Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

TheGunns wrote: »
    Most important for you defense is for your 2 CB to have the same workrates, if different they'll become disjointed. I usually do the same with my fullback as it avoids things becoming lopsided

Agree with this. That backline in the picture has workrates all over the place.

Marcelo (high-medium) Ramos (high-high) Pepe (medium-high) Alves (high-low)

But it's probably still brilliant just because of the pace of the players. Fast defenders are God in this mode. Just look at David Luiz....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My CB have to have High defense and low attacking work rate. Full stop.

It amazing what custom tactics can do too. I have copied the Real Madrid tactic to my Ultimate Team and I love it. Just tweaked the pressure to lower as I like to standoff attacks and helps against Lob Ball abusers.

Bit more exposed at back alright but attacking wise very solid and much more chances. Games are more open too which is better for me and player I'm against. I actually don't mind getting beat as much playing it even.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah Alves is always getting caught out unfortunately so Pereira is in there now for 160k less or so too and Casillas intead of Diego Alves

I was messing with custom tactics and that team was based on Madrid too funny enough and copied the Madrid tactics last night and tried to set the defence deep to avoid counters but happening quite a bit still 4-4-1-1 isn't a bad idea since gives the option to get proper LM/RM's

Finding it hard to find the balance of players and formation I'm sticking with this season

How do you set custom tactics in Ultimate Team?

Paul1990 wrote: »
    How do you set custom tactics in Ultimate Team?

Hope this makes sense.

Go to main menu
    Go to customise FIFA and then go edit teams
    Now go to team management
    Choose team
    Then go to custom tactics

Now you can adjust tactics for what you want.
    Once happy you can save it by clicking save button which is x on Xbox for me

Once saved you want get out of custom tactics and go into quick tactics menu

Now you can select the tactic here by pressing either of the four and replacing it with your tactic.

In the game itself you just need press down on d pad and 4 options will come up. Press the tactic you saved and that tactic works for entire game unless you change it.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Hope this makes sense.

Go to main menu
    Go to customise FIFA and then go edit teams
    Now go to team management
    Choose team
    Then go to custom tactics

Now you can adjust tactics for what you want.
    Once happy you can save it by clicking save button which is x on Xbox for me

Once saved you want get out of custom tactics and go into quick tactics menu

Now you can select the tactic here by pressing either of the four and replacing it with your tactic.

In the game itself you just need press down on d pad and 4 options will come up. Press the tactic you saved and that tactic works for entire game unless you change it.

Hope this helps.

Oh right. I never knew you could apply those tactics in Ultimate Team.

Handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Fed up feeling the sciptness of the game or playing against just ahole players in D3. Won the first game in the Division happy days, 2nd game the guy tips off and plays the ball back to his defense and just keeps playing it between them, I left him to it half of the half was just the 2 of us standing still I mean how can anyone enjoy that? I don't think I touched the ball in the first half it was insane. I barely even moved. Then he beat me 1-0 he was a good player just redicloious that he stood there for the whole half.

3rd game playing against some fast players basically (Don't get me wrong I have them too) ball to Theo Walcott who just runs past everyone, then shhhhh celebration.

Just played the 4th game there and from the 5th minute I knew I was going to lose the ball was just bouncing off my players and through to his, crazy physics on the ball at times. Anyway he goes 2-0 up I manage to get back to 2-2 still know I am going to lose .. 3-2 to him.. 3-3 then 4-3 to him, he seemed alright not his fault but its just madness how you know you are not going to win cause of how the game plays itself it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Fed up feeling the sciptness of the game or playing against just ahole players in D3. Won the first game in the Division happy days, 2nd game the guy tips off and plays the ball back to his defense and just keeps playing it between them, I left him to it half of the half was just the 2 of us standing still I mean how can anyone enjoy that? I don't think I touched the ball in the first half it was insane. I barely even moved. Then he beat me 1-0 he was a good player just redicloious that he stood there for the whole half.

3rd game playing against some fast players basically (Don't get me wrong I have them too) ball to Theo Walcott who just runs past everyone, then shhhhh celebration.

Just played the 4th game there and from the 5th minute I knew I was going to lose the ball was just bouncing off my players and through to his, crazy physics on the ball at times. Anyway he goes 2-0 up I manage to get back to 2-2 still know I am going to lose .. 3-2 to him.. 3-3 then 4-3 to him, he seemed alright not his fault but its just madness how you know you are not going to win cause of how the game plays itself it seems.

