Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Paul1990 wrote: »
    This game is just going against me now. I lose 2 games in a row, okay that's no big deal, but each time the scoreline is 3-2, again that's no big deal, but all 6 goals that I conceded in those two matches came from rebounds off the post.

6 bloody goals in two games that came off a post and were tapped in. There is scripting in this game.

I don't know if you could blame it on scripting your opponent could equally say all his shots hit the post instead of going straight in like they used to.

There may be scripting in the game I doubt it is happening so much just because you have a bad game you can