Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Jesus its same shit, different year with EA. Web app is dodgy, poor security and exploitable holes.

Cannot wait for the actual game comes out, EA servers wont cope, never have and they wont bother fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

EA are so lucky they have no competition other than Pes.
    They can do whatever they want and treat their customers how they want(Horribly) and still get away with it every year.

If Cod or Battlefield did this most would flock over to the other game in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately anything is better than Pes.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Can't get into the web app what's the problem now any1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Don't expect to see the web app back any time soon:

"the Web App will remain offline for some time" from their twitter account. Presume this means days rather than hours given the nature of the problem.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Was half thinking of getting season ticket but this kind of nonsense is putting me off again thinking they could end up taking it down again over the weekend or next week for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rumours on twitter that the web app is being reset

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Rumours from randomers mean nothing so hopefully we find out soon, but I hope they do reset it otherwise it just makes a mockery of the whole thing. People who cheated will have moved their coins to other accounts at this stage and if they ban them it wont make a difference and the market is ruined by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Wonder what the beta was for at all? Typical EA.

Lucky PES ****ed up since next gen.

Axwell wrote: »
    Rumours from randomers mean nothing so hopefully we find out soon, but I hope they do reset it otherwise it just makes a mockery of the whole thing. People who cheated will have moved their coins to other accounts at this stage and if they ban them it wont make a difference and the market is ruined by it.

What do you mean by cheated?.

Is it in relation to what a previous poster said about some people with massive trade profits already?
    Cause after he said that, I looked up the PS3 ones and the biggest was 2k as off late last night, think it was 15k today which is do-able without needing bid tokens and persistence.

Was there a hack on the Xbox side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Is it in relation to what a previous poster said about some people with massive trade profits already?
    Cause after he said that, I looked up the PS3 ones and the biggest was 2k as off late last night, think it was 15k today which is do-able without needing bid tokens and persistence.

Dunno if true, but people were saying you could keep on buying packs with coins and go into negative coins. Clap clap EA.

• Advertisement

Web App hack, nothing to do with ps3 or xbox specific.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/new-tamper-data-pack-glitch.786176/

EA pulled the web app this evening to patch it and then there are rumours of bans and web app resets floating around the forums but nothing definite from EA yet.

Web App hack, nothing to do with ps3 or xbox specific.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/new-tamper-data-pack-glitch.786176/

EA pulled the web app this evening to patch it and then there are rumours of bans and web app resets floating around the forums but nothing definite from EA yet.

I know the app is independent, but for PS3 users(which is all I could see) the coins figures were consistent with what they should have been.
    None were picked up for playing games as was said on here at the time.

Maybe it blew up this evening, or maybe they weren't showing me the real ''Top 100'' :confused:

''RESET....RESET...RESET'' *chants*... I wouldn't mind seeing the back off all my players :D

Was half thinking of getting season ticket but this kind of nonsense is putting me off again thinking they could end up taking it down again over the weekend or next week for some reason.

I'm now thinking the same.

Ill see how they sort out this web app hack or whatever it is before even considering buying the early release.

Like if they reset it or something now I wouldnt really care and they might give a free pack or two for the mess but if you pay for the Season Ticket once the money changes hands they arent going to care if the same thing was to happen again at the weekend, there would be no chance of getting your money back and the whole point of paying is to play early not sit there trying to login for hours because they took UT down again.

Latest update on EA twitter:

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA We're still working to ensure that we can provide a stable experience for all users on the web app. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.

So not looking like its going to be back on any time soon still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The hacking of the web app will have absolutely no bearing on the Early Release.

Turns out people were getting Rooney's, Van Persie's, Ronaldo's, Messi's, Silva's, Hazard's etc and putting them up for 200 coins buy now. People were earning millions of coins in 10 mins, totally ****ed the market around.

No option but to reset it if that's the case.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The hacking of the web app will have absolutely no bearing on the Early Release.

The web app was late going up yesterday because they discovered some flaws and errors - FAIL 1

Its been hacked today to bits and has been down now about 5 hours - FAIL 2

There is every possibility it will be hacked again based on the fact it seems it wasnt 100% ready and secure in the first place,this is just one glitch there is undoubtedly more and it seems like a very unstable version of the webapp so far. That will have every bearing on the early release if thats the case as there is every chance it could happen again over the weekend or next week. Why would I pay 25 quid for early access when I may not be able to play UT which for me personally would be one of the main reasons getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I thought you were worried about not being able to get the early access, didn't think you meant Ultimate Team on Early Access.

In my opinion Ultimate Team shouldn't be part of the early access, like last year. I am looking forward to UT but Jesus if I've got the full version of Career mode and H2H Seasons I'm not going to be bored like.

This is the UT thread :p

I love UT, the whole starting with a crap team and trading scraping for coins. Barely touched career mode last year and only got in to H2H seasons later in the year when was bored with other stuff. Looking forward to Clubs this year if they have the glitching sorted on it but with the current effort that is UT im sure they will make a mess of that too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

16KbW.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

x0jCZ.png

Just something I did to nullify the post above me

Relax. I didn't create the pic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

miralize wrote: »

Just something I did to nullify the post above me

It was a joke mate...

