Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

i use these two up front and there brilliant together. i also find vp is unreal for in crossing the ball into the box,

He is great all round at holding up the ball and assisting forward play.

Another player or two that are priceless if have money are Dede and Thigo Sliva. Dede has scored more then 20 goals just from corners for me and both of them are so quick and strong in defence. I've lost count of the amount of times I've tracked back forwards on there way to goal with either of those two won the ball back and played it straight back up front!!

Going forward from defence they are great also cause there strong and quick and you would be seriously surprised at there shooting! Scored from more than 20 yards a few times with either player.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Here's another weird thing that happened to me, playing this lad and he was meant to have the RM away kit and he turns out in this kit haha!

20130301140218.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

He is great all round at holding up the ball and assisting forward play.

Another player or two that are priceless if have money are Dede and Thigo Sliva. Dede has scored more then 20 goals just from corners for me and both of them are so quick and strong in defence. I've lost count of the amount of times I've tracked back forwards on there way to goal with either of those two won the ball back and played it straight back up front!!

Going forward from defence they are great also cause there strong and quick and you would be seriously surprised at there shooting! Scored from more than 20 yards a few times with either player.

i had dede in my brazilian side alright he was class, never had silva. cost way too much and useless at trading. sold most of my brazil players and want to make a new one. still have neymar so dont know what formation to use

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

i had dede in my brazilian side alright he was class, never had silva. cost way too much and useless at trading. sold most of my brazil players and want to make a new one. still have neymar so dont know what formation to use

Trading is actually pretty easy if you just spend a bit of time on it. Just find a part of the market not being exploited and you're golden. I don't do infinite or anything but just logging onto the web app two or three times a day lets me generate about 15-20k a day. I've only being using it for the last two weeks or so and i've gone from a no inform main team to the one below...

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#ihfy8C40R1s:360

Have one or two other squads but thats the one i enjoy the most. Saving for IF Torres at the moment to put up top. And i'll prob eventually try to get SIF Bale too. That will take a little while tho. Has anyone played with the Inform Sagna? Is he any good? Luiz is obv amazing but his high attk workrate can be a pain sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just one thing I don't get is IF players.

Why does IF sell for nearly five times the price in some cases?

I know their stats go up by one in each but it's only rated extra point overall.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Bit of noob on this one I will admit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I know their stats go up by one in each but it's only rated extra point overall.

Low supply and high demand.

Generally their in game stats go up pretty high too. Not just the 6 stats on the card itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

The stats on the cards don't really tell the full picture it's just like an overview and a combined total of certain attributes.

Check out players on www.futhead.com and you can see pretty much every stat for most players including the in forms and then you can actually see how much certain players stats have increased.

Fot instance on Kompany's normal card it says his pace is 74. His acceleration is 69 and his sprint speed is 77. That's why over short distances you might think to yourself, theres no way he has 74 pace! Always best to check out the full stats before buying I find.

Ah I see. Thanks to both for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Bought the inform Reus 86. Mother of god hes amazing. Fits nicely into my Brazilian team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I got RVP to accompany Aguero.

• Advertisement

Now I might have been only eejet who did not know this so apoligise if ye all knew it.

Basically my mate gave me this tip on how to win more headers on Xbox.

So if ball is been crossed in from open play or corner quickly tap B(Shoot button) as ball is coming and then press B again, but keep button down this time. Your player really goes much higher in air and have won far more headers.

Before I scored odd header here and there, but nothing special. Now I say I am scoring a goal from this situation in every game. Its not "sure way to get goal" type of tip but I be surprised if somebody who has not used it does not find it better. The cross is important too of course.

It might help somebody who struggles to score from Headers so hope it helps someone.

Hope it makes sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Tinie wrote: »

So stupid but I laughed so much.

''I'ma get my Bale and nothin' can stop George.''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Opened up 9 or 10 packs during happy hour. I got Cleverley (who I can't even get 400 coins for), 4 times. I'm stalked by him & Storari. I think I've gotten them 6 or 7 times each.

The best player from all of packs those is worth about 800 coins. In about 70 packs the most I've ever gotten from a player is 2100, and that was from my starter pack before the game came out.

Managed to win Division 1 again on Saturday. Very tired of coming up against Ronaldo & Aguero. I played two guys in a row with them, literally every time he got the ball, it was a through ball over the top to one of them.

There are a lot of teams that are full of IFs. How could you possibly afford IF Alba, IF Ramos, Alves, IF Ozil, Aguero, Ronaldo, etc? Never mind all of them together.

Rooney10 wrote: »

There are a lot of teams that are full of IFs. How could you possibly afford IF Alba, IF Ramos, Alves, IF Ozil, Aguero, Ronaldo, etc? Never mind all of them together.

I was thinking the same. Not everyone can be lucky in packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Opened up 9 or 10 packs during happy hour. I got Cleverley (who I can't even get 400 coins for), 4 times. I'm stalked by him & Storari. I think I've gotten them 6 or 7 times each.

The best player from all of packs those is worth about 800 coins. In about 70 packs the most I've ever gotten from a player is 2100, and that was from my starter pack before the game came out.

Managed to win Division 1 again on Saturday. Very tired of coming up against Ronaldo & Aguero. I played two guys in a row with them, literally every time he got the ball, it was a through ball over the top to one of them.

Storari is a great keeper, try him :P People can play this 24/7 and trading can be easy, especially early on. Getting good deals before server maintenance seems to be a big one too

You should have seen the team I played on PC there last week.
    He had only two players who weren't IF's and that was Ramos and Casilles (I think)

Had the likes of Blaszkowski, Torres, Pepe, Marcelo etc.
    It was a complete waste of time playing him as it was impossible to even get a shot off, the amount of auto tackling and pin point passing from his team was headwrecking.

