Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I can see both points of view.

Surely anyone could hack playing H2H for 6 days?.... I just want an online connection and 6mins half. I don't care what mode :D

They could, but why would they pay €25 for something they're going to have to 'hack'? For many people UT is the main or even only reason for buying Fifa, so if the early release does not include that then they will have no reason to get it.

I have a similar view of UT to you, it's just another game mode to play, but for others that's all they play for the whole year

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kirby wrote: »
    Web App is back up.

Excellent :)

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    They could, but why would they pay €25 for something they're going to have to 'hack'? For many people UT is the main or even only reason for buying Fifa, so if the early release does not include that then they will have no reason to get it.

I have a similar view of UT to you, it's just another game mode to play, but for others that's all they play for the whole year

Don't get me wrong, I put in a 1000 games last year compared to around 230 for H2H.

But I can handle playing H2H for the first while. It certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Especially considering how annoying it is playing with low chem teams at the start.
    Even if it was down for the week, it will give me more time to get my team in order(I assume the app will be back before the 28th)

The way I see it is, the console version should still work without the app as others have stated.
    So the issue is: Do they reset it or not?. As long as there's a decision made by Saturday then people can get stuck in(some won't if they think it will be a waste, so a decision on a reset must take place before the early release)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Axwell wrote: »
    I didnt 'intimiate' anything or anyone..if you are going to use big words at least use words that exist :D.

Doesn't exist, eh? :D

in·ti·mate 2 (nt-mt)
    tr.v. in·ti·mat·ed, in·ti·mat·ing, in·ti·mates
    1. To make known subtly and indirectly; hint. See Synonyms at suggest.
    2. To announce; proclaim.

And don't be commenting on my spelling.

And now you know what it means, you did exactly that as you can see from your quote.
    Why would I pay 25 quid for early access when I may not be able to play UT which for me personally would be one of the main reasons getting it?

You worried that you wouldn't be able to get on UT on saturday. And then I reassured you that everything was fine and you would be able to. Coz I'm in the know like! :p

I just read a statistic that blew me away. Keep this in mind if you intend to spend any real money on packs this year.

Over 100,000 players were bought using the tamper data pack method yesterday for one rondaldo on FUT - at £5 a pack that comes out at just over £20,000 spent for one player.

Truly staggering. I'm guessing the odds of getting Messi or Ronaldo on release are astronomically low. They may increase them over time but the odds of coming up against a team who has either of them early on is virtually nil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

What the f**k is going on with the app? I just got home from work and tried to get on and success, Great! But i get this message :

"It looks like you do not have a FIFA Ultimate Team. JOIN the community of millions! Here's how to GET STARTED"

I've been using UT Since Fifa 11 and i got on yesterday and opened my free packs and made a trade or 2, All was fine until it went down again.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Have they actually reset it? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

I played UT on PS3 last year but I'm getting FIFA 13 on PC. When I make a team in the web app will it show on my pc version of FIFA or will it only work on PS3 because I had FIFA on that last year. Do I have to change any settings before I set it up because I don't want to open any of my free packs if they won't work on PC.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Doesn't exist, eh? :D

Not according to Collins dictionary anyways, and they are in the know :p

Id love to see a stat for the amount of money EA make of packs bought for real money via ms points, id say its unreal which is why its so frustrating when they wont pay for decent servers and bring out a web app thats flawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

seems like the server is down for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

markie29 wrote: »
    seems like the server is down for me now.

Yip, same here...

• Advertisement

Id love to see a stat for the amount of money EA make of packs bought for real money via ms points, id say its unreal which is why its so frustrating when they wont pay for decent servers and bring out a web app thats flawed.

Parawind told me an interesting stat a while back. I think it was over 100 million dollars last year alone pure profit from Ultimate team. It may not even be a year, it could have just been a financial quarter....can't remember which.

Not according to Collins dictionary anyways, and they are in the know :p

Not in Collins, eh? Really now my esteemed moderator. It might be time to admit you were incorrect and bow to my superior intellect!

intimate
    vb (tr; may take a clause as object)
    1. to hint; suggest
    2. to proclaim; make known
    [from Late Latin intimāre to proclaim, from Latin intimus innermost]
    intimater n
    Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Not in Collins, eh? Really now my esteemed moderator. It might be time to admit you were incorrect and bow to my superior intellect!

