Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I am fûcking done with Fifa. If you try and play the game you get sanctioned for it. Abusers and button smashers rule Fifa..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Want to buy Podolski and Gerrard and I think I'm done, apart from changing De Gea, but the goalies in the PL are mad expensive.

Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I've giving up on UT, gets way to frustrating :) gave my team away and I'm going back to head to head seasons :) much more rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Had 30k spare so decided to make an Irish silver team, has shaped up quite nicely :)

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gxNMOSnWnHVZ3:ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I've giving up on UT, gets way to frustrating :) gave my team away and I'm going back to head to head seasons :) much more rewarding.

I would bet on it that youll be back! Theres just something about the game mode that so good. More addicting than any other mode but equally frustrating. Lets just say youre on an extended break.

Trying to stay up in Div 1 and its started well as I needed 10 points from 5 games and Ive got the first win now so only another 7 points.

Anyone up for a game on UT?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Needed 2 points from my final game in Division 2 to win the title. Came up against a Dortmund team with Farfan and Neuer. So I messaged him before the game, saying nice team, but one too many Schalke players ;-). He replied -

358tcoo.jpg

So all was good between us or so it seemed. It was my first game of the day so was a tad rusty as I usually am, that plus my cousin was watching something on Youtube for near the first 50 odd mins meant I was lagging bad at times. Throw in his ultra defensive, skill obsessed countering self and his very strong team against my quite average La Liga side, well **** hit the fan. Couldn't break him down, he went 2-0 up and I hadn't had a single shot on target! Hard breaking someone like that down when you're lagging. 53/54 mins, I stopped lagging -

mw7f5x.jpg

2cnfp5f.jpg

Commence rage -

anm1vt.jpg

I told him I got an IF Rooney from a pack with the coins I won just to further annoy him :)

Contrary to what happens with most ultimate team games, I actually had someone congratulate me on my extremely lucky win. Was losing 3-2 going in the added time where there was 5+ min. Scored one scrappy goalmouth panic for 3-3 and with what was the final kick of the game followed in a rebound which i managed to squeeze in at the near post. I expected the worst but to my great surprise all I got was a simple messege of "good game". Needless to say Ive added him so that we can play again.

I'm done with this mode for a while.

Have to say I'm hating it this year.
    Playing a ground passing game versus a lofted through ball spammer is a lost cause with the changes to the first touch.
    There's next to no penalty for controlling a 60 yard pass over the shoulder(we'll just forget about the ridic accuracy of said passes with even a CB) while you have to contend with your players jumping over the ball(happens about 1:5 times) among other things.

Crossing has also been destroyed, too often your player does a diving header or something stupid when playing behind the defender so most lads are playing 3:5:2 or 5:3:2 and having great success packing the box with the same couple of fast defenders and then spamming lofted balls from there.
    To counter these players last year I'd have crossed more(against 3 at the back) and take long shots with 5 at the back, but there's too much of a touch penalty in a crowded last 3rd.

Going to leave it until I can fill my teams with Agueros and Felipe Santana's.

There's also the added problem where your wing backs won't stay in the back 4 when switching to Defensive. I used to use this last year to help with the counter attacks but the wing backs seem to just go forward either way. By playing 3 or 5 at the back they're always leaving themselves with 3 centre's though to counter act that so I might even switch to one of those formations when I finish building proper teams.

TBH though my gameplay complaints are restricted to Ultimate Team, I'm finding the H2H far less cheap since they'll never find a club team with all the components to build a kick and chase team.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Want to buy Podolski and Gerrard and I think I'm done, apart from changing De Gea, but the goalies in the PL are mad expensive.

Link.

I'm looking to offload Gerrard he's up for sale at the moment 19k, 4-2-2-2, 29 contracts and V high morale. Buy now price 19,250

EDIT - He sold for 19,250

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Anyone else see these new 'One Extra Card' packs? EA really are desperate to sell more packs, first the crazy TOTW and now this:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

EA Please change 'National Qualification Cup' name to 'Sweaty English Bronzes Cup' Cheers.

