Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble accessing the trade pile and searching auctions?

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA We're aware of the issue affecting the auction house and trade pile of some users. It's currently being investigated. #FUT

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA We're aware of the issue affecting the auction house and trade pile of some users. It's currently being investigated. #FUT

2448bvq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

The Bunk is strictly a suit and tie Motha****a

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

I currently have an ok prem team

Given
    G Johnson Howedes Koscielny Baines
    Fletcher
    Valencia Young
    Kagawa
    Berbatov Adebayor

I got Howedes free in a pack. Any suggestions on how to improve the team? I'd like to replace Given with Reina and Vermaelen for Howedes.

I dont think Kagawa is that good but I have no idea who to replace him with, Siliva would be great but I haven't got the funds. I'm trying to build the team without paying money for any packs. I bought a few of the 7500 coin gold packs but the players I got were awful. The best being Kolo Toure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

crazy eyes wrote: »

Given
    Fletcher
    Valencia Young
    Kagawa
    Berbatov Adebayor

I got Howedes free in a pack. Any suggestions on how to improve the team? I'd like to replace Given with Reina and Vermaelen for Howedes.

I dont think Kagawa is that good but I have no idea who to replace him with, Siliva would be great but I haven't got the funds. I'm trying to build the team without paying money for any packs. I bought a few of the 7500 coin gold packs but the players I got were awful. The best being Kolo Toure.

De Gea is a good cheap option for GK.

Replace Kagawa with Adel Taraabt, he's an absolute monster. If you have the coins get Cazorla at around 10k, but if not Taraabt is a great player.

There are a lot of better CDM's than Fletch, Tiote is a machine and Fellaini in the CDM is really good too. Neither are expensive.

In my opinion Kaboul from Spurs is the best Prem CB on Ultimate Team. Vermaelen plays very well too.

Also I would try and get a bit more pace up front. Hernandez or even Djibril Cisse are good to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Given
    Fletcher
    Valencia Young
    Kagawa
    Berbatov Adebayor

David Luiz is the most over rated player in Fifa. He is ridicuosly good. So bring him in. I have Kone up front for me. He is an absolute tank. So far he's scored 38 goals in 26 games for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

If anyone has a PL team I can't recommend Podolski enough. The man is a beast. Pace and shooting are unreal and his left foot is a rocket. Having a left footed striker on the right side is so handy too.

He is so over rated in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    De Gea is a good cheap option for GK.

Replace Kagawa with Adel Taraabt, he's an absolute monster. If you have the coins get Cazorla at around 10k, but if not Taraabt is a great player.

There are a lot of better CDM's than Fletch, Tiote is a machine and Fellaini in the CDM is really good too. Neither are expensive.

In my opinion Kaboul from Spurs is the best Prem CB on Ultimate Team. Vermaelen plays very well too.

Also I would try and get a bit more pace up front. Hernandez or even Djibril Cisse are good to have.

I think I might pick up Carzorla and Fellani. I dont think fletch is too bad but theres better out there definately. If Kaboul is cheap i might pick him up and chance him.

I have cisse on the bench but I found him similar to adebayor but ade has a better finish or something. I'm thinking of picking up Torres as he has good pace and a good finish. Is he worth the 30,000?
    eioneill wrote: »
    David Luiz is the most over rated player in Fifa. He is ridicuosly good. So bring him in. I have Kone up front for me. He is an absolute tank. So far he's scored 38 goals in 26 games for me.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    If anyone has a PL team I can't recommend Podolski enough. The man is a beast. Pace and shooting are unreal and his left foot is a rocket. Having a left footed striker on the right side is so handy too.

He is so over rated in the game.

As above how would Podolski compare too Torres? I used to play with Arsenal in seasons and I thought Podolski was class. I was planning on going for Podolski and Van Persie up front when I get the points up but the price of Van has gone up alot recently and Ive went off Podolski thats why I'm think of getting torres.

Thanks for the replys btw:D

Whats Xavi going for these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

As above how would Podolski compare too Torres? I used to play with Arsenal in seasons and I thought Podolski was class. I was planning on going for Podolski and Van Persie up front when I get the points up but the price of Van has gone up alot recently and Ive went off Podolski thats why I'm think of getting torres.

Thanks for the replys btw:D

Since I have both I don't have to choose!

But If I had to I'd probably keep Podolski. His speed and shot seem better even if it might go against the stats. Plus as I said having a RS with a left foot is so handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Got Agbonlahor in a pack, very nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So iI posted here while back bout week or so ago asking about value of players dropping and listed my premier league squad here to. I decided day or two after to sell the lot and got 700,000. So iI checked now to see what difference is iI could buy back the same team for 577,000 or so now crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Whats Xavi going for these days?

You should get him between 85,000 to 95,000 coins. Though I think Fabregas has close to the same stats and you can get him for 20-30,000 coins

Built myself a decent SPL team for ~30,000. Its miles better than my EPL, Spanish and German teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Well, after 7 weeks of waiting, EA finally issued me my Felipe Luis Inform. Happy with my 35k or so I'll make off that.

