Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Jovitic s IF is good i got it in a pack and scored fair few for me as a second half impact sub.

Klose IF is meant to be great so ive heard as well.

Depends really what kinda STs your looking for really i always pair off an out and out pacey goal scorer with a not so pacey one there link up perfect.

I'm not a fan of informs tbh you pay 5-10 times the amount for a player who can't be 5 times better than the non in form.

I like a striker with pace and a slower better skiller striker bit like rvp and hernandez although i'm sick of BPL teams i find them boring

I was thinking of Ibra and remy/ reus and lewandowski/ pato and ballotelli.

I'm 200k away from this team
    http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/6918442/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

cintec wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of informs tbh you pay 5-10 times the amount for a player who can't be 5 times better than the non in form.

I like a striker with pace and a slower better skiller striker bit like rvp and hernandez although i'm sick of BPL teams i find them boring

I was thinking of Ibra and remy/ reus and lewandowski/ pato and ballotelli.

I'm 200k away from this team
    http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/6918442/

When u mentioned if originally i taught u meant IF :P.

That team motto and pastore wouldnt be my cup of tea.

There are a ton of great strikers in this game. I could go on all day with ones ive tried and scored loads with. Miccoli Di Natalie Reus Wellington Van Persie Aguero Sturridge etc.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This is very, very strange. I've only ever played 3 seasons in Division 1 and I've won 3 titles.

In each of the three seasons all the following happened, exactly in this order:

- I've ended up with a record of 3-2-0 after 5 games.
    - Then I win 3 in a row, bringing me to 6-2-0 (a total of 20 points, one needed to win the title).
    - That means two games left, and only need 1 point to win it. Game 9, I get a loss (the lad in game 9 this past season only had a silver team, but I literally couldn't get the ball without a foul being called, or it rebounding to another player...I tackled him four times in a row, and each time the ball kept rebounding to him. I couldn't string two passes together on the rare occasions I did get it).
    - Game 10, I win and end up winning the title on 23 points.

What are the odds that the season pans out the exact same way three times in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rooney10 wrote: »
    This is very, very strange. I've only ever played 3 seasons in Division 1 and I've won 3 titles.

In each of the three seasons all the following happened, exactly in this order:

- I've ended up with a record of 3-2-0 after 5 games.
    - Then I win 3 in a row, bringing me to 6-2-0 (a total of 20 points, one needed to win the title).
    - That means two games left, and only need 1 point to win it. Game 9, I get a loss (the lad in game 9 this past season only had a silver team, but I literally couldn't get the ball without a foul being called, or it rebounding to another player...I tackled him four times in a row, and each time the ball kept rebounding to him. I couldn't string two passes together on the rare occasions I did get it).
    - Game 10, I win and end up winning the title on 23 points.

What are the odds that the season pans out the exact same way three times in a row?

Fair play. You must be good if can win Division in 3 from 3.

actually speaking of Silver teams 2 things I notice when play them.

Either that player has put attribute cards onto the team or EA seems to try equal out the sides.

I notice when I play silver teams which is rare that my players lose ball easier and seem to move out of position for no reason.

I noticed it first when I had my Centre backs way up field leaving him free run on goal with nobody within 20 yards of player. I would not mind but I don't pressure and never happens in other games as I always have High defensive work rates for CB and low/medium attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

noticed that too, each time Ive won it it always goes to the last game no matter how hard I try in the previous game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know they'll deny it, but I do think EA balances teams out. I've had more success with my Silver Irish and Silver Russian teams than I have with any of my gold teams...

They should get rid of attribute cards too.

On good run again in Div 1 but came up against a lad who had 79 pace right back able to outpace Hazard.

He also had players taking shots way outside box everytime going out for corner.

His defenders and Goalkeeper were doing crazy things too. Sometimes you just know you're not going to win.

It was the same with FUT last year. I had 20 loses total, about 5 were getting disconnected from the EA servers, 4 or 5 to gold teams, and the rest were to silver teams.

