Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok, have started building my squad in my break between letures. Gone for a 4-3-3 Barclays PL non-shiney team. Max price for the moment is 600, this is purely because I won't have more money to spend. Putting up every gold, silver and bronze player I have, only sold 2 players since last night, perhaps I'm being a bit ambitious with prices but I'm hoping there are noobs are general idiots on the web app. Got 1000 coins as my daily gift today which I was delighted with. So far have bought:

GK - Anders Lindegaard - 550
    RB - Reither from Fulham - 400
    CM - Darren Gibson - 550
    ST - Steven Fletcher - 550

Have about 400 coins left, hopefully people are looking for dirt cheap bronze players to build a squad with so I can get more coins. Absolutely hooked already.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I did as bad as anyone.

Van Buyten 78(Pace 29)
    Lulic 80(Lazio)

The rest aren't even worth mentioning tbh.

Okay, you... errr... win. At least I was happy with Isco initially till I read this place

Found out that one of my mates got Falcao and the other got Narsingh who will sell for a bit with his 94 pace and being Dutch. The guy who got Falcao has played a grand total of 2 FUT matches since FIFA 11.

I know you put in a lot of hours into FUT 12 like myself, albeit I wasn't from playing from the beginning. Nonetheless, it should be the more hours you put in the more likely you get better players somehow.

Yes, I'm quite bitter over this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Prob not. The web app has switched to 13 so I wouldn't bet on being able to reverse it with 12. Might have to do some password reset online with your email.

I did as bad as anyone.

Van Buyten 78(Pace 29)
    Lulic 80(Lazio)

The rest aren't even worth mentioning tbh.

I have to wait til fifa 13 in released to get access on the 28th! Pile of ****

I locked myself out of the web app trying to remember my security question answer :o

Have to wait now for the game to come out to start up my team :(

I locked myself out of the web app trying to remember my security question answer :o

Have to wait now for the game to come out to start up my team :(

Get in a live chat with someone on the EA Support site. I did the same last year and were emailing them and they kept saying it would sort itself out after time. After about 6 or 7 months I tried the support chat and got a very helpful Indian man who unlocked it for me.

• Advertisement

-Ade- wrote: »
    Okay, you... errr... win. At least I was happy with Isco initially till I read this place

Found out that one of my mates got Falcao and the other got Narsingh who will sell for a bit with his 94 pace and being Dutch. The guy who got Falcao has played a grand total of 2 FUT matches since FIFA 11.

I know you put in a lot of hours into FUT 12 like myself, albeit I wasn't from playing from the beginning. Nonetheless, it should be the more hours you put in the more likely you get better players somehow.

Yes, I'm quite bitter over this :pac:

I honestly think the players you get is effected by how much you play/win at the game.

I'd around 1000 games played last year from March on(I only started then as well but traded formations solidly from around June which is what brought my squads from average to great).
    I opened plenty of packs never getting anyone better than Marcelo from what I remember.

I've switched my PSN from NHL 13 on, so will be on a new account for FIFA13.
    Wouldn't be surprised if I started pulling good players out of packs when I start with that on launch.
    I'll trade over anything I gain from my current club giving me a tiny boost as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Picked up a few players. I have a keeper and back four now at least:

Shay Given - 600
    Jose Bosingwa - 550
    Wes Brown - 400
    Jonny Evans - Pack
    Fabio Da Silva - 500
    Ji-Sung Park - 450
    Louis Saha - 450

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Get in a live chat with someone on the EA Support site. I did the same last year and were emailing them and they kept saying it would sort itself out after time. After about 6 or 7 months I tried the support chat and got a very helpful Indian man who unlocked it for me.

i did that and there is no fix at the minute, hopefully before the release. Annoying

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I honestly think the players you get is effected by how much you play/win at the game.

I'd around 1000 games played last year from March on(I only started then as well but traded formations solidly from around June which is what brought my squads from average to great).
    I opened plenty of packs never getting anyone better than Marcelo from what I remember.

