Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

i cannot for the life of me get a win im just about staying in division 2 i know i should be winning the games but just cant and i have 100 chem

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

****ing cursed I've said for ages when it comes to silver cup final :mad:

4-0 up with 10 mins left and I get kicked from FUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Try and get on at strange off-peak times and catch him on an open bid.

I got Subotic for 4k and Arnautovic for 650. Arnautovic is great when I'm the team on top, 6 goals in 8 games. When I'm under pressure and trying to score on the break, I still find Esswein better (13 in 23).
    Managed to win Division 2, despite getting some hidings, but not tried Div 1 yet.
    Tried out the Messi/Ox thing, got some rare silver who goes for 250, and 2 contracts :(
    Still got 14k saved up, thinking of buying someone BIN for 15k+ for the achievement, though IF ter Segen seems to be the only one around that range (apart from IF DeBruyne), and not sure if he's sort that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Opened 3 packs tonight:

1. IF Pedro + 2000 coins and 4-3-2-1 card
    2. Snejider + 4000 coins
    3. Hernandez and a few other low golds. Lovely!

And no I didnt do that Messi/ Ox trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This game should be renamed 'Counter Attack' 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Keno 92 wrote: »

Or "**** Servers 13"

Gomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ultimate Team is FIFA on drugs, hyper speed all the time, it's got a bit tiresome already. Think I'll give it a break for a while. Pro clubs, head to head and career mode are enough to interest me anyway.

Counter Hoof (sorry, measured high through balls -_-) Attack 13 is more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Does that trick with the sliders still work?
    Haven't played UT in at least a week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Totally agree. Whats more frustrating is that the foundation is there for a really good footballing game. The biggest problem for me is there is far too much emphasis on attacking AI. Midfield players seem completely ill disciplined regardless of formations/positions or roles.

At times when you're on the attack it's like a scene from the Mighty Ducks with players bombing forward in a flying V formation! Theres no way so many players should be looking to get forward and join in on attacks. Fair enough if it's the last few minutes and you're behind and pushing for a goal then it would be understandable but they seem to play this way all the time.

What happens then is your attack breaks down and essentially you're nearly always left with about 5 players ahead of the ball and thus is a haven for counter attacking. Ultimate team (at the top level at least) is far too arcadey and the pace of the games are unrealistic.

There are moments where it can be really enjoyable but it's often overshadowed by those WTF? moments and thats whats frustrating because the potential is there for the game to be so much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's just a pace fest.

Lads with two forwards and two wingers all with 90+ pace constantly banging balls over the top. And then to counter that nearly every CB is slow as shít, in the Premier League at least. I think David Luiz or M'Bia are the fastest CB's and neither are above 80.

It's pretty much a case of whoever has the fastest players wins when it comes to Ultimate Team.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm yet to play someone with an all Brazilian team who isn't in the running for 'Biggest Díckhead in the Universe' Title. As soon as I see it I know straight away I'm to be subjected to a game of lofted through balls, skill spamming, watching every replay and extra long celebrations.

Got this last night in the Three League final, Neymar, Maikon Leite, Felipe Santana and David Luiz, the usual suspects....and Eto' and Doumbia up front. Pure sweat fest.

He scored a good FK in the 6 min, I proceed to play good, varied attacking football and all over him,3x shots, possession, hit the post twice from 30 yards+ etc etc etc.

He plays possession for the last 15 mins and I sent him a message 'Players like you ruin FIFA' and he replies 'LOLZ get some skills dude' I nearly smashed my telly, was raging. Makes me want to quit FIFA for good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

donmeister wrote: »
    Got this last night in the Three League final, Neymar, Maikon Leite, Felipe Santana and David Luiz, the usual suspects....and Eto' and Doumbia up front. Pure sweat fest.

He scored a good FK in the 6 min, I proceed to play good, varied attacking football and all over him,3x shots, possession, hit the post twice from 30 yards+ etc etc etc.

He plays possession for the last 15 mins and I sent him a message 'Players like you ruin FIFA' and he replies 'LOLZ get some skills dude' I nearly smashed my telly, was raging. Makes me want to quit FIFA for good.....

They feed on that.

Ive given up on UT already this year.

I could usually cope with the pace whores each year but this year it was really infuriating.

Seems like every match I played was just an LB + Y fest from whoever I was playing also when you are attacking and you get tackled and 9/10 its a perfect clearance on to their strikers foot.

Its all about pace in UT.

Not a huge fan of fifa this year TBH. Clubs is the only thing I enjoy playing at the moment.

Them sort are the worst. Either that or they ur ****... when their team costs anywhere from twice to five times more than your own team!

I think that's why I've always leaned towards playing bronze matches at least in regards to FIFA 12 when I started playing FUT earlier this year. At least their is a sense of unpredictably in how people play, not just one hoof over the top for the striker to latch on and near always a sweaty goal results from it. Sure there are English pace abusers, but nowhere near the level of gold teams, and as well as that, not many 5 man coward defence set ups neither!

Ive given up on UT already this year.

I could usually cope with the pace whores each year but this year it was really infuriating.

