Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Played few games last night where once I went 3 or 4 up the other person just stops playing pretending to make you think their contrals are broke or something.

In one game I was 1 up when he scored equaliser and does the I can't hear you celebration and watches the 3 replays.

Ended up winning 5-1 but he stops once 4th went in.

Some people can give but can't take when on other foot.
    In relation to this, I'd love to see a system introduced where you could offer the opponent a submission.

It isn't a problem in the normal Seasons mode as nobody really cares what their DNF is, but since people are playing for coins in UT a lot will do this if you take them to the cleaners.

I'd like if they at least added the option for a mutual finish to a game, it wouldn't have to be compulsory, but I'd certainly use it/accept it if I was winning a game easily and the alternative would be to sit waiting for the game to end.

tbh i've done this myself a couple times, its just basically the sheer level of frustration this game can give ya at times. i usually leave the room just to calm myself down before i break something again :pac: but il come back in and finish the game.

i have to agree with gilberto_eire tho that would be a good system to bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That would be good idea to be fair.

My brother was playing a game over Xmas where he was winning 5-0 at half time.

The other guy decides to waste time by taking max amount of time to kick off. Also pauses game for full 40 secs each time to bring on a sub. The best bit though is that he decides to pass it back to keeper and score OG everytime. He then showed highlights etc too.

The second half took about 30 minutes to finish but he really was taking the piss. Was something like 42-0 at end but that type of thing should be whipped out in game.

I know we all get little frustrated with game but no need to be pure Dick about it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Deleted my ultimate team just now. So sick of all the problems with it and the fifa community that goes with it. All replays, shhhh celebrations and disconnects. Just not having any fun with it so I decided to pack it in.

Just playing clubs now and its much better craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

What is the point of the intros and post match stuff? The only thing it causes is frustration.

When the team screen loads, it should go straight to the kick off. Half time, it should go straight to the menu and at full time, it should go straight to the post match menu. Honestly, people who don't skip that stuff are just dicks of the highest order.

Paul1990 wrote: »
    What is the point of the intros and post match stuff? The only thing it causes is frustration.

When the team screen loads, it should go straight to the kick off. Half time, it should go straight to the menu and at full time, it should go straight to the post match menu. Honestly, people who don't skip that stuff are just dicks of the highest order.

+1.

and cut out a few of the celebrations too. The ones that make people annoyed anyway.

• Advertisement

i hate this so much it drives me insane aswell

EA should take it out, it's needless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

They should make the user controlled celebrations for offline play only. Online they are only used by people to act the dick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

EA should take it out, it's needless.

I honestly think EA do this to appeal to the younger generation of gamers, and COD "crowd" persay. All the things like celebrations/intros/ long replays are all needless and only add to the frustrating online experience, but they refuse to take them out. At least leave them in for player matches, but ranked games are not needed.

But its nothing compared to the 30-40 seconds you used to have to wait way back with PES online around 2005/6. Remember you could move the camera anyway you want, zooming in on player faces etc and the opponent had to sit through it all. 90% of people used to leave it run for every goal, while spazzing the camera around the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Theyre annoying but then there would not be such a big feeling of satisfaction when I beat one of them. I love nothing more than getting lucky against some eejit and watching him rage. Been called everything under the sun by them, reported all of them. One guy particularly was vile using the N word and I hope his account was banned. Call me petty for reporting them, but they really should read some of the terms of service ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone seen this weeks TOTW ???

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dLZh2gGbnI8uB:pc

Market will go on a mad one later people trying to get some of those players wouldnt say no to Bale or Robben meself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Anyone seen this weeks TOTW ???

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dLZh2gGbnI8uB:pc

Market will go on a mad one later people trying to get some of those players wouldnt say no to Bale or Robben meself :pac:

bale as a cam the amount of people who will convert him to striker I wouldn't like to come up against him i'd really like to get him although his other in forms should drop in price with this new one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Bale will go four 1.5+ million no doubt. He will probably be the best striker in the game now when converted (after messi obv).

Better get myself down to the credit union tomorrow and get a loan out for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Tinie wrote: »
    Bale will go four 1.5+ million no doubt. He will probably be the best striker in the game now when converted (after messi obv).

Better get myself down to the credit union tomorrow and get a loan out for him :pac:

already a 88 bale up for 3 million with a 2 million bid i can kiss goodbye to eer getting him

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

I just had one lad send me a message offering to trade my Suarez for Benzema, i said no and i said i'd swap for Aguero instead so he then said he'd trade Ramos. So he added me as a friend and told me to put Suarez up for 500k, i got the trade offer but seen no card or coins?

I never done a trade offer before so was this lad trying to con me? Also he told me to accept and Ramos should appear.

I refused anyway cos i seen nothing on the offer side.

TheNumpty wrote: »
    I just had one lad send me a message offering to trade my Suarez for Benzema, i said no and i said i'd swap for Aguero instead so he then said he'd trade Ramos. So he added me as a friend and told me to put Suarez up for 500k, i got the trade offer but seen no card or coins?

I never done a trade offer before so was this lad trying to con me? Also he told me to accept and Ramos should appear.

I reckon ignore anyone who trys anything like this. I had the auld ill duplicate some of your players for ya mate ****e there few minutes ago......

