Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

TheStook wrote: »
    If I were you I'd give me your coins, honest.

I have only 38K after blowing 550K on the Bundesliga team I posted on the last page. I'll be giving the odd stuff to one or two posters here, and the rest to my cousin. Possibly a mate of mine too.
    Ya i hate ultimate team now. The most frustrating game i have ever played. Its ridiculous how someone can get so angry over a game:p
    What game are you going to get instead of it

BOPS2 I think(:o). But at least if that's crap like with last years game, I'll trade that in for a game I really do want coming out shortly in Far Cry 3 or Hitman.

It's a shame as I really enjoyed FUT12. Going by the official EA forums, many of the long time FUT players/posters agree with my comments which says a lot IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ya i hate ultimate team now. The most frustrating game i have ever played. Its ridiculous how someone can get so angry over a game:p
    What game are you going to get instead of it

Pretty sure it's Black Ops 2. Pre-ordered it myself. Keeping FIFA as I play in the leagues here but other than that can't see myself playing it much anymore

Edit: Posted a minute too late !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

jamescd wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's Black Ops 2. Pre-ordered it myself. Keeping FIFA as I play in the leagues here but other than that can't see myself playing it much anymore

Ya ill only be keeping it because its a good laugh when a few of the lads are over for a few beers. Thats when fifa comes in handy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Anyone know the trade in value for this game?

Tis the Ultimate Edition.

I got €35 for it in HMV. But that was a few weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I have only 38K after blowing 550K on the Bundesliga team I posted on the last page. I'll be giving the odd stuff to one or two posters here, and the rest to my cousin. Possibly a mate of mine too.

I wouldnt give anything away tbh unless you're absolutely sure. I did it last year around christmas and come February or so I got back into FUT and seriously regretted giving them away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

BOPS2 I think(:o). But at least if that's crap like with last years game, I'll trade that in for a game I really do want coming out shortly in Far Cry 3 or Hitman.

It's a shame as I really enjoyed FUT12. Going by the official EA forums, many of the long time FUT players/posters agree with my comments which says a lot IMHO.

This is the first year Im playing FUT as opposed to regular seasons. Whats different in this years on to lasts?

The gameplay is completley different in normal seasons mode as opposed to Ultimate Team.

Half the time in Ultimate Team I feel as if its scripted - either way.

Sometimes il play a simple pass which will magically set my striker through on goal, and in the next game I can string a simple 5 yard pass together.

Plus its like FIFA x 100 speed.

I wouldnt give anything away tbh unless you're absolutely sure. I did it last year around christmas and come February or so I got back into FUT and seriously regretted giving them away.

Being a Dortmund supporter and a big fan of the Bundesliga as a whole I'll be keeping IF Reus, IF Kuba B and maybe the Bundesliga silver team I made which is very nice. The rest I don't care about. At the moment I have a Pro League bronze team, a Seria B bronze team, Eredivisie Silver, Bundesliga Silver and Bundesliga Gold team. I won't rush into getting rid everything that's for sure.

I prefer using my bronze and silver teams, always have since I started in February anyway :)
    joe123 wrote: »
    This is the first year Im playing FUT as opposed to regular seasons. Whats different in this years on to lasts?

The gameplay is completley different in normal seasons mode as opposed to Ultimate Team.

Half the time in Ultimate Team I feel as if its scripted - either way.

Sometimes il play a simple pass which will magically set my striker through on goal, and in the next game I can string a simple 5 yard pass together.

Plus its like FIFA x 100 speed.

As you said with regards to it being scripted. It's hard to explain, but the game feels more scripted than last year. You mentioned passing but that's one element of this this scripting bull****. Why a player like Cazorla, Gundogan or whoever can have very high morale, 99 fitness but every odd game cannot make 5-10 passes throughout an entire match is beyond stupid.

There is more emphasise on ****house tactics to be blunt about it as well. If you play defensive/ultra defensive, counter and having certain players or teams, English, EPL or Brazilian namely you're fairly sorted. Only so many times you can play these teams before being completely bored of it.

Pro Club is the final straw with the broken filters, AI, etc. Before FUT, buying FIFA was only about Pro Club which used to be fun.

EA it feels like are doing an Activision on their own series to sum it up.

As you said with regards to it being scripted. It's hard to explain, but the game feels more scripted than last year. You mentioned passing but that's one element of this this scripting bull****. Why a player like Cazorla, Gundogan or whoever can have very high morale, 99 fitness but every odd game cannot make 5-10 passes throughout an entire match is beyond stupid.

There is more emphasise on ****house tactics to be blunt about it as well. If you play defensive/ultra defensive, counter and having certain players or teams, English, EPL or Brazilian namely you're fairly sorted. Only so many times you can play these teams before being completely bored of it.

Pro Club is the final straw with the broken filters, AI, etc. Before FUT, buying FIFA was only about Pro Club which used to be fun.

EA it feels like are doing an Activision on their own series to sum it up.

I agree with ya.

In Ultimate Team anyway, I seem to have a ridicules game every 2/3 now which infuriates me.
    Its not just one thing either, it's adding a bunch.
    Players won't go and tackle the man on the ball when you're double pressing, when you do tackle it deflects back to him again.
    You get in on goal, you miss. Or get caught when it shouldn't be possible.
    Passes hit off players, go nowhere near players while absolutely every single pass he makes is on the money even ground through balls while you're insanely open ones land at a defenders feet.

