Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Have been playing with Martinez, but wanted to try Gustavo. Not sure which I'll go for. Going back to Elia as I didn't like Schurle, might try Badstuber and Subotic.

BPL one, is Fellaini better than Tiote? Im currently bidding on him, not sure what else to buy except maybe Clichy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

TheGunns wrote: »
    Will post the teams once I can get on the Web app, Ive found youve got a much better chance if you rotate 2 teams.

How so?

As in, you always have fresh players? It'd take serious coinage to create two teams like you have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's better to have two teams. Saves you wasting coins on fitness cards.

I've got my main team...

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#bVrc65ZjnI5eP:ps3

and my fitness/arsing about team...

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#kinLgnCenI5eR:ps3

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's better to have two teams. Saves you wasting coins on fitness cards.

I just end up rotating with slightly weaker players. I'd prefer to have two very good starting teams from different leagues/nations to rotate between, but the best player I've gotten from a pack was 82 rated Manzukic who I got 2,00 coins for.

It'd be nice to have one good player worth a few K in a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I also advocate having two teams over continually buying fitness cards.

Here are my two:

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#d1rcGhOhQxJ:360

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#caH089YcQxO:360

I also made a silver team back in the day to play silver tournaments in but I rarely use them.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#hojCmmkLQxP:360

• Advertisement

Winning the Division 1 title online is a bit of an anti-climax. Not cut-scene or anything, only a graphic saying "Won Title" after the match and a dialog box popping up to say the same thing.

I've only played 5 seasons, but managed to win each division title on the way, except division two (tried to tinker with formations and it didn't work so well!). I've won the gold cup and the other Chinese New Years Cup. Not sure what to do now.

I got 78 rated Pienaar in my pack for winning division 1..... just give me one good player from a damn pack.

Might try to build a new side for the laugh. I don't really have a second side. All of your ones look deadly, how do you afford it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Winning the Division 1 title online is a bit of an anti-climax. Not cut-scene or anything, only a graphic saying "Won Title" after the match and a dialog box popping up to say the same thing.

I've only played 5 seasons, but managed to win each division title on the way, except division two (tried to tinker with formations and it didn't work so well!). I've won the gold cup and the other Chinese New Years Cup. Not sure what to do now.

I got 78 rated Pienaar in my pack for winning division 1..... just give me one good player from a damn pack.

Might try to build a new side for the laugh. I don't really have a second side. All of your ones look deadly, how do you afford it?

I many ways making money. Winning match s tournaments s seasons etc. Trading which I find very boring. Opening packs with money in game or real and making profit from selling certain big items. I made hundreds of thousands coins selling players before the market crash and buying them back and a massive cut price. At this stage I've 92 players all gold nearly all top level few IF s as well. I've a load of players I can't even fit into most the teams I use ha.

In the final on the Chinese cup again. Winning 6-2, with a few mins left.

The game has taken about 40 mins so far because of the horrendous lag. He just paused it, let the timer expire, paused it again, and now the game has hung.

The guy is definitely cheating. UPC usually knock me offline around 1am or so to renew the lease on my IP, hope ta f*ck he gives up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

In the final on the Chinese cup again. Winning 6-2, with a few mins left.

The game has taken about 40 mins so far because of the horrendous lag. He just paused it, let the timer expire, paused it again, and now the game has hung.

The guy is definitely cheating. UPC usually knock me offline around 1am or so to renew the lease on my IP, hope ta f*ck he gives up.

Well, outcome was? :P

Won Division 1 last night. Got nothing....

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    Well, outcome was? :P

He quit after after 90 mins or so. Got my 6-2 win and the coins for winning the trophy. He had Pato, Wellington, Lucas, Neymar, Hulk, Ramires as his strikers/midfield. Lowest pace of about 85?

He was in the U.S so I had the timezone advantage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He quit after after 90 mins or so. Got my 6-2 win and the coins for winning the trophy. He had Pato, Wellington, Lucas, Neymar, Hulk, Ramires as his strikers/midfield. Lowest pace of about 85?

He was in the U.S so I had the timezone advantage :pac:

Glad you got the win which was deserved.

Be nothing worse then to play and have somebody cheat you out of it.

I'm convinced this game mode is scripted.

I started a new account when I picked FIFA up for the PC recently.
    Played 'Seasons' first and won the D1 title with a record around 68-8-3 before moving onto UT.