Most when I got to a cup final, I'd be up against a silver team, and suddenly, my team is totally incapable of passing the ball, and I get many fouls against me for cleanly winning standing tackles. I actually preferred being up against a full team of gold IFs than silvers. It's like my team feel like the team of silvers against a team of golds.

It could be a real problem, a bit like in FUT10 where the chemistry system was broken, enough people complained and they found a real issue with it.

The lad I played last night had a silver team with 70 chemistry but my team are totally incapable of doing anything....really odd.

Finally finally finally won Gold Cup after my 6th attempt in final.

It was 2-2 after FT and ended up 4-3 aet.

I took lead each time only for him to respond.

I was better player but I made harder work of it then I should.

Only 1 point away from winning Div 1 again too with game to go.

Hope get game in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Win 1 game this weekend and you are entered into a draw for coins or a manchester derby game think i'd prefer the coins

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/futunited

• Advertisement

cintec wrote: »
    Win 1 game this weekend and you are entered into a draw for coins or a manchester derby game think i'd prefer the coins

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/futunited

Not applicable in Ireland unfortuneatly, check the Ts and Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

TheGunns wrote: »
    Not applicable in Ireland unfortuneatly, check the Ts and Cs

please tell me your joking?? :(:eek: i was sure they were counting ireland under united kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Just the tickets prize or the million coins prize too?

please tell me your joking?? :(:eek: i was sure they were counting ireland under united kingdom

I wouldnt think theyd do that, not sure though. Ill go check on the forum and post back here

I know they'll deny it, but I do think EA balances teams out. I've had more success with my Silver Irish and Silver Russian teams than I have with any of my gold teams...

They've outright banned threads on Momentum on their forums.

I think too much goes against you to put it down to luck, like I've played lads who continiously hit long ground passes out of a crowded penalty area to the strikers feet time after time.
    Whereas in a game I feel is scripted, not alone does every tackle see the ball go back to one of his players but your passes(ones to players you can even see on screen) seem to just keep going astray.

TheGunns wrote: »
    I wouldnt think theyd do that, not sure though. Ill go check on the forum and post back here

sound thanks :)

They've outright banned threads on Momentum on their forums.

I think too much goes against you to put it down to luck, like I've played lads who continiously hit long ground passes out of a crowded penalty area to the strikers feet time after time.
    Whereas in a game I feel is scripted, not alone does every tackle see the ball go back to one of his players but your passes(ones to players you can even see on screen) seem to just keep going astray.

The game at times is clearly scripted for and against. Ive said this many times in here and to other people but alot of the time your playing a game online in UT you can tell after a while into a game no matter what the score is weather your gonna win or lose.
    For me i find they give me a run where i win games one after one then i go on a run of having no luck what so ever and lose games one after one weather i deserved to or not.

This is main reason im yet to win division 1!!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What does IF mean?

Melion wrote: »
    What does IF mean?

In form as in a player from the team of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Melion wrote: »
    What does IF mean?

In form. Every week EA pick a team of players who played well and give them In Form cards. They boost the cards attributes slightly and are different in colour.

• Advertisement

The game at times is clearly scripted for and against. Ive said this many times in here and to other people but alot of the time your playing a game online in UT you can tell after a while into a game no matter what the score is weather your gonna win or lose.
    For me i find they give me a run where i win games one after one then i go on a run of having no luck what so ever and lose games one after one weather i deserved to or not.

I have won Div 1 on 3 occasions now and everytime the last game was the easiest.

Especially the first time I won it everything went my way. Now on each occasion I think I was better player but I always felt I got the 50/50 decisions and breaking balls.

It works both ways too. Played game today and got nothing. He got extremely soft penalty and I wanted my keeper to stay in centre. Instead my Goalkeeper dives to left and he shoots straight down middle. I hit crossbar twice and post too.

Everyone has been EA'd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I agree at times you will play games where it feels as your players are stuck in the mud, passes going astray etc. Its not as bad as some are making out though.