Players running offside or into impossible passing positions, to me this is one of the big ones to support it being possible. If I have no control over where my players generally move without having sent them on a run. How is it possible the strikers stand in offside positions or so far away you have nobody viable to pass it too :confused:.

What really gets me about it though is that when its happening and nothings going right, the worst part is that when you have to kick the ball out.
    Would it have been so hard to fix kick outs after all these years?
    If you kick it to midfield, it comes straight back from a defender pin point head to an attackers feet.
    I could handle it if I at least knew I'd have a chance of winning the kick out, but no, you're forced to try kick it out high to the winger or something since the engine completely favours returning headers.

Let's just put that to the side and say it's all in our heads and the game doesn't take a dip/rise in favour of someone at times.
    I think it shows how much of a mess they've made of this years version when playing a 3-5-2 with players above a 80 pace and playing nothing but lofted through balls means you can beat just about anyone.

There is absolutely no way, playing with players like Wellington, Hernandez etc in a 3-5-2 that you'd be able to beat better players more consistently in 2012.
    But they messed up the crossing/heading so much and along with that possession football has also taken a nose dive since with the first touch someone will lose control off it around a packed penalty box leaving the easy counter where you can ping an inch perfect 60yard pass onto a strikers foot to outrun the CB.
    Crossing and possession in the final 3rd have been completely killed off with the changes from 12.

Having said all that. I haven't found any problems playing the Vanilla version in nearly 100 games. This seems to be restricted to UT.
    I had no problems in neither game mode in FIFA 12, FIFA 11 was so bad for this in vanilla mode I got rid of it before xmas(which is what will happen with 13 as I can't enjoy H2H having to avoid playing 5* so I'm not matched with Madrid each game, can't understand why you can't see the opponents team before accepting :mad:)

Being a Dortmund supporter and a big fan of the Bundesliga as a whole I'll be keeping IF Reus, IF Kuba B and maybe the Bundesliga silver team I made which is very nice. The rest I don't care about. At the moment I have a Pro League bronze team, a Seria B bronze team, Eredivisie Silver, Bundesliga Silver and Bundesliga Gold team. I won't rush into getting rid everything that's for sure.

Ah fair enough. Are you German or just like Dortmund?

Ah fair enough. Are you German or just like Dortmund?

Not German, just a Dortmund supporter for half a dozen years now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Any methods on getting good packs?

Unfortunately its blind luck compadre.

Although people were speculating that if you have Ox on the left pack and Messi on the right pack, you get better packs because that's the way they're positioned on the front cover or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bend over, lube up and await EA to shaft ya. ;)

kensutz wrote: »
    Bend over, lube up and await EA to shaft ya. ;)

That made me Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Decided to buy a premium bronze pack when I was down to my last 900 coins. Got Opara, bronze centre back with 81 pace and 75 heading. He goes for over 20k. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got another free gift today. it was a crap mini bronze pack but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So after the weekend of football, any TOTW predictions? Id like to see Jose Enrique. Weimann or Chicharito will probably be there.

Hernandez is a cert IMHO.

Enrique would be a cert too had he taken that chance at the end of the game.

From the Bundesliga. I'd suggest Diego getting another one, Abdellaoue and Lewandowski. All three scored a brace at the weekend and could be in this weeks TOTW.

Vidal has a chance this week too. He'll go for a pretty penny I imagine if and when he does get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

would love to see Giroud get one and Id imagine Dzeko could have another shout although itd be a long shot. Diego should get another, was brilliant against leverkusen. Mauri had a pretty good game for lazio so I could see him getting one also. Imagine that the rest will be a toss up of average players as usual or at least ones who played well for some peoples opinions but not for others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

checked my accounts again today. getting the daily gift for third day in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Trampas

i got 2500 coins today

I think they said somewhere that daily gifts are back on the web app. Probably trying to encourage people to use the service more when theyre not at the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

15,000 packs up till 6 2morro

Yeah on the Xbox Ultimate team Hub its advertising Daily Gifts so I assume theyre back for the time being anyway

They're back to combat those leaving FIFA for CoD for however long. Keep interest ticking along.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Happy hour :)

bought the max 5 packs and didnt get much. Just got Gerrard and Higuain and a few squad fitness. Not much use as I already had both players but they brought in 15k so one pack back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got another free pack today. So far they have all been ****e, mini bronze packs and mini silver packs.

Bought myself a pack yesterday and got Kompany. :) Now I have Kompany and Iniesta to trade.

Messi and Tim Cahill were on the front of the packs. So on 100% of times that I have opened that combo I have got a player on 85 or over* :D

*that I can remember

Not a lot of traffic in here anymore, I'm assuming its Blops 2.

• Advertisement

Not a lot of traffic in here anymore, I'm assuming its Blops 2.

Not playing it as much as Div 1 has got very frustrating due to the amount of people who just play with fast teams and now theyve built up coins to buy the better faster players. Thinking about stopping playing but I do like playing.

Ive sold off all my teams bar two and bought packs and got FA so I think for now I might be giving it a break. Unfortunate but I assume later on they will create some sort of incentive to try and return to play. Wont really matter as other players are just spamming their way to get better teams.

Was bad ish before but now its almost unplayable.

Advertisement