Seems like every match I played was just an LB + Y fest from whoever I was playing also when you are attacking and you get tackled and 9/10 its a perfect clearance on to their strikers foot.

Its all about pace in UT.

Not a huge fan of fifa this year TBH. Clubs is the only thing I enjoy playing at the moment.

Love the trading aspect. But clubs is the only thing keeping me from not trading in the game if I'm honest.

J. Marston wrote: »
    They feed on that.

I know this for sure....little shites.... Brazilian teams....always Brazilian teams...
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Them sort are the worst. Either that or they ur ****... when their team costs anywhere from twice to five times more than your own team!

I think that's why I've always leaned towards playing bronze matches at least in regards to FIFA 12 when I started playing FUT earlier this year. At least their is a sense of unpredictably in how people play, not just one hoof over the top for the striker to latch on and near always a sweaty goal results from it. Sure there are English pace abusers, but nowhere near the level of gold teams, and as well as that, not many 5 man coward defence set ups neither!

Love bronzes and silvers there great craic and trading is savage once you get the hang of it.

Golds are more hassle then there worth methinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Prob be trading this in. Have a few hundred K in UT, but not enjoying it anymore. In division 1, and while I win most games, its just a chore to play, as every game is the same now. The community and most players are horrible. It seems either you win, and you get countless messages of abuse from them, or you loose and its because they hold the ball in defence or get EXTREMELY lucky goals. It looks like the exploits have been found out now.

Its always Ogbonna/Luiz/Mbia in defence nearly every game, the usual suspects up front with the pace, and then its LB + Y for the rest of the game. Or its counter attack to the super fast wingers, cut inside and tramp it.

Why the F*CK cant EA just make it near impossible for defenders and midfielders who arent sneidjer or Xavi, to ping a pass an inch perfect pass from their own box right to the forwards foot? It would stop all this LB + Y crap with super fast forwards. No one ever seems to try a normal through ball anymore, which plagued PES 6 online, as it was OP, but that was 6.Years.Ago. Games have moved on leaps and bounds by then.

Might give PES a try!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Last twenty minutes nearly had me killing something;

No power/accuracy bar for a penalty in a game online @ 0-0, went on to lose.
    Outbid on a player I was going for, 2500, pressed bid @ 2600, game decided to multiply that several times and spunk my entire wallet on it, broke now, not impressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

The best way to win in Fifa 13 is:

1. Set 7 men on defence. 5-2-2-1 with ultra defensive/counter attack tactic works best IMO. Dont forget to have chiellini/ogbonna/david luiz as your CBs. Works best for fifa.

2. When out of possession, Hold down the Sprint button and spam Push&Pull (B button to pull the other players shirt) until you regain possession. Dont worry, the ref never gives a free against you!

3. Now that you've got possession back, spam lobbed through balls on the counter-attack to theo walcott and the ox up front. Maybe through in Eto'o or Welliton up front either. Miccoli works well to with ballotelli, good luck to the opposition getting the ball of those strength behemoths.

4. If you fail to score, follow from step 1 again. Rinse and repeat!

/sarcasm

The High Pressure/Aggression tactic was bad enough in Fifa 12, but this one takes the cake. Horrible, horrible online experience.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Christ almighty, played one more game there before I go to bed, to sleep on it whether to trade in or not. Conceded a 85th winner by my CB getting obstructed running to the ball after a lobbed through ball (surprise surprise) by the originally offside forward. This left him one on one with my keeper to slot it past him. Cue the long celebration and watching all the replays. This happesn far too often IMO

Sold my Brasilvers and bought this team:
    http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#f8SsuWAbnHOZV:ps3

Bit pacey but not one fúck is giving by myself :)
    Absolutely love it!

Scored this cracker with Kroos online as well:
    http://www.ea.com/intl/football/videos/ugc/139901613

Redzer7 wrote: »

Absolutely love it!

Where the fuck is Gundogan!?!?

Absolutely love it!

Where the fuck is Gundogan!?!?

Unfortunately I ran out of coins after getting Huntelaar to warm the bench :( but should have a good few coins to mess around with after my trade pile clears up :) two free packs at 1AM too :D

Unfortunately I ran out of coins after getting Huntelaar to warm the bench :( but should have a good few coins to mess around with after my trade pile clears up :) two free packs at 1AM too :D

Make sure you get him for centre CM and thank me later. He is godly.

By the way, any decent players for sale? Could bid on one or two if the price is right.

By the way, any decent players for sale? Could bid on one or two if the price is right.

Not many players of high value to be honest.
    Brasilver Eninho in 433, think I have him up for 4.9k Buy now which I think is a great price although I haven't checked to see what he's going for.

Around 15 of that bronze Left Back off Charlton :D

Not much else of note really :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

My team at the moment, all BPL right now but looking for David Villa on the right and Navas on the left, probably end up with Mata in the right of CM to replace Gerrard too. Still a long way to go.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#f5aP2drGoOt:360

Just won the Three league Cup on second time of asking.

Scored this peach: http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/139919130

Di Natale is god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Make sure you get him for centre CM and thank me later. He is godly.

i was just guna say the same thing hes savage for me :D

Advertisement