Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

joe123 wrote: »
    Give me a link from an official source that says that.
    Load of nonsense that to be honest. EA games have improved huge amounts the last few years. They aren't perfect but to be fair, since FIFA 09 the FIFA series has been pretty damn good.

Dont buy their stuff if you hate them so much. But you will, so they are obviously doing something right.

Cant find an official source but its well known 6pm Wednesday-6pm Wednesday normal cards pf inform players are out of packs, im not making it up like :confused:

EA make great games, for sure but its their customer service that are a shambles. That is all, no more, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anyone who calls EA c***s or who ends up hating the game should just trade it in and stop buying. Only one way to teach businesses and that's by voting with your wallet.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Load of nonsense that to be honest. EA games have improved huge amounts the last few years. They aren't perfect but to be fair, since FIFA 09 the FIFA series has been pretty damn good.

Dont buy their stuff if you hate them so much. But you will, so they are obviously doing something right.

Its not a load of nonsense, not at all.

I'm a massive football fan and also a massive gaming fan. Add two and two together and I enjoy playing football games on my console. So of course I'm gonna buy their game, and I'm entitled to complain about it.

EA pretty much run a Monopoly in terms of console football, because its a whole lot better that PES, which means absolutely nothing. Year after year, their servers continue to let us down and they don't care because like you said, we continue to buy it year after year.

And I'm going to continue to buy it year after year, until Pes finally up their game or a new developer makes a game, and if the game has faults, I'm gonna continue to complain, as I'm entitled to.

I'm talking strictly Fifa Btw, Battlefield and other games are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

has possibly met the biggest pace houre yet an all out brazilan team with f**king welliton AND eto up front every celebration done to death and replay. you people make me wanna hunt you do and kill you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

TheStook wrote: »
    Its not a load of nonsense, not at all.

I'm a massive football fan and also a massive gaming fan. Add two and two together and I enjoy playing football games on my console. So of course I'm gonna buy their game, and I'm entitled to complain about it.

EA pretty much run a Monopoly in terms of console football, because its a whole lot better that PES, which means absolutely nothing. Year after year, their servers continue to let us down and they don't care because like you said, we continue to buy it year after year.

And I'm going to continue to buy it year after year, until Pes finally up their game or a new developer makes a game, and if the game has faults, I'm gonna continue to complain, as I'm entitled to.

I'm talking strictly Fifa Btw, Battlefield and other games are amazing.

NO!

If A game has faults, yes - complain. If year-in, year-out, you buy despite knowing what you're getting into, then that logic is ridiculous.

We all hope that things will be fixed, and yes I have my own gripes, but there are options - save €50 by not buying it, play an old version (or old Pro Evo) that's good, play Sensible Soccer.

They have a monopoly because people continue to buy. Meaning they can buy licenses (which means that Pro Evo can't - which appears to be a massive problem for some).

Pro Evo 2013 is decent and if Konami continues to improve then EA is in trouble next year. However it won't be if people continue to bend over and just take whatever EA has to offer. Why would they care when they're breaking records and raking in money (along with the extra cash from Ultimate Team)?

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Honestly astounded with what I've read on the last page but anyway, I'll sidestep that discussion!

Anyway, haven't played any FIFA or traded whatsoever since last Wednesday. Was bored this morning but I remembered my free pack. Got a 352 Ayew, so that pushed me into finally making that 3-5-2 Ligue 1/French hybrid in around an hour. It doesn't contain Nasri, Lloris, Benzema, Kosc, etc but sure it'll work. I can easily afford them and I was half tempted by a 35K Nasri, but in the end wasn't overly fussed. If I like the formation then maybe I'll pick up Ibra, Lavezzi, Nasri and Thiago Silva further down the line.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gOmR0RREnH1av:ps3

Reckon this will be last gold team. Might make one more bronze team so I have two bronze, silver and gold teams. Can't be bothered sticking to one team like so many do. Find it dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

I bought Ultimate edition weeks ago but only really got time to play two weeks ago, I havent received my bonus packs, I entered the online pass, I thought that was enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

There are 2 codes you need to enter

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

miralize wrote: »
    There are 2 codes you need to enter

How or where is second code added?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Lojak wrote: »

How or where is second code added?

Redeem on the PS Store/ XBL Marketplace/ Origin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Alright lads,

What formation would you reckon is best to play. I have played 4 4 2, and now 4 3 3, but im shipping in goals. Had a match last night that finished 6-6!

I was thinking of doing 4 5 1 so i would control the midfield.

Let me know please cause i dont want another match ending 6-6 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Alright lads,

What formation would you reckon is best to play. I have played 4 4 2, and now 4 3 3, but im shipping in goals. Had a match last night that finished 6-6!

I was thinking of doing 4 5 1 so i would control the midfield.

Let me know please cause i dont want another match ending 6-6 ;)

4-5-1 is actually pretty open. I play it and even if I put a player with HIGH Defensive/LOW Attacking workrate into the CM spot I still find they end up committing way too far up the pitch and leaving you vulnerable to counters, which of course is the main tactic of every 3-5-2 Brazilian díckhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

donmeister wrote: »
    EA make great games, for sure but its their customer service that are a shambles. That is all, no more, no less.

Just so happens that they have the worst customers in the world as well.

I know I wouldn't be arsed if I logged on to see a million 14 year old ADD kids threatening me on the internet because they conceded a lofted through ball. The community on FIFA is probably the worst in any game and has been for years. A bunch of spoiled brats who demand things they know nothing about. I guarantee you there is a team working to fix every issue they can right now, put instead of getting information about the bugs, they get "OMG EA FIX UR GAME IT BROKE. I HATE U EA!" on message boards. I know there are people who do report the bugs like normal people, but the term needle in a haystack comes to mind. Must be great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just so happens that they have the worst customers in the world as well.