Ohhhh believe me i feel your pain i know all about nearly everything you have mentioned above!!! :pac:

Its got to the stage where i have put so much into this game yet im kinda not arsed turning it on to do anything lately other then check out packs or the market.

Ohhhh believe me i feel your pain i know all about nearly everything you have mentioned above!!! :pac:

Its got to the stage where i have put so much into this game yet im kinda not arsed turning it on to do anything lately other then check out packs or the market.

Thank god its not just me being a moan. Aw its a killer like that game at the end I clawed back I still knew he was going to win, it was a killer. I have a brilliant team who just fall to pieces most of the time.

The only thing worse than sore losers is douche winners! Winning a couple of games in a row helps a lot

• Advertisement

Thank god its not just me being a moan. Aw its a killer like that game at the end I clawed back I still knew he was going to win, it was a killer. I have a brilliant team who just fall to pieces most of the time.

Ive had players message me saying how **** did u lose so bad with a team like that :pac:

Go ask EA....

My typical starting 11 is normally.

Sirigu

Dede Thiago Silva Kompany

Valencia Yaya (Defensive Mid) IF David Luiz (Defensive Mid) Nani

Rooney

Van persie Aguero

My bench at the moment has IF Jovitec Robben Reus Wellington IF Ronaldinho......

Then i have another 80 odd top players i make teams out of.

You can imagine so when im losing games to players with very very average teams that im like ahh **** this.....

Ive had players message me saying how **** did u lose so bad with a team like that :pac:

Go ask EA....

My typical starting 11 is normally.

Sirigu

Dede Thiago Silva Kompany

Valencia Yaya (Defensive Mid) IF David Luiz (Defensive Mid) Nani

Rooney

Van persie Aguero

My bench at the moment has IF Jovitec Robben Reus Wellington IF Ronaldinho......

Then i have another 80 odd top players i make teams out of.

You can imagine so when im losing games to players with very very average teams that im like ahh **** this.....

Yeah my players vary but Ive settled for,

Reina
    Johnson - Agger -Shawcross - Baines
    Gerrard (Trained DM)
    Walcott
    Young
    Juan Mata

Torres
    Suarez

Foster or Szczesny covers Reina
    Then I have Terry, Taylor, Agger, Dawson, Jones, Kolarov, Enrique, Santon, Denuchuy and Kelly to cover the back
    Have Lucas to cover Gerrard, Lennon to cover Walcott, Robinho for Young, Coutinho for Mata.
    Adebayor to cover the front line (as well as a few average players)

Kills me to lose to an average player with an all Ecuadorian side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Should be ways to distinguish whether connection is lost or whether opponent just quits the game.
    Don't like bollocking around for first 5 minutes if I'm tip off, knowing if I do score he'll just leave the game.

Head-wrecking people passing the ball back time-wasting as soon as they score too, really bad form...
    Nothing you can do and technically not in the wrong but it makes for really **** playing...

My team isn't the strongest, waste all my money on packs where I never get anything, but team itself is doing alright.
    Can get decent European players for very cheap,
    Saying that, most of my players I picked up pretty cheap.

Have Subs and Reserves filled and operate squad rotation whenever fitness dips to around 70.

Team at the top of my head is:

GK: Akinfeev-84
    Def: Baines-80 Abidal-78 Nesta-82 Mascherano-86 Mertesacker-81 Pizczek-82 Walker-78
    Mid: Milner-80 Fellaini-81 Moutinho-84 Marchisio-84 Montolivo-83
    CF: Cassano-85 Sneijder-87 (Mod)
    Str: Klose-83 Higuain-85 Huntelaar-85

Formation 4-3-1-2 I think,
    Got me to top of both divisions anyway,
    Have good and bad matches with them,
    Keeper's very temperamental,
    84 Russian lad but he's let some horrid goals in,
    And is chronic with corners...

Otherwise it's a pretty strong team,
    Constantly trying to strengthen defense as it's the weakest so far but might get save up and get a top striker or midfielder next,
    CF's have been top notch, never seem to let me down so pointless replacing them..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Should be ways to distinguish whether connection is lost or whether opponent just quits the game.
    Don't like bollocking around for first 5 minutes if I'm tip off, knowing if I do score he'll just leave the game.