Won my way to the D1 title with 2 losses in total winning it 7-0-0 before winning it a second time in a row 7-0-1.
    On my 3rd attempt now and I'm 4-1-2(two wins against the cheat teams mentioned below, so basically 2-1-2 :confused:) and I've had some ridicules consecutive matches where stupid things are happening all over the pitch. This is a near carbon copy of what happened when playing on the PS3. I romped my way to two packs before it became impossible to string two results together.

Sad thing is my two teams now are FAR better than the ones I won it twice, while the level of opponents squads is much the same.
    Might have to switch back to 'Seasons' as I did on the PS3(when I did that I was back winning at the same % again) if the game continues to play with this.

Also as an aside there's an AWFUL of lot cheaters on the PC.
    Coincidentally my introduction to them reflects much the same as the story above.
    I didn't meet any until this dogged season and now I've met about 6 in the past few hours.

Basically what they're doing is sending out a bronze(mainly) or mixed Gold low level team with zero effort at Chemistry and ending the game after tip off and getting 500 coins.

With the first lad I took tip, ran straight in and scored. He cheat ended it at that point meaning I got the points and 500 coins.

The next did it after the game tipped off meaning it ended 0-0, I got 500 coins and lost contracts for my players.

The next two did it before tip off meaning I got no coins(either this has to be done quick or they only got that coins) and when I got to the last lad I decided to make him wait through the start up as punishment. He had tip and it auto kicked off and I banged in 3 before he ended it(maybe he left the room knowing he could do it when he came back)

Is this happening on the consoles or a PC only problem?... pretty sad as if lads can get 500s that quick they're raking it in. Granted you're getting coins for the contracts lost but you're not going anywhere in the table unless you can score before it happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

No never heard or had that happen to me on Xbox. Would their dnf multiplier not be very low though from all the quoting?

Tinie wrote: »
    No never heard or had that happen to me on Xbox. Would their dnf multiplier not be very low though from all the quoting?

Sadly not.

These aren't standard disconnections where the game freezes and ends after 10-15seconds.
    In this situation the game ends instantly, and they're trying to have the game start before doing it.

Was reading on the UT forum and there are reports that the games cost players points and relegation/division titles though in the three that have happened to me two I scored before they got the chance and the other counted a 0-0, gave me coins but I still had that game to play.

It's actually a MASSIVE problem on the PC now.

After my last post I was meeting these players basically every attempt.
    At one point I came across about 10 different lads and was close to giving up :rolleyes:. There is a work around in that you can tab out for 10 seconds on the squad screen which ends the game without penalty.
    However the downfall off this is, that players can also use this to dodge opponents with good teams as is mentioned on the official forum(seems getting Top players/IF's would mean you'll have players dodging you using that work around)

Absolute mess which doesn't look like it can be fixed entirely(if they sort the coin boosters the option to tab out will probably remain.

This is what's happening in UT seasons on PC now.
    Its literally a 100% problem since yesterday... pathetic really to see that the majority of players have nothing better to do than just boost coins when it's currently impossible to even play an actual game.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Played the No Coin Cup thinking there would be less pricks considering there is no reward.

Nope. Still full of lobbed through balls, tramp goals, sssshhhh and dancing celebrations. What is with the Fifa gaming community?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Never play the other online modes in FIFA but this scripted bull**** is an absolute joke. It seems the lower rated your team is the more likely you'll win. If lads enjoy playing with silver teams fair enough that's up to them but if they go into comps against gold teams don't suddenly make jermaine Beckford better then Messi , seriously like. I'm not a pace whore but often the best players will be pacy, when I spot Hazard isolated v Cahill in a level position and play a perfect through ball on the ground I fully expect a 90 pace player to beat a player nearly 20 pace below him to it, but no time and time again the players stats seem to mean absolutely nothing. Now I've had it go my way plenty of times to and usually when I'm the lower rated team, I've had to apologise to lads it's so obvious and embarrassing. Just make it fair and realistic, if you get beaten by the better play then fair play it's the only way you get better yourself anyway.