I know I wouldn't be arsed if I logged on to see a million 14 year old ADD kids threatening me on the internet because they conceded a lofted through ball. The community on FIFA is probably the worst in any game and has been for years. A bunch of spoiled brats who demand things they know nothing about. I guarantee you there is a team working to fix every issue they can right now, put instead of getting information about the bugs, they get "OMG EA FIX UR GAME IT BROKE. I HATE U EA!" on message boards. I know there are people who do report the bugs like normal people, but the term needle in a haystack comes to mind. Must be great craic.

Exactly. One of the main things thats wrong with FIFA is the community. People dont need to watch every replay, abuse lobbed through balls, fill their teams with pace only. But they do.

I dont think two games go by anymore where il have some lad sending abuse or watching every replay etc etc.

We all know the game is far from perfect, but stop spending 50 quid on it year in year out. If EA saw the sales were dropping they would act on improving other features.

FIFA 13 was the best selling FIFA game to date.

And to the guy on about the packs. You can still get normal players even if there is an inform out that week. Until you can give me an official quote there is nothing to suggest otherwise seeing as its been like this since In forms were released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

And to the guy on about the packs. You can still get normal players even if there is an inform out that week. Until you can give me an official quote there is nothing to suggest otherwise seeing as its been like this since In forms were released.

The other guy's right. Only one version of a player should be in packs at any one time, so if an IF of a player is in packs that week, then it shouldn't be possible to get the normal version of said player. But it's no secret that this game is far from perfect so people do get the normal version the odd time.

jamescd wrote: »
    The other guy's right. Only one version of a player should be in packs at any one time, so if an IF of a player is in packs that week, then it shouldn't be possible to get the normal version of said player. But it's no secret that this game is far from perfect so people do get the normal version the odd time.

I still think you are wrong. Il try and find out but I think its just what people are assuming as opposed to actually being told from an official source. Ive got normal versions of players all the time even if there is an inform available that week. Been this way since FIFA 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

have 40,000 coins and im looking for a 442 striker or LM for my premiership team ! currently have Gervinho on the left and looking for someone to replace adeyboyor up front ! thinking of torres or tevez ! any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I still think you are wrong. Il try and find out but I think its just what people are assuming as opposed to actually being told from an official source. Ive got normal versions of players all the time even if there is an inform available that week. Been this way since FIFA 11.

He isn't wrong though. It was tweeted and/or posted by one of the EA community guys. I saw the link to it on/from a thread on the EA "community" forum months & months ago. It's going to be very very obscure at this stage.

Presumably this is what donmeister was referencing and that's why people generally believe this (and why it is referenced in some of the "How to make coins" guides). If you don't believe him that's fair enough, best of luck trying to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Shylock16 wrote: »
    have 40,000 coins and im looking for a 442 striker or LM for my premiership team ! currently have Gervinho on the left and looking for someone to replace adeyboyor up front ! thinking of torres or tevez ! any suggestions ?

Perhaps a level below what you were expecting to be suggested, but Demba Ba is absolutely fantastic. Massively strong, pretty fast, good shot and absolutely dominant in the air.

He is like an upgraded version of Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Nah EA were compensating people for it in January when the FIFA 12 Team of the Year was released. With the huge amount of people opening packs, people getting normal versions instead of the TOTY version was common enough. The EA forums was flooded with complaints and there were some getting compensated i.e. their normal cards were changed into TOTY cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the TOTW out tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is the TOTW out tomorrow?

Yes, 6pm, announcement of TOTW players at 3pm by EA on Facebook, Twitter and their forums. Expect to see Inform Neymar, he will be 1 millions+ in the first hour of release.

just got the 85million trophy. thats me done with ut for a good while now too annoyed with the game mood :(

just got the 85million trophy. thats me done with ut for a good while now too annoyed with the game mood :(

Damn you. 51m and rising.

How did you do it? Bronze packing?

I can't wait to get it and discard all of my non-rare golds and silvers and a good few shinys. I've a lot of shiny bronze english players also that should bank me a bit more cash.

I actually opened a bronze pack earlier and only got 3 things that I didnt already have, shocking haha.

Damn you. 51m and rising.

How did you do it? Bronze packing?

I can't wait to get it and discard all of my non-rare golds and silvers and a good few shinys. I've a lot of shiny bronze english players also that should bank me a bit more cash.

I actually opened a bronze pack earlier and only got 3 things that I didnt already have, shocking haha.

nah it was mostly wasting everything on gold packs i got lucky in few of them getting high priced players which i sold again. for last 10mill i just brought rare silvers for 200 or 250 there worth between 100k and 200k value :)

nah it was mostly wasting everything on gold packs i got lucky in few of them getting high priced players which i sold again. for last 10mill i just brought rare silvers for 200 or 250 there worth between 100k and 200k value :)

Ah, I'm just buying any gold players for 300 coins, I'll discard them eventually. Might do the rare silver thingy but a but more time consuming

Ah, I'm just buying any gold players for 300 coins, I'll discard them eventually. Might do the rare silver thingy but a but more time consuming

the rare silvers are worth more aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just decided to open 1 pack dere havnt played ut in a week or so and got Rooney 4-3-3 and a 4-4-2 formation def best pack I got maybe luck changing

Fair enough on the pack thing so. I got a good few normal versions during totw,il get back to ye if i find anything concrete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does anyone still have things stuck in their trade pile? A Muniain card that I sold around two weeks ago is still and a Dzudusak card in their with a few days. A little annoying.

Advertisement