Ive won a ton of Divison 1 titles at this stage. People make more of scripting because they might get frustrated and then start playing poorly and blame everything at that stage.

If it makes any difference and some of you can try it to see if it helps, I continuously swap players, even if they are still in the 90's fitness wise. I never use attribute cards or fitness cards to improve stats/fitness.

If im playing in a match and say, Bastos all of a sudden cant string a pass together, Il just drop him for the next few games. I think myself when I chop and change my starting line up I do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Have a fairly solid prem league team with 200,000 coins and wondering are there any if worth getting and if agger and think he is class but anymore worth getting

gotthebug wrote: »
    Have a fairly solid prem league team with 200,000 coins and wondering are there any if worth getting and if agger and think he is class but anymore worth getting

If you can get Mario at Man City card then he is worth getting. Absolute beast and not worth too many coins.

Torres is another.

gotthebug wrote: »

IF david luiz :) (cdm)

I agree.

On PC where I play now, my normal seasons record is about 68-12-3
    The first loss came as West Ham against Arsenal(mismatch but since it was D9 I gave it a go) and then I went about 50 games unbeaten whereas in UT you can't keep that level ratio up.
    I've yet to notice any scripting in the normal game mode, you don't feel as though somethings pulling for or against you.
    If you have 60% possession and the majority of the chances you'll win your games.

I'm done with UT after today anyway.

I just went a 3rd consecutive game getting raped, with that and the ridicules amount of cheaters I've had enough.
    The majority of the community are farming coins at your expense.

I lost 6 bloody contracts trying to play the FUT tournament, 1 in the first round and 5 trying to play the final..... then I finally get a game and lose like that to some chump just annoys me too much.
    I'm selling my coins and moving back to normal seasons(you literally can't play UT seasons on PC, though you can tab out to save contracts. There's never anyone in the silver cup and meeting cheaters in later rounds of the weekly cups is fairly common meaning you can't tab out as you'll be put back to the first round).

With the level of cheating on PC, the top end players prices are blown extortionately high in comparison to the consoles. So the entire mode is a waste of time.

Just won my fourth Division 1 title in a row. Game 9 is always a complete write off though...I've gotten disconnected during it twice and lost the other two when it feels like I can't do anything.

Did anyone try the FUTUnited cup? Got to the final, beating a load of people with IF players, and an Irish guy with Messi, Aguero and friends, by the skin of my teeth.

Got to the final, got disconnected at the loading screen and I got kicked out of it....I wouldn't mind although each of the three games to get there were against really good players with unreal teams....

Just won my fourth Division 1 title in a row. Game 9 is always a complete write off though...I've gotten disconnected during it twice and lost the other two when it feels like I can't do anything.

Did anyone try the FUTUnited cup? Got to the final, beating a load of people with IF players, and an Irish guy with Messi, Aguero and friends, by the skin of my teeth.

Got to the final, got disconnected at the loading screen and I got kicked out of it....I wouldn't mind although each of the three games to get there were against really good players with unreal teams....

got to semis 3 times and gave up after that, always came up against mental teams but i didn't meet one Brazilian team which i was surprised at

Opened up 9 or 10 packs during happy hour. I got Cleverley (who I can't even get 400 coins for), 4 times. I'm stalked by him & Storari. I think I've gotten them 6 or 7 times each.

Instead of opening packs I should just go buy Tom bastarding Cleverley from the marketplace.

Got him again for the 8th time in a few weeks in the pack for winning D1. It always pops up down the side "Found a player from your favourite club"...RVP? Vidic? Rooney?

No...no...it's Cleverley again.....:mad:

• Advertisement

got to semis 3 times and gave up after that, always came up against mental teams but i didn't meet one Brazilian team which i was surprised at

I guess the 6K prize for 4 games and the chance of 1 million coins brings out the unreal teams. First time I've seen Messi in FUT13. Not sure why Ireland were excluded from that giveaway.

Advertisement