Think I'll go back to Fifa 12, anyone know if the servers are still busy enough to get games ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Never play the other online modes in FIFA but this scripted bull**** is an absolute joke. It seems the lower rated your team is the more likely you'll win. If lads enjoy playing with silver teams fair enough that's up to them but if they go into comps against gold teams don't suddenly make jermaine Beckford better then Messi , seriously like. I'm not a pace whore but often the best players will be pacy, when I spot Hazard isolated v Cahill in a level position and play a perfect through ball on the ground I fully expect a 90 pace player to beat a player nearly 20 pace below him to it, but no time and time again the players stats seem to mean absolutely nothing. Now I've had it go my way plenty of times to and usually when I'm the lower rated team, I've had to apologise to lads it's so obvious and embarrassing. Just make it fair and realistic, if you get beaten by the better play then fair play it's the only way you get better yourself anyway.

Think I'll go back to Fifa 12, anyone know if the servers are still busy enough to get games ??

this is so true i got hammered yesterday by a silver brazillian side while i had a gold brazillian. i could not keep with them even i knew my were quicker stat wise but as you said it means f**k all

• Registered Users Posts: 8 susie19

their servers are flakey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

this is so true i got hammered yesterday by a silver brazillian side while i had a gold brazillian. i could not keep with them even i knew my were quicker stat wise but as you said it means f**k all

U know this is old news but thanks for the agreement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

U know this is old news but thanks for the agreement :)

i know :)

Is it just me or has the game changed lately?

Cant buy a win even in Div 2. Seem to get punished for smallest mistake or cant score when 1 on 1.

Or am I just ****e?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Is it just me or has the game changed lately?

Cant buy a win even in Div 2. Seem to get punished for smallest mistake or cant score when 1 on 1.

Or am I just ****e?:pac::pac:

I seem to keep coming up against 352 sides alot more often now its really difficult to break down find myself constantly running down the wings and crossing the ball as going through the middle against 5 CB is very difficult.

I had Kilbane in my club for ages and put him up there. Put him up for a buy now 900 as that what the average was on futwiz and futhead.

He sold nearly straight away. I went to check how many were on the market and there is only one! And it's up for buy now 300+k.

I wonder if I have made a grave error.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Poor Keno.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Came up against a guy today in division 1 with 0 percent chemistry,he quit once it kicked off,must be like that thing gilberto mentioned above

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Does that actually work on the ps3?? Like if u quit would u not just get no coins and would be classed as DNF??

Played few games last night where once I went 3 or 4 up the other person just stops playing pretending to make you think their contrals are broke or something.

In one game I was 1 up when he scored equaliser and does the I can't hear you celebration and watches the 3 replays.

Ended up winning 5-1 but he stops once 4th went in.

Some people can give but can't take when on other foot.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Came up against a guy today in division 1 with 0 percent chemistry,he quit once it kicked off,must be like that thing gilberto mentioned above
    Does that actually work on the ps3?? Like if u quit would u not just get no coins and would be classed as DNF??

Apparently what's happening on PC is that these lads are using bots, someone on the official forum states there's Youtube videos showing they get a 5-0 win on their end.

It's weird, most games it ends before kick off, I didn't think I was losing contracts in that circumstance but after taking note I realised I was. You won't get any coins on your end unless the game kicks off first which only happens the odd time. So generally you're just losing contracts with no return.

They seem to be using new accounts as well(possible to save their main account with a ban) as you'll see they have some lower league crests/kits, funnily enough about 60% on the PC use the Brentford crest :confused:

You can be sure if a team pops up with 0-40 chem and goalies outfield etc they're using the same exploit.
    Season's a write off on PC, you'd spend 90% of the time tabbing out looking for a real player so Gold cups are the only avenue for now.
    Played few games last night where once I went 3 or 4 up the other person just stops playing pretending to make you think their contrals are broke or something.

In one game I was 1 up when he scored equaliser and does the I can't hear you celebration and watches the 3 replays.

Ended up winning 5-1 but he stops once 4th went in.

Some people can give but can't take when on other foot.

In relation to this, I'd love to see a system introduced where you could offer the opponent a submission.

It isn't a problem in the normal Seasons mode as nobody really cares what their DNF is, but since people are playing for coins in UT a lot will do this if you take them to the cleaners.

I'd like if they at least added the option for a mutual finish to a game, it wouldn't have to be compulsory, but I'd certainly use it/accept it if I was winning a game easily and the alternative would be to sit waiting for the game to end.

Advertisement