Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

368a17b89ba00e3129cc0915d783cca8.png

Ahhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Ultra defensive.
    Counter.
    L1 + triangle.
    Sweaty goals.
    Refusing to press x during pre-match, replays or post-match.

I love Ultimate Team!

Yawn.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ultra defensive.
    Counter.
    L1 + triangle.
    Sweaty goals.
    Refusing to press x during pre-match, replays or post-match.

I love Ultimate Team!

I couldn't wait for ultimate team this year but gave up on it after around 3 weeks because of the the problems you listed. Shame

I couldn't wait for ultimate team this year but gave up on it after around 3 weeks because of the the problems you listed. Shame

My record is 117-4-26 (dozen or so matches were offline admittedly.. and some were losses on legendary :o) Honestly do not consider myself a great player, most certainly I'am not anything near as strong as I was last year. My point is that it's not about being good or bad at the game. I just cannot stand it and take little to no joy in winning.

Maybe it was the same last year with all the cretins playing in the first few months before leaving. After all, I started in February myself. But for 9 out of 10 games, I enjoyed playing.

It's tiring having to concentrate nearly every game, even in a first round of a bronze cup to Division 1 due to all these teams who play the exact same way ie: play the mechanics of the game, not football as such.

Even Pro Club is boring this year which was the only reason before this year I bought FIFA.

I don't understand the need to get rid of single matches. At the very least, you go mess around in there with crazy hybrids or whatever and not have to worry all too much.

For the one week I was away playing Assassin's Creed III, not one bit of stress. That's including multiplayer. Handful of games of this however...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

My record is 117-4-26 (dozen or so matches were offline admittedly.. and some were losses on legendary :o) Honestly do not consider myself a great player, most certainly I'am not anything near as strong as I was last year. My point is that it's not about being good or bad at the game. I just cannot stand it and take little to no joy in winning.

Maybe it was the same last year with all the cretins playing in the first few months before leaving. After all, I started in February myself. But for 9 out of 10 games, I enjoyed playing.

It's tiring having to concentrate nearly every game, even in a first round of a bronze cup to Division 1 due to all these teams who play the exact same way ie: play the mechanics of the game, not football as such.

Even Pro Club is boring this year which was the only reason before this year I bought FIFA.

I don't understand the need to get rid of single matches. At the very least, you go mess around in there with crazy hybrids or whatever and not have to worry all too much.

For the one week I was away playing Assassin's Creed III, not one bit of stress. That's including multiplayer. Handful of games of this however...

Couldn't agree more mate. When I'm playing ultimate team it reminds me of playing COD with no party and getting pooed over by continuous kill streaks and you can't do **** all.

Had to win my last game to win division 1 just there and lost it to the most ridiculous goal ever. My keeper was being sat on by my defender after a save and it rebounds straight up to his Busquets for a tap in of a header.

Starting to upgrade my team now just bought in Alonso and Modric. Vela and Adrian are monsters in the game, but I'll have to get Benzema and Falcao soon although I can't see the latter being too effective.

Had Llorente and my word he never scores a header unless it's a an easy cross across the goal with nobody on him to tap him in which any player can do. Basically pace again is way too overpowered again.

Ultra defensive is a load of balls for the duration of a game I understand it for the last 10 mins or so, but people who do it with the usual suspects up front is a joke Pato, Doumbia, Eto'o Wellngton etc :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

these teams who play the exact same way ie: play the mechanics of the game, not football as such.
    This exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

You might say that its stressful and that people dont play in the spirit of the game but you keep coming back and you keep wanting to play because the satisfaction of winning by playing the right way is so much better. I think the feeling of winning in this game is better than any other multiplayer.

I heavily agree that pace is very overpowered and without a fast team youll struggle to get a foothold in any game.

Ive started to play 3-4-3 as you can let them get as many crosses as they want and break down the wing as long as you have centre backs that can defend in the middle. I was playing a few different formations before and they were not playing in any manner close to how I wanted to play football but now I can attack out wide or through the middle or pull it back. It really is playing football well against the teams who are only looking for the win and to see every single replay and every single celebration.

The one thing in UT that really annoys me is people who play with a black ball. Its absolutely impossible to see where the ball is and its even worse if its night time or if its raining. Wish theyd get rid of it or bring in a day and night ball.

inabiddingwarbidsat1sec.jpg

1eYxh.jpg

29928051.jpg

29901572.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Just got an inform Fellaini in a pack there. How much do yous reckon he would sell for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Philly_C wrote: »
    Just got an inform Fellaini in a pack there. How much do yous reckon he would sell for?

Last time I checked he was going for 100+k.

Check his lowest buy now to see what the most you could get from him. Make sure you don't mix him up with his first inform though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Philly_C wrote: »

I saw one going for about 110k-130k earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Anyone else get a Daily Gift?

