so I knew it was gonna be somewhat difficult defending. I took out Carragher and played Mikel there instead.

Anyways I made it to the final and came up against a player like this. All pacy Brazilian players, lofted through balls etc. He went 1-0 up, exaggerated celebrations, watched every replay. He scored again not long after the 2nd half and starts doing the cupped hand to the ear and the shhh celebraions :confused: About 5 mins later he bundles me over in the box and I get a peno, scored so it was 2-1. He then started to be a complete knob by holding the ball at the back and doing skills etc. Stayed that way til the end and there was 4 minutes added on. I broke up one of his attacks down the wing. Played a lovely through ball with Dempsey for Marin to run onto. Turned his defender in the box and finessed it into the far corner. I was ****ing delighted!!

Cagey extra time then after that with few chances. So it went to penalties. I missed my 3rd penalty and he'd scored all his (despite me going the right way every time!) Came down to his last penalty to win it. I went the wrong way but he smashed it off the underside of the bar and it came back out! I knocked the next one in to make it 4-4 and sudden death. I saved his first one and then knocked in the winner with Barry. It really was satisfying :) I then sent him a nice message afterwards saying "Cheers for the time wasting, those 4 minutes came in handy at the end!" :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Delighted for that chap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Delighted for that chap :)

I also messaged him after that again to tell him I got Neymar and Julio Cesar in the pack for winning the tournament (which I didn't of course!) to really annoy him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone think there would be a chance of them adding Legends into packs ?

I'd say Ea would make a crazy amount in packs bought just at the chance of getting Zidane..

It would also give some competition to the Messi and Ronaldo cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Is it just me or do yee guys have games where yee just know that you're not gonna win?

I had a really good team and I got crushed regularly by crappy gold teams, I buy a non rare prem team and I get crushed by really good teams.

WHY CAN'T PES BE GOOD DAMNIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

After selling most of my team I said fcuk it, I'll just buy packs with the funds I get as I don't think I'll bother with the mode anymore.

Second pack I open.. Iniesta boom! :P

He then started to be a complete knob by holding the ball at the back and doing skills etc.

This wrecks my head, utter twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Funny you should mention this now! My nephew was up earlier and asked me to play on his account to help him out. He'd already started a gold cup and got through the first round. He has a semi decent premiership team. He had Richard Dunne and Carragher as his CB's so I knew it was gonna be somewhat difficult defending. I took out Carragher and played Mikel there instead.

Anyways I made it to the final and came up against a player like this. All pacy Brazilian players, lofted through balls etc. He went 1-0 up, exaggerated celebrations, watched every replay. He scored again not long after the 2nd half and starts doing the cupped hand to the ear and the shhh celebraions :confused: About 5 mins later he bundles me over in the box and I get a peno, scored so it was 2-1. He then started to be a complete knob by holding the ball at the back and doing skills etc. Stayed that way til the end and there was 4 minutes added on. I broke up one of his attacks down the wing. Played a lovely through ball with Dempsey for Marin to run onto. Turned his defender in the box and finessed it into the far corner. I was ****ing delighted!!

Cagey extra time then after that with few chances. So it went to penalties. I missed my 3rd penalty and he'd scored all his (despite me going the right way every time!) Came down to his last penalty to win it. I went the wrong way but he smashed it off the underside of the bar and it came back out! I knocked the next one in to make it 4-4 and sudden death. I saved his first one and then knocked in the winner with Barry. It really was satisfying :) I then sent him a nice message afterwards saying "Cheers for the time wasting, those 4 minutes came in handy at the end!" :D

this makes me so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I don't believe it! An Englishman scoring any penalty in a shootout let alone sudden death lol

They'll have to patch the patch :rolleyes: Trade pile glitch is still an issue, and I have like 20 cards I have bought and wanted to stick up overnight.

So thankful ACIII is out in 11 days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Making a bit of a hybrid team, need some Spanish wingers, so far my plans for the left are either David Villa or Pedro and the right is Jesus Navas or Alexis Sanchez, any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Torres is a animal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Jst got disconnect winning 2-1 with 1min togo saying ea severs are down why would I quit like dnf gone bac to nothing aswell pure sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ultimate team was fine for me after the patch but pro clubs is an absolute disaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Really hate teams using the 100% pressure and aggression custom tactic. its near impossible to get time to get a shot in on goal if they are playing 2 cdms plus their defence. And the minute they get the ball, they always seem to hoof it up the pitch to their pace whores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Tinie wrote: »
    Really hate teams using the 100% pressure and aggression custom tactic. its near impossible to get time to get a shot in on goal if they are playing 2 cdms plus their defence. And the minute they get the ball, they always seem to hoof it up the pitch to their pace whores.

Few tips for playing against this:

1. Don't ever play in the rain, get a south american stadium where it doesn't rain.

2. Just play slow simple passing around your whole team, because of their system you should even pass it back to your goalkeeper when they are pressing up the pitch. Eventually they will get frustrated and start chasing like an idiot and then you can just pass around the players.

3. The hardest bit, a rule which i don't always follow myself. Don't over commit to the attack to break him down. Try to always have 1 CDM or CM in front of your back 4 in case you lose possession and he breaks.

It might seem like these are pretty obvious things but as soon as I realise my oponent is playing this way, I start playing like that and its very effective.

• Advertisement

Would love to see how people who use 5 man defence formations cope without that option, and ultra defensive tactics too. Maybe they're afraid of my Llornete, Cazorla or Isco running past their Ogbanna, Pepe, Dede, etc, etc :pac:

Advertisement