Zemuppet wrote: »
    You should get him between 85,000 to 95,000 coins. Though I think Fabregas has close to the same stats and you can get him for 20-30,000 coins

No I got him in a pack ,sold him for 72k,average is around 70k appartenely so can't complain.
    Thank though

No I got him in a pack ,sold him for 72k,average is around 70k appartenely so can't complain.
    Thank though

Sorry though you were gonna buy him. I got him in my starting pack so back then he was worth 90k. Still haven't sold him and I built my La Liga team around him :D

Probably the strongest team I've played against so far
    overall_team.jpg

It was in the cup so I imagine he probably had casillas and iniesta in place of cech and the rm.
    Also turned out that guy was terrible :pac:
    sorry about image size

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

thats the usual case.

**** fifa players + big wallet = best teams + easy to beat

Ive been checking the Fifa 13 twitter page occasionally to see when guest play would be put back into UT.

Anytime someone has been replied to about it the answer given was "We have temporarily removed guest play from UT"

Now the reply given is "We have removed guest play from UT" :rolleyes:

So annoying the way they just remove stuff like that especially when they said it was only temporary. One of my main reasons for playing the game is 2 player on UT :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Removing the whole custom league option in the main game was more annoying for me and not a thing said about that either. I tweeted Rutter, EA and posted on their facebook (multiple times) asking about it and was ignored. They really dont seem to give a crap about what people want anymore with the game and then dont even fix the stuff that is in the game when they go removing other stuff, very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They'll bring it back next year and call it a new feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

App released for android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

the app doesnt seem to be compatible with all android phones by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

miralize wrote: »
    thats the usual case.

**** fifa players + big wallet = best teams + easy to beat

It's getting ridiculous at the moment, I played 4 games yesterday and all had 86+ overall ratings. Most were terrible at the game (not great myself by any means) and all seemed to have the same tactic of lobbed through ball to Ronaldo, Falcao or someone else with ridiculous pace. If I go 2 ahead they quit, if I equalise & look like going ahead they quit nearly every time. If it's a draw when they quit the game is void but my players still lose a contract and fitness.

I'm playing on PC & it only seems to be in the last few days that these type teams are cropping up the whole time. It couldn't be just money being thrown at the game by these people, they must be cheating somehow. The best side that I took note if that I've came up against was yesterday in division 2: Hart, Cole, Vidic, Kompany, Zabaleta, Mata, Yaya Toure, Valencia, Van Persie & Rooney, which I bet 2-1 with my B team all 78-82 ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    It's getting ridiculous at the moment, I played 4 games yesterday and all had 86+ overall ratings. Most were terrible at the game (not great myself by any means) and all seemed to have the same tactic of lobbed through ball to Ronaldo, Falcao or someone else with ridiculous pace. If I go 2 ahead they quit, if I equalise & look like going ahead they quit nearly every time. If it's a draw when they quit the game is void but my players still lose a contract and fitness.

I'm playing on PC & it only seems to be in the last few days that these type teams are cropping up the whole time. It couldn't be just money being thrown at the game by these people, they must be cheating somehow. The best side that I took note if that I've came up against was yesterday in division 2: Hart, Cole, Vidic, Kompany, Zabaleta, Mata, Yaya Toure, Valencia, Van Persie & Rooney, which I bet 2-1 with my B team all 78-82 ratings.

I got a loada ****e sent to me in a message after i lost 2-0 to a fella there while ago. Saying i was worst hes ever played for the team i had :pac:. Game was close i could of won it had enough chances. Its very hard to take into account what players are like sometimes on fifa.

I find you go threw stages for few games you cant lose everything goes your way then you get total other way around nothing and i mean nothing will go in 20 plus chances and he goes up and scores with his first!! lol

Drives me insane playing online with randomers cause of this.

Dunnie1982 wrote: »

The thing is with these "super" teams, is that they're built just to show off and there is no real empathise on tactics. I've built 4 teams and all have the 3-4-1-2 formation. I've got a CM with big passing skills next to a CDM screening the back three, with pacey wingers acting as wingbacks and a CF or CAM behind the 2 strikers to feed them. If you choose tactics which you are comfortable with rather than a hodge podge fantasy football team, it's more likely you will win....cept those damn Brazilian counter-attacking teams. Not even my rag-tag SPL squad can cope with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Zemuppet wrote: »
    The thing is with these "super" teams, is that they're built just to show off and there is no real empathise on tactics. I've built 4 teams and all have the 3-4-1-2 formation. I've got a CM with big passing skills next to a CDM screening the back three, with pacey wingers acting as wingbacks and a CF or CAM behind the 2 strikers to feed them. If you choose tactics which you are comfortable with rather than a hodge podge fantasy football team, it's more likely you will win....cept those damn Brazilian counter-attacking teams. Not even my rag-tag SPL squad can cope with them :D

That was exactly the formation & tactic I used last year, this year I've gone for 3421, pacey wingers and wide midfielders but no pace through the middle of the team... 2 strong passers and decent tacklers at CM and then a big lump of a striker who can finish anything :)

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#i5kAbpiCDXC:360

It's still short of 2 centre backs and a goalie but it's getting there eventually... The best thing is with Pedro and Jesus Navas basically just advance wingbacks I can deal with any wide through balls over the top and they track back at least as quickly as their wingers can get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I find that Rms and Lms generally do sweet **** all in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Trampas

got maicon and thinking of just selling him.

what do people think?

Advertisement