This is like the 3rd one I've got since the game's been released, is it intentional or a mistake by EA? I'm not complaining tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

TheStook wrote: »
    Anyone else get a Daily Gift?

This is like the 3rd one I've got since the game's been released, is it intentional or a mistake by EA? I'm not complaining tbh

I've only gotten one since the game came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've got two in a row now, mini silver pack and 500 coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just logged into the web app to check if I got a daily gift and I did, 2500 coins :D

It's happened again. Bought IF Debuchy as an investment. Got him at a good price of 18K, and now he's gone missing :rolleyes:

http://gyazo.com/c3801acac0dc05d8cde65b9e4963c012
    http://gyazo.com/190a2620227aa48e33149a4f9d15bcda

Absolute joke.

Before it's said, if I had quick sold him, well then I'd have 30K and not 20K.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ultimate Team could be so good if they just fixed the gameplay. Playing seasons is like a breath of fresh air compared to the ridiculous tempo of ultimate team.

I cannot stand the arcadey feel of it. Sliders pumped up to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just won division one for the first time. Won it with this squad, nearly finished apart from some changes at the back, any suggestions? http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#hBRv2kbquCH:360

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have just reached the pinnacle of FIFA, nothing will ever top this for me.

Playing the Daily Invitational final, 7500k prize so it's high stakes, we both have Premier League teams but his is a level above mine with Neymar and Buffon thrown in there. Anyway, 30 minutes in and I'm dominating, should be at least 2-0 up but luck and poor finishing work against me. He punts a long hopeful through ball (that's all this guy did...) my keeper comes running out but my defender is running for the ball too, even though I tried to super cancel, my defender bumps into the keeper so the keeper misses the punch and the guy taps it into an empty net. He then proceeds to run the length off the pitch shushing and cupping his ear. That pisses me off.

Before half-time, he gets a penalty. He played a cut-back and I tried to slide tackle the ball but went through the back of his player. Red card and penalty. Then the guy lets his keeper, Buffon, take the penalty. He tucks it in the corner and then runs the length of pitch shushing and cupping his ear, again. I'm 2-0 down and down to 10 men against a massive prick. That pisses me off.

At half-time, I get message reading ''BUFFON lol 7500'' I'm honestly raging at this point. I'm still dominating but the ball just won't go in and I'm playing with no right back so I'm barely hanging on when he attacks. On 72 minutes, I pull a goal back. It's a trampy cutback but I don't care, needs must and nothing else was working. I continue to totally control the game and he's nervously hoofing balls up the field hoping to pacewhore away with Neymar and Aguero but on 82 minutes, I level it! A rocket from the edge of the box with Podolski. He's shítting himself now, he can barely string two passes together. I get a free kick on 89 minutes from a good distance out in the perfect position for a left footer. He shifts the wall to make it difficult for me but I call in the second and third kick takers so he's not sure where to put the wall and leaves it in it's default position. I curl it up and over the wall, the ball hits the base of the post, comes back out and hits the back of a diving Buffon before bobbling over the line. Get the fúck in! I actually shouted ''Yes!'' when it went in.

After the match, I could have been the bigger guy and let his half-time message slide but no, I sent him a friendly ''Who's laughing now? 3-2 ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh'' message to which he replied ''Fúck off''. I also told him that I got totw Fellaini from the pack that I bought with the winnings. That was lies, of course.

Man, what a sweet victory. Anyway, I had to tell that story because I felt so satisfied after beating that gimp.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

^Absolutely delighted for the chap.I like reading stories like these

• Advertisement

That story made me feel good, thank you J.Marston. :D

Anyone know the trade in value for this game?

Tis the Ultimate Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Anyone know the trade in value for this game?

Tis the Ultimate Edition.

why would you think the ultimate edition would get a higher trade in value?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    why would you think the ultimate edition would get a higher trade in value?

Relax, slip of the mind.

Again, anyone know the trade in value for this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Relax, slip of the mind.

Again, anyone know the trade in value for this game?

I was looking on the black ops 2 thread and a guy said xtravision were giving him 28 credit for it. I think thats poor enough

I was looking on the black ops 2 thread and a guy said xtravision were giving him 28 credit for it. I think thats poor enough

Cheers.

Tbh, I was half guessing €25. So €28 is a bonus :pac:

Cheers.

Tbh, I was half guessing €25. So €28 is a bonus :pac:

You getting rid of fifa? From What iv seen in this thread you love ultimate team.

You getting rid of fifa? From What iv seen in this thread you love ultimate team.

I loved trading.

Post 1925 sums up my thoughts on the gameplay.

I loved trading.

If I were you I'd give me your coins, honest.

• Advertisement

I loved trading.

Ya i hate ultimate team now. The most frustrating game i have ever played. Its ridiculous how someone can get so angry over a game:p
    What game are you going to get instead of it

Advertisement