I went on to beat him 6-1 sent him back a message saying duplicate yourself some goals there mate :-). Hes still trying to prove he can do it.

If in doubt stay out.

My brother says some his friends try to con people out. Not sure of there method but apparently it works.

Problem is its probably young kids they are taking players from which is pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Its the first scam i've come across personally, surely the guy scamming me could afford Suarez himself, his team was a La Liga Real/Barca hybrid only missing Messi. The more i think of it, the more of a prick this lad was.

TheNumpty wrote: »

met one of them 2 nites again. yer man wanted my neymar and said he give me if di natalie. i didn't bother writing back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I have now saved up 1 million coins. I currently have a Brazilian team and was trying to save up for the IF Neymar but his price just keeps going up and to be honest I think he was price fixed. I dont buy packs anymore as just in the last few days after winning Division one a few more times im still getting ****e where I just quick sell everything almost.

Anyways....with 1 million coins, can anyone recommend a team I can build from this? Bearing in mind I already have a full Brazilian team minus Neymar and Dani Alves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

joe123 wrote: »
    I have now saved up 1 million coins. I currently have a Brazilian team and was trying to save up for the IF Neymar but his price just keeps going up and to be honest I think he was price fixed. I dont buy packs anymore as just in the last few days after winning Division one a few more times im still getting ****e where I just quick sell everything almost.

Anyways....with 1 million coins, can anyone recommend a team I can build from this? Bearing in mind I already have a full Brazilian team minus Neymar and Dani Alves.
    Could easily build an 87 rated Barcelona real Madrid team with falco for around 550,000 its wat I'm using at the mo and enjoying if Pedro rm is well worth the 60,000

gotthebug wrote: »
    Could easily build an 87 rated Barcelona real Madrid team with falco for around 550,000 its wat I'm using at the mo and enjoying if Pedro rm is well worth the 60,000

Is there any good site that would let you build a team with avg cost per each player etc?

Is there any good site that would let you build a team with avg cost per each player etc?

http://www.futhead.com/

Go to the squad creator link.

What in the name of god are you trading with im cant make a profit at all

What in the name of god are you trading with im cant make a profit at all

Did a lot of trading during the first few weeks, I was building a Brazilian team so got used of certain prices so traded Patos, Robinhos and Santana's and the like.

Havent done any trading in ages. Ive won a fair few division 1's though at this stage so ya get 8.5k for that and then usually a load of ****e from the pack! :D

Traded contracts for a while too.

Anyone got any recommendations for good players? (ultimate team wise) Is making a hybrid team pointless as the chemistry will be too low?

Im playing a 4-3-2-1 formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Try IF Matri, hes been lethal for me. Over a goal a game. Everyone who wants 1m coins, trust me when you have that much you only want more. So Addictive, at around 1.2m and I dont plan on going below until at least TOTS. Trading during TOTY was the time to trade, made over 300k in a week. Trading converted players in formations too, eg. Sinclair LM 41212. I made a killing off of him

Did a lot of trading during the first few weeks, I was building a Brazilian team so got used of certain prices so traded Patos, Robinhos and Santana's and the like.

Havent done any trading in ages. Ive won a fair few division 1's though at this stage so ya get 8.5k for that and then usually a load of ****e from the pack! :D

Traded contracts for a while too.

Anyone got any recommendations for good players? (ultimate team wise) Is making a hybrid team pointless as the chemistry will be too low?

Im playing a 4-3-2-1 formation.

Id say go on futhead and look at the players i find its good to read user reviews as well.
    http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/?page=1&sort=vote_sum&direction=descending&filter-fields%5B%5D=select&filter-comparators%5B%5D=e&filter-values%5B%5D=

See that link thats the top rated players from users of the game u can go threw different categories as well i have used this site since i started playing and its great for picking out players.

Saying that though different players suit different teams and player types. I hate Balotelli even though hes rated as fav player in game according to that site. I personally think Robin Van Persie is the best forward in the game 109 goals in 107 games for me speaks for itself lol.

I have 93 players that i bough at discount prices around January which means i can just make random teams and try different things over and over. I also find alot of IF cards aint worth it would even go as far as saying most of the normal cards are much better.

Again though there are some great IF cards David Luiz in CDM for example perfect player.

I reckon play around with different players and systems its best part of playing UT :-) I couldnt imagine playing with one team for good.

Saying that though different players suit different teams and player types. I hate Balotelli even though hes rated as fav player in game according to that site. I personally think Robin Van Persie is the best forward in the game 109 goals in 107 games for me speaks for itself lol.

Agree on Van Persie. He has 75 goals in 69 games for me. I thought pace was everything in UT but Van Persie changed my mind.

Agree on Van Persie. He has 75 goals in 69 games for me. I thought pace was everything in UT but Van Persie changed my mind.
    Play him up front with someone pacey I use Agureo or however spell his name for example. Saying that though alot of the time I find van persie ain't even slow his dribbling makes up for lack of straight out pace

• Advertisement

Play him up front with someone pacey I use Agureo or however spell his name for example. Saying that though alot of the time I find van persie ain't even slow his dribbling makes up for lack of straight out pace

i use these two up front and there brilliant together. i also find vp is unreal for in crossing the ball into the box,

Advertisement