I've switched my PSN from NHL 13 on, so will be on a new account for FIFA13.
    Wouldn't be surprised if I started pulling good players out of packs when I start with that on launch.
    I'll trade over anything I gain from my current club giving me a tiny boost as well.

That reminds me of my other account I used towards the end that I should open my packs for.

Whatever the case, be it the amount of games played that I suggested or win/loss ratio coupled with total games like you suggested, either would work for me. While I only played over half of the amount of games as yourself, my W/L was very good.

As is evident, tis a tad annoying people who have barely if at all played the game have come up trumps and are set more or less. Especially those that just make the one, maybe two teams at a push. I think I made 12 teams all together from February when I had started (though EA begs to differ, as I certainly do not remember setting up a FUT profile in Oct '11).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i have to wait til fifa 13
    cause i forgot the answer to me security question
    and my fifa12 game is broke so i cant get on it to change it haha
    brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My security question was - ''Where was your mother born'' and they said I got it wrong.

I think I know the f**king answer to that, EA. :mad:

On my other account I got a mini silver back with crappy silvers as my returning gift, and today I got 250 coins.

That reminds me of my other account I used towards the end that I should open my packs for.

Whatever the case, be it the amount of games played that I suggested or win/loss ratio coupled with total games like you suggested, either would work for me. While I only played over half of the amount of games as yourself, my W/L was very good.

As is evident, tis a tad annoying people who have barely if at all played the game have come up trumps and are set more or less. Especially those that just make the one, maybe two teams at a push. I think I made 12 teams all together from February when I had started (though EA begs to differ, as I certainly do not remember setting up a FUT profile in Oct '11).

Ya for some reason it says I'm an UT founder though 12 was the first year I played :confused:

I rarely see any other founders which makes it even stranger.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    My security question was - ''Where was your mother born'' and they said I got it wrong.

I think I know the f**king answer to that, EA. :mad:

On my other account I got a mini silver back with crappy silvers as my returning gift, and today I got 250 coins.

ha it asked me what my sisters name was.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought Berbatov for 1300, probably a bit overpriced but it's Berbatov!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

So is everyone just putting up their bronze players for sale and stuff? This is my first time trying trading in UT from the very beginning! I always kinda played UT a few months after I bought Fifa.

Also for those with the season ticket, when you buy it is Fifa available to download straight away but it won't be active until the 22nd or do you have to download it on the 22nd? It'd be handy to be able to have it downloaded and then just activate it or something on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Heres the first Team of the week lads: http://twitpic.com/awa3pp

Doing alright so far. have 3k and a couple of Jarvis' to sell.

And only one player in my Prem 4-2-3-1 team which is Ruiz. Hoping to get a Dembele on the cheap soon enough.

Also waiting for the market to settle to sell my Cicinho, thought I'd get at least 50k but looking like 15k, I'll still take that though!

Moiph wrote: »
    So is everyone just putting up their bronze players for sale and stuff? This is my first time trying trading in UT from the very beginning! I always kinda played UT a few months after I bought Fifa.

Also for those with the season ticket, when you buy it is Fifa available to download straight away but it won't be active until the 22nd or do you have to download it on the 22nd? It'd be handy to be able to have it downloaded and then just activate it or something on Saturday.

I believe you can only download it on the 22nd although you're idea is makes so much more sense.

That 2/3 hour wait is gonna kill me!

There was a YouTuber who tested that theory out, uploaded videos of him making a new account and opening packs. I think he concluded that it didn't make a difference. I think it was Sam5000.
    TheStook wrote: »
    I believe you can only download it on the 22nd although you're idea is makes so much more sense.

That 2/3 hour wait is gonna kill me!

You have no idea how lucky you are. 20/30 hours for me.

You have no idea how lucky you are. 20/30 hours for me.

Around what size download would you say the fifa 13 early release will be?

I downloaded the Madden 13 demo the other day which was 1.82 GB and it took around 45 mins to download so just trying to get a good idea to how long this would take.

I've never downloaded it before so I assumed it was 2/3 hours. The demo was 1gb or so and I think I seen that this is no more that 5gb.
    The demo took me like 45 mins.

If I just let it download Friday night(Assuming its out on Friday night) It should be ready Saturday morning.

