Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

TheStook wrote: »
    Nope, its based off what the scoreline is when someone quits. Unless you quit when you're winning, then the game doesn't count for anyone.

Are you sure? I've been winning plenty of times and lost connection and it counted as a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Redzer7 wrote: »
    In the process of making one 5221.
    Currently have:

GK: Julio Cesar
    LWB: Marcelo
    CB: David Luiz
    CB: Thiago Silva
    CB: Felipe Santana
    RWB: (soon to be Dani Alves)
    CM: Ramires
    CM: (Nobody yet)
    LF: Neymar
    ST: Pato
    RF: Inform Lucas

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Are you sure? I've been winning plenty of times and lost connection and it counted as a loss.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

TheStook wrote: »
    Nope, its based off what the scoreline is when someone quits. Unless you quit when you're winning, then the game doesn't count for anyone.

I was playing in the gold cup semi-final a couple days ago and was losing 2 - 1. The guy got disconnected around the 70th minute. I did not advance to the final (had to play the semi-final again), but the other guy definitely got the loss as he sent me a few unpleasant messages afterwards :pac:

It might seem like the game didn't count because you didn't advance to the next round, but the person who quits or gets disconnected always gets a loss regardless of the scoreline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Frisbee wrote: »

:eek:
    Didn't last long they've been sold already :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Decided instead of buying Pirlo I'd give a shot at putting together a silver team from scratch.
    Since I had just got a 3-4-3 player for Portuguese league decided to go with that and to my surprise players were dirt cheap.
    Bar one CB I paid 10,000 for (his stats were off the roof for that league) and 3.5 for a CM I reckon my team cost me about 15-17k tops.
    And christ I'm banging in the goals..first time ever using 3-4-3 in Fifa and starting to like it :D
    You need to defend pretty good but counter attack fast and good 1-2 passing.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fzU18l4qq0m:360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Blazer wrote: »
    Decided instead of buying Pirlo I'd give a shot at putting together a silver team from scratch.
    Since I had just got a 3-4-3 player for Portuguese league decided to go with that and to my surprise players were dirt cheap.
    Bar one CB I paid 10,000 for (his stats were off the roof for that league) and 3.5 for a CM I reckon my team cost me about 15-17k tops.
    And christ I'm banging in the goals..first time ever using 3-4-3 in Fifa and starting to like it :D
    You need to defend pretty good but counter attack fast and good 1-2 passing.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fzU18l4qq0m:360

Just changed to 3-4-3 myself and Im loving it much more than the others Ive tried. Get caught with jammy goals more than anything else but it allows me to create so many chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Was playing a guy a few days ago with my silver team. I went 2-0 up. He came back and made it 2-2. Started doing all the 'shhhhh' and 'I can't hear you' celebrations.

Final score: 11-2

:)

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Was playing a guy a few days ago with my silver team. I went 2-0 up. He came back and made it 2-2. Started doing all the 'shhhhh' and 'I can't hear you' celebrations.

Final score: 11-2

:)

I love beating those muppets..whatever about losing to a guy who's a better player but you know when you see a guy with Barcelona's/Real Madrid's starting 11 you know 1000% that he's gonna boot the ball constantly over the top and run messi/ronaldo/benzema on it..
    And the same noobs always let the intro's roll on and every bloody replay and goal celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I've been one win off winning Division 1 so many times. I just can't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

1000 coins and........... a PSG jersey... which I have already got twice before being the highlight from my free pack.

HUZZAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

My highlight was Akinfeev. Won Division 2 title and got 10,000 coins. Bought a pack and got Evra and a CDM>CM

Not too shabby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    1000 coins and........... a PSG jersey... which I have already got twice before being the highlight from my free pack.

HUZZAH!

I got Chicarito in my pack this morning,surprised it wasnt Clattenburg in a United shirt though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

I got giovinco in one of mine and that AS Roma in-form Osvaldo in another.

Sold the giovinco and discarded the Osvaldo and used the proceeds to get 3 more premium gold packs.

Got hazard :pac:

Selling him now, thinking of bringing aguero in :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Aha Shake wrote: »
    I got giovinco in one of mine and that AS Roma in-form Osvaldo in another.

Sold the giovinco and discarded the Osvaldo and used the proceeds to get 3 more premium gold packs.