I dont think anyone is stupid enough to think it was real.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The web app was late going up yesterday because they discovered some flaws and errors - FAIL 1

Its been hacked today to bits and has been down now about 5 hours - FAIL 2

There is every possibility it will be hacked again based on the fact it seems it wasnt 100% ready and secure in the first place,this is just one glitch there is undoubtedly more and it seems like a very unstable version of the webapp so far. That will have every bearing on the early release if thats the case as there is every chance it could happen again over the weekend or next week. Why would I pay 25 quid for early access when I may not be able to play UT which for me personally would be one of the main reasons getting it?

This will not affect early access play of ultimate team. In any way. The exploit is purely available through the web applet. That will be the only thing taken down.

The hack of the web applet used was actually the same one that was discovered last year. How they didn't plug the exploit is beyond belief when they already knew how it was done. People were buying gold packs for zero coins by using code tags over and over.

Under normal circumstances I would say there is little chance of a wipe but I'm not so sure. It could go either way.

They will weigh the gains vs the losses. Several thousand people made millions of coins and have perfect teams. Thats bad as it messes with the economy. On the flipside, 99% of the user base will never, ever know of any hack as most don't have season ticket and don't use forums. Even less use the web applet.

So in trying to "fix" the game by wiping everyone, they will create a news story. It will pop up on websites people visit. Alot of them. Which in turn will highlight the problem to the masses who would otherwise.....never know.

I think their desire to fix the game will be overridden by their desire to save face and avoid embarrassement. Accounts will be banned but no wipe will happen. That would be my guess. I think the bigwigs will give the order to just let it slide. They don't want opening week sales affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Kirby wrote: »
    This will not affect early access play of ultimate team. In any way. The exploit is purely available through the web applet. That will be the only thing taken down.

How will it not effect UT? If they decide to reset (as you say is a possibility), then what's the point in having early access when you may lose all your progress?
    So in trying to "fix" the game by wiping everyone, they will create a news story. It will pop up on websites people visit. Alot of them. Which in turn will highlight the problem to the masses who would otherwise.....never know.

#ResetTheWebApp was trending on twitter in the UK less than 2 hours after the web app was taken offline at 6pm yesterday.

It's all over twitter, youtube, the official forum, any FIFA fan site, or any forum that has a FIFA thread, Eurogamer, Videogamer.

I'd consider this to be popping up on websites people visit, tbf. Reset is the fairest option imo.

They'll reset it, but not because they care about any of us... except for the one man mouthpiece KSIO from Youtube... who funnily enough had 2M coins yesterday :rolleyes:. But yeah, IF the market crashes or plainly, is badly effected as a result of the past 24/48 hours then a fair share of people won't buy packs with cash, some will of course because they are dumbasses. FUT is about squeezing more money out of their cash cow as we all know. That's all they care about, and forever will care about. Thought this was fairly obvious myself, though perhaps I'm underestimating (not the overestimating it :)) EA's behaviour.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    How will it not effect UT? If they decide to reset (as you say is a possibility), then what's the point in having early access when you may lose all your progress?

You need to re-read my post.

I never said this wouldn't affect UT. I said it won't affect early access. At all.

Axwell intimiated that we may not be able to get onto UT on saturday because of it. Which won't happen as this exploit is limited to the web applet only. They wouldn't take down the main game because of it.

And Early Access has nothing to do with the web applet. People who didn't buy a season ticket could still use the web applet. The point of early access was to get the game early.

You need to re-read my post.

I never said this wouldn't affect UT. I said it won't affect early access. At all.

Axwell intimiated that we may not be able to get onto UT on saturday because of it. Which won't happen as this exploit is limited to the web applet only. They wouldn't take down the main game because of it.

And Early Access has nothing to do with the web applet. People who didn't buy a season ticket could still use the web applet. The point of early access was to get the game early.

I can see both points of view.

TBH though, if a person can't enjoy playing with the regular teams for the first 6 days of release. Then maybe FIFA isn't for you.
    Ultimate Team is a good ''addition'' but it's just a rehash of the teams and kits.
    Surely anyone could hack playing H2H for 6 days?.... I just want an online connection and 6mins half. I don't care what mode :D

Web App is back up.

• Advertisement

I didnt 'intimiate' anything or anyone..if you are going to use big words at least use words that exist :D

While the web app got hacked and you can play UT through the console it wouldnt surprise me based on all the flaws and the disaster that was the current release if more goes wrong between now and the 28th. I would be using the web app during the day while not at home at my console to trade, if that goes down due to more hacks then I can only do trading when I get home on the console. For me personally that defeats the point of paying to play early, I want to be able to build my team on the web app during the day then go home and play with my team in the evening.

As I said previously for me UT is one of the biggest appeals of FIFA and if its in the current state come the weekend it would put me off buying the Season Ticket with the chance of another mess happening over the few early days of access. Other buys Season ticket to play H2H or Clubs and they wont be affected but im just interested in UT.

Advertisement