On a seperate note, when a new cup appears on console is it timed?
    I remember last year there was an expiration timer.
    Was in the middle of that El Classico tournament on PC and it expired before I could play the final.

I was getting a notice it was gone in an hour from the 1/4 final stage and I went for tea after the semi but there's no way it was a full hour from the time I first saw the notice till expiration.
    A bloody timer wouldn't kill them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

I've come across a player twice on ps3 who mostly had team of the year players. He also had IF Ronaldo and Messi. The only players he didn't have IF were David Silva and Robben. Twice I beat him and twice he quit before the end. I messaged him after the first game saying "How the **** did you ever get a team like that??" and he just replied "lol"

New cup:

Hexagon(6 different leagues in starting 11) so its time to break out the bog standard Brazil teams :D

I was thinking of putting this side together http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/6824018/

It's not very creative, but I quite like the front 3 players irl, Neymar, Eto'o, McGeady. I'd get much better chemistry if I put Hulk instead of McGeady, but I cross the ball a lot, and I don't like left footed players on the right.

Actually, I think it qualifies for the Hexagon Cup (Brazil, Russia, English, German, Spanish, American), although that's just fluke...

I only have 100,000 coins at the moment, so I probably won't be able to afford to put it together before the cup expires.

Anyone know how long those tournaments stay around for?

• Advertisement

this was put up on ea's twitter page

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA Favourite! 1 million reasons to play Ultimate Team this weekend. #FUTUnited More details soon... pic.twitter.com/aJwn4Q4eLJ
    Details

this was put up on ea's twitter page

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA Favourite! 1 million reasons to play Ultimate Team this weekend. #FUTUnited More details soon... pic.twitter.com/aJwn4Q4eLJ
    Details

Yep seen it early on ill have to keep an eye on it come the weekend. If its yet another way to make money they can **** right off!!

Yep seen it early on ill have to keep an eye on it come the weekend. If its yet another way to make money they can **** right off!!

No doubt it is, but to be fair, I don't mind putting in the occasional few quid in. I literally get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of FIFA across the entire year.

Even if I stick 15 or 20 quid into FUT, along with the cost of the game, it probably works out at about 50 cent per hour across the 12 months of the year.

Compare that with going bowling, etc. It's not bad value. I don't think I'll buy the ultimate edition of FIFA 14 though.... you get nothing in those pre-order packs.

Plus, I wonder what the story will be with FIFA 14 and next-gen.

No doubt it is, but to be fair, I don't mind putting in the occasional few quid in. I literally get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of FIFA across the entire year.

Even if I stick 15 or 20 quid into FUT, along with the cost of the game, it probably works out at about 50 cent per hour across the 12 months of the year.

Compare that with going bowling, etc. It's not bad value. I don't think I'll buy the ultimate edition of FIFA 14 though.... you get nothing in those pre-order packs.

Plus, I wonder what the story will be with FIFA 14 and next-gen.

Every second thing these release revolves around money for most people. The amount of money people spend on packs is crazy. I throw the odd tenner on the account if im doing nothing else the weekend. Some people spend least 100 every week i imagine. Far as im concerned u shouldnt have to pay for anything apart from the game you should earn things based on actually playing the game.

People putting huge amounts of money into it get an unfair advantage thats how you see some of these ones with all the top IF and TOTY cards its not always trading.

Every second thing these release revolves around money for most people. The amount of money people spend on packs is crazy. I throw the odd tenner on the account if im doing nothing else the weekend. Some people spend least 100 every week i imagine. Far as im concerned u shouldnt have to pay for anything apart from the game you should earn things based on actually playing the game.

People putting huge amounts of money into it get an unfair advantage thats how you see some of these ones with all the top IF and TOTY cards its not always trading.

just seen that its happy hour double chance in the standard packs so i brought 6 packs. 3 x 5k and 3 x 7.5 packs. best i got was f**king welbeck and a s**te load of contracts.

juck F**k u ea :pac:

FIFA says no.....f*ck sake.

20130305_191924_thumb.jpg

FIFA says no.....f*ck sake.

20130305_191924_thumb.jpg

i hate when that happens

I was off today as had exam and im off work tomorrow as they think I deserve it after all the hard study.:D Exam went nicely as I expected.

So decided to play few games today. Was on a 2-1-0 start so happy enough. Ended up going into last game needing draw to win Div 1 and won 3-1 finishing on a 7-2-1.

So won Div 1 twice now. To some that may not be great but I was delighted.

That tip for headers I got from mate has been immense for me now. Not struggling in Div 1 anymore as I used to.

Now I just have win that freaking cup. Wont get play till Friday but into semi. If I lose another final I will rage:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Anybody have Messi in there team was thinking of buying him but I don't know if he is worth the 1.2 million

I'm making a new team any suggestions for a good pair if strikers I was looking at ibrahimovic but don't want to spend 500k to find out if he is that good

• Advertisement

cintec wrote: »
    Anybody have Messi in there team was thinking of buying him but I don't know if he is worth the 1.2 million

I'm making a new team any suggestions for a good pair if strikers I was looking at ibrahimovic but don't want to spend 500k to find out if he is that good

Jovitic s IF is good i got it in a pack and scored fair few for me as a second half impact sub.

Klose IF is meant to be great so ive heard as well.

Depends really what kinda STs your looking for really i always pair off an out and out pacey goal scorer with a not so pacey one there link up perfect.

Advertisement