Nahhh :)

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/alphasolutions/ScreenShot2012-09-20at135402_zps25e03e95.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You need to re-read my post.

I never said this wouldn't affect UT. I said it won't affect early access. At all.

Axwell intimiated that we may not be able to get onto UT on saturday because of it. Which won't happen as this exploit is limited to the web applet only. They wouldn't take down the main game because of it.

No. You missed the point both of us were making, but I doubt anybody really gives a sh!t, so I'll leave it instead of spamming the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

im still locked out!

Mini Bronze as my first daily gift.

Mini silver pack today. Let the good times roll.

Au contraire! Behold! Collins Dictionary! definition number 2 when you scroll down.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/intimate?showCookiePolicy=true

Check mate and all that jazz. Next time, in matters of english language just defer to my superior knowledge and don't clog the thread. :)

I suppose the only way to find out would be to check what time Madden and NHL launched in Europe with the pass.

The best I can find googling all three is:

Europe (PSN)- Sunday, Sept 16th at 6:00am CET... that's for NHL 13.

With the Americans getting FIFA at 6pm on the Friday, and the time difference between the two, it's possible they could be launched near enough the same time(so we could see it at 12).

The American launch for NHL was 4 days earlier though, so there's no precedent on how they'll release it compared that.

It would be in their best interests to launch it at 12.... more people will impulse buy for the weekend.

I went into the EA sports app thing where you buy the season pass on XBL just now and it says -

"Fifa 13 early release - Available in 2 days, 3 hours and 40 minutes"

on a count down timer.

Au contraire! Behold! Collins Dictionary! definition number 2 when you scroll down.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/intimate?showCookiePolicy=true

Check mate and all that jazz. Next time, in matters of english language just defer to my superior knowledge and don't clog the thread. :)

Thats intimate...your word was 'intimiate' hence my posts saying it doesnt exist..now enough clogging up the thread and back to UT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Im in....

Mini Bronze pack... thanking you...

I got 3 gold packs yesterday and got sweet F all...

• Advertisement

thewools wrote: »
    Im in....

Mini Bronze pack... thanking you...

I got 3 gold packs yesterday and got sweet F all...

Welcome to FUT13 :D

Thats intimate...your word was 'intimiate' hence my posts saying it doesnt exist..now enough clogging up the thread and back to UT.

You could have not clogged it up further with that reply either. The extra letter was clearly a spelling error. Stop being a pedant. The word exists. Be a man next time, admit it and move on instead of arguing with me for 2 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

What's the difference between shiny and non-shiny players? Bit of noob here :P

Nothing specifically. They don't have special attributes or anything like that. Shiny just indicates they are rarer players.

What's the difference between shiny and non-shiny players? Bit of noob here :P

Shiny are rarer. It often says how many shiny/rare items will be in a pack before you buy it.

Also, a regular gold has a discard value of around ~300 coins. A shiny has a discard value of around ~600

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got 500 coins as my gift, that helped me buy Shane Long for 900 coins. I'm building my team from the front, Berbatov and Long up top with Gerrard behind in CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got 500 coins as my gift, that helped me buy Shane Long for 900 coins. I'm building my team from the front, Berbatov and Long up top with Gerrard behind in CAM.

Nicccceeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Forgot about Berbatov! Going he to sell Giroud and pick him up. I'll have him playing off Gaston Ramirez.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got about 4 gold packs, and 4 x all player packs.
    Bronze + silver team isn't bad bu gold suck balls..
    Worst thing is I've a stag on Friday so won't even get to play the game :(

• Advertisement

Nice one, I'd go for Long, but I can't get him for a reasonable price.

What player formations appear as orange in a 4-1-2-1-2? I thought it depends on the position, any defender in a formation with 4 at the back would be ok in another formation that has four at the back, etc (or so I've read), but doesn't seem to be the case.

Advertisement