Saturday the 22nd of September will be my most unproductive day of the year, or productive depending on how you look at it ;)

• Advertisement

I've never downloaded it before so I assumed it was 2/3 hours. The demo was 1gb or so and I think I seen that this is no more that 5gb.
    The demo took me like 45 mins.

If I just let it download Friday night(Assuming its out on Friday night) It should be ready Saturday morning.

Saturday the 22nd of September will be my most unproductive day of the year, or productive depending on how you look at it ;)

Don't think its released till 5 PM on Saturday.

Around what size download would you say the fifa 13 early release will be?

I downloaded the Madden 13 demo the other day which was 1.82 GB and it took around 45 mins to download so just trying to get a good idea to how long this would take.

Judging by the Madden and NHL early releases I downloaded it should be between 5 and 6 GB.

Oh really? Daaayum.

So I got back into the web app and picked up Dawson for 450 and S.Taylor for 400. I have the bones of a really good non-shiney PL side. Unfortunately I've had a look at potential players I can get with a bit more coins and it seems the only option for a non-shiney LW in the Prem is Malouda :( Victor Moses and Stuart Downing at the only options for RW as well which is quite disappointing. Might have to sell everyone and try a different formation to 4-3-3.

So I got back into the web app and picked up Dawson for 450 and S.Taylor for 400. I have the bones of a really good non-shiney PL side. Unfortunately I've had a look at potential players I can get with a bit more coins and it seems the only option for a non-shiney LW in the Prem is Malouda :( Victor Moses and Stuart Downing at the only options for RW as well which is quite disappointing. Might have to sell everyone and try a different formation to 4-3-3.

Are there any Lm's you want that you could turn into a Lw?
    Moses looks good aswell.

Are there any Lm's you want that you could turn into a Lw?
    Moses looks good aswell.

Yeah I suppose that's my best option. Jonas was the only LM I remember seeing. Would be happy enough with Moses if I could get him cheap. Although if it's like last year a LM>LW card will cost a few thousand.

I did notice that one of the bronze players I got in a pack, Westcarr, has 88 pace and one just sold for 4500 coins, I've thrown mine up for 4200, would be delighted with that.

Yeah I suppose that's my best option. Jonas was the only LM I remember seeing. Would be happy enough with Moses if I could get him cheap. Although if it's like last year a LM>LW card will cost a few thousand.

I did notice that one of the bronze players I got in a pack, Westcarr, has 88 pace and one just sold for 4500 coins, I've thrown mine up for 4200, would be delighted with that.

Yeah Gutierrez would be a quality Lw, he has all high workrates I believe..Moses goes for less that 1k doesnt he? Fecking WebApp is acting dodgy AGAIN..

I was randomly flicking through Pro League centre backs and I noticed that one Shiny Silver Dutch centre back(Donk) cost an awful lot, around 7k, and as soon as I reached the 59th minute one pops up for 1.5k, Sound. Sad think is that one trade will make me more money that 3/4 hours of normal trading would.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone said on Redcafe (Man United forum) that Ultimate Team has been hacked and people are getting free packs. Anyone hear anything about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

J. Marston wrote: »
    Someone said on Redcafe (Man United forum) said that Ultimate Team has been hacked and people are getting free packs. Anyone hear anything about that?

Yep, people are getting "free" packs. They get negative coins, but can still keep buying packs.

The whole market in the web app has been taken offline. They might end up resetting the whole thing. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes a long time for this to be sorted.

Same old EA, always making a balls of things first time around.

• Advertisement

I suppose the only way to find out would be to check what time Madden and NHL launched in Europe with the pass.

The best I can find googling all three is:

Europe (PSN)- Sunday, Sept 16th at 6:00am CET... that's for NHL 13.

With the Americans getting FIFA at 6pm on the Friday, and the time difference between the two, it's possible they could be launched near enough the same time(so we could see it at 12).

The American launch for NHL was 4 days earlier though, so there's no precedent on how they'll release it compared that.

It would be in their best interests to launch it at 12.... more people will impulse buy for the weekend.

Advertisement