Got hazard :pac:

Selling him now, thinking of bringing aguero in :eek:

See thats just unfiar:P The best player Ive gotten in any pack so far is Ronaldinho and he sold for 5k. This week I ended up quick selling the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Got Joe Cole! Win! :D

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Got Joe Cole! Win! :D

/sarcasm

Name your price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Got 2k coins in mine, meh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My manager has contract +3%, yet it doesn't effect the contracts when I give them to players??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

My manager has contract +3%, yet it doesn't effect the contracts when I give them to players??

You need more than one manager. 3% of any of the highest contract which I believe is 24, is only 0.72.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay really getting frustrated with this game, Ive got about 10 players in my trade pile, all expired and it still says theyre in Current Auctions. Then Ive won another 5 and they're stuck in the watch list. Really needs to be patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Okay really getting frustrated with this game, Ive got about 10 players in my trade pile, all expired and it still says theyre in Current Auctions. Then Ive won another 5 and they're stuck in the watch list. Really needs to be patched.

You think thats bad? I have 19 selling that have expired and another 76 that ive won that are just sitting there. Its very frustrating but it usually comes round. Just sitting it cos theres so many and ill have lost an amount of coins if they dissappear.

On a good note, I won the Gold Cup for the first time and pulled that pacey Welliton fella in my free pack. Extra sweet and I am definately putting the win down to my new formation. Was beating him 3/4 nil when he quite in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Finally got something good in my free pack this morning.

Higuain 433 best pack ever for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone else find the division gets harder the closer your points total gets towards promotion / title ? :(

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone else find the division gets harder the closer your points total gets towards promotion / title ? :(

tell me about it..I needed 2 points to win the title and was playing a guy with inferior team to me by about 3-5 points.
    He hammered me 8-1 or somthing like that. He was telling me afterwards that was his first win in the division out of 4-5 matches after being hammered in previous games...all his players had messi like control and all my donkeys got TitleBrambilitis
    sometimes I just want to grab an EA developer and repeatably bounce his head off a wall while screaming "did ye even test this bloody game".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Okay, fúck this, scripting or some form game altering shít is real.

A guy plays a through ball through the middle, it looks like my defender will get the ball no problem. But no, instead he slides for it knocking it into the path of my midfielder who automatically slides for it also knocking it into space between my two central defenders. Instead of running for the ball, they spread apart like the red sea just inviting the opposing striker for a free shot on goal which he scores.

Absolute fúcking joke.

Opened a pack. Got 3-4-3 Pedro, meh. Got 8K out of it at least.

Anyway. Is it me or does 4-5-1 feels different this year. In the sense that CM no matter what tactic or player you use, in my case it's a CDM > CM Song (was using De Marcos before and he was loco) just wants to push forward at any given opportunity. I just want one midfielder sitting, surely that is not asking much.. but of course it is with EA :-/

I'm ruling out ultra defensive, as it's not a tactic I particularly use much in the grand scheme of things. More certainly not from the beginning like the majority of tools playing the game do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Opened a pack. Got 3-4-3 Pedro, meh. Got 8K out of it at least.

Anyway. Is it me or does 4-5-1 feels different this year. In the sense that CM no matter what tactic or player you use, in my case it's a CDM > CM Song (was using De Marcos before and he was loco) just wants to push forward at any given opportunity. I just want one midfielder sitting, surely that is not asking much.. but of course it is with EA :-/

I'm ruling out ultra defensive, as it's not a tactic I particularly use much in the grand scheme of things. More certainly not from the beginning like the majority of tools playing the game do!

i play 4-5-1 and the vast majority of the time my goals come from my cm :) not that im complaining :D

i play 4-5-1 and the vast majority of the time my goals come from my cm :) not that im complaining :D

Ah yeah, De Marcos popped up with a fair few for me. Song so far hasn't in the few games he's played. While I'm a best form of defence is attack guy, tis a tad worrying when a team counters and there isn't anyone in midfield at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ah yeah, De Marcos popped up with a fair few for me. Song so far hasn't in the few games he's played. While I'm a best form of defence is attack guy, tis a tad worrying when a team counters and there isn't anyone in midfield at all.

yeah it can work both ways i find if you mess up your attack up then your left wide open at the back but if theymess up their attack then their basically screwed :P

Advertisement