It doesn't seem to apply in FUT seasons. I quit one game after two mins because it was ridiculously laggy and I got the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Rooney10 wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to apply in FUT seasons. I quit one game after two mins because it was ridiculously laggy and I got the loss.

I had several people quit before the 5 min and it never counted as a game played I lost 1 contract per player though.

I dont think it matters on FUT.

If you go 1-0 up and he quits, you win. You may not get as many coins and lose contract but you should get 3 points.

If the game is very laggy, welcome the other player quitting.

I know it doesn't count when you're playing Clubs,
    Don't remember now with UT,
    Assumed it was the same..

I don't know. For me anyways, it was 0-0 when I quit after 2 mins due to lag. It went down as a loss for me.

Then again, I was losing 1-0 at half time. The game ended and I got the loss too (didn't lose connection to Xbox live or the EA servers). 45 mins, boom, game over. And the other day I was 2-0 up, the guy had a man sent off, quit, and I didn't get the win.

I seem to get screwed over a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

you always get the loss if you quit no matter what the score
    you get the win if you're winning and they quit (unless it glitches)
    game doesn't count if its drawing and they quit
    you're losing and they quit then game is either a loss or doesn't count (not entirely sure on this one)

This is what is meant to happen, but the game does glitch a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Something I hadn't noticed before. They have programmed commentary for players real life birthdays.

It's Torres' birthday today and I have him in my ultimate team so martin tyler wished him a happy birthday during my game :P.

It's a small thing but it made me smile. I wonder how many players have that.

• Advertisement

Say it glitches quite a bit for myself too...
    Other player quit and I was winning and needed to win last 3 games to win cup,
    He exited out and just counted as a draw/loss cos said stayed in division..

Noticed birthday thing the other day actually,
    Think it was Sniejder,
    Nice touch :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This was in FIFA 12 as well - its a nice little touch to have in there alright. They mention things like bonfire night too.

Kirby wrote: »
    Something I hadn't noticed before. They have programmed commentary for players real life birthdays.

It's Torres' birthday today and I have him in my ultimate team so martin tyler wished him a happy birthday during my game :P.

It's a small thing but it made me smile. I wonder how many players have that.

I've heard it for a bunch of players, but usually it's something generic. I presume it applies to any player that has a D.O.B listed in game.

Like on St. Patrick's day, when Kagawa got the ball and they said something generic like "here he is on the ball, working hard for his team on his birthday".

It's a nice touch.

Got totw Courtois, going for around 30-40k.

Couldn't have given me Hazard, EA? I would've lived like a king....

Daniel Agger has been suspended for 1 game for about 10 games now. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Daniel Agger has been suspended for 1 game for about 10 games now. Very annoying.

Make sure he's in your active squads reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Getting a pain in my rocks with the scripting. Totally unable to pass properly, ball bouncing off players, penos given for nothing and every team has 5 at the back. I'm taking a break off it for a week. The arseholes are getting worse on it.

Played the biggest douche the other day... He got a goal up and passed it around for about 50 minutes with just shouting over the mic then a ridiculous laugh for 2 minutes after the game followed by a "ahahah" message

I just sent him a message back saying "good game" and he shut up and left

stuff like that is just bad form... No point in getting annoyed though over some 12 year old kid somewhere over the other side of the world karma will get them eventually

Really diggin' this current squad with a 4-2-3-1... short nice passing and movement and a lot of decent play with more crossing than usual...

Casillas

Pereira - Pepe - Ramos - IF Monreal

Xavi - IF Medel/Alonso

Modric - IF Higuain - Ozil

Falcao/Benzema

The passing is so slick and elegant with some nice custom tactics... not the paciest squad but some tasty goals going in... Lacks a small but of pace though and mostly get shafted from a few goals from pace abusers but all in all it's rather nice... IF Monreal and Medel are amazing

This game is just going against me now. I lose 2 games in a row, okay that's no big deal, but each time the scoreline is 3-2, again that's no big deal, but all 6 goals that I conceded in those two matches came from rebounds off the post.

6 bloody goals in two games that came off a post and were tapped in. There is scripting in this game.

• Advertisement

****ing sick of this. Went whole season division 1 unbeaten needed two points from last two games. First game servers cut me off sign me out lose it 3-0 on dnf second game I clearly dominated him nearly double amount of shots every shot he took was on target he beat me 3-2. Just not on i don't mind losing when I deserve to but ****ing sick of this everytime.

Advertisement