****ing load of shite.

My Ozzie bronze backline are slow and useless and I am struggling against these 1-2 then lob ball to 90 pace striker......

donmeister wrote: »
    EA Please change 'National Qualification Cup' name to 'Sweaty English Bronzes Cup' Cheers.

****ing load of shite.

My Ozzie bronze backline are slow and useless and I am struggling against these 1-2 then lob ball to 90 pace striker......

I decided not to even bother with it for the first few days for the above reason. Them or an American side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

thats im done with ut now. sick to death of meeting brailian sides drives me insane giving this mode a break for a while ac3 and nfs out this week i shall be getting them

Anyone got predictions on the TOTW? Rvp could be there but I have a feeling they'll include the little Mexican instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Anyone got predictions on the TOTW? Rvp could be there but I have a feeling they'll include the little Mexican instead.

Chicharito had basically one touch in the entire quarter he played, which was an illegitimate goal.

I'm sure somewhere in the entire world a couple of strikers contributed more than that.

From a very angry Chelsea fan btw.

TheStook wrote: »
    Chicharito had basically one touch in the entire quarter he played, which was an illegitimate goal.

I'm sure somewhere in the entire world a couple of strikers contributed more than that.

From a very angry Chelsea fan btw.

I understand that, but you know ea and their ways, has to be a premier league player there and he did win the game.

Dont worry, this is from and even angrier Liverpool fan

ah but he played well wednesday

this is from an ecstatic man u fan

Hernandez getting one won't surprise me knowing them shower of..

IMO, Higuain is a near cert. I'd say we'll have a Leverkusen player in there this week too, possibly Subotić and Szalai from the Bundesliga POV too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

I just bought my first gold pack and got robbed blind I think. A couple of mince 450 coins 75 rated players, 3 contract worth just over 1k, a galatasaray strip and "rare" 4321 and 3421 formation modifiers.

A few thousand coins worth of stuff for 7500 coins! Im gutted. Last pack I will EVER buy.

I also got robbed off 1000 coins for beating the team of the week on ultimate skill level. I took photo of my winning screen showing I got zero coins! Anyway to get the coins from EA?

I just bought my first gold pack and got robbed blind I think. A couple of mince 450 coins 75 rated players, 3 contract worth just over 1k, a galatasaray strip and "rare" 4321 and 3421 formation modifiers.

A few thousand coins worth of stuff for 7500 coins! Im gutted. Last pack I will EVER buy.

I also got robbed off 1000 coins for beating the team of the week on ultimate skill level. I took photo of my winning screen showing I got zero coins! Anyway to get the coins from EA?

Ive tried getting lost coins from them and its been about a week since i contacted them and nothing so its really a losing batttle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

This is my first year to play UT and i have to say its very addictive. Im in Div 2 and won my first match so hoping for promotion to D1 :), ive read some of your comments about the handicap and ive only really come across one match like that. I was playing against a BPL team with a unbelievable Torres up front, your man put 4 past me in the first 20 mins!

I have a Bundesliga team, its way more cheaper than a BPL one. Ive seen the likes of Gotze/Muller go for around 3-4K which is a bargain. Im sure most people with a German team have signed Keisling up front, i think he's brilliant. Along with another lad called Essenwein CF pace 90

I had a Irish team for the craic, but they werent the best. Bad at the back and CM, with Long been the only really decent ST

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Web app down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just tried to use the iPhone App and it won't connect so could be a server issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

It's down in game as well

there doing maintenance saw it on facebook last nite should be up in few hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Web app back up anyway.

Do we know what they were updating?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mobile App up and running too

tok9 wrote: »
    Web app back up anyway.

Possibly TOTW, hardly gonna be the patches that need fixing anyway:rolleyes:

tok9 wrote: »
    Web app back up anyway.

it said on twitter that its something to do with the founder date issue. Ive heard of it before although not really sure what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Web App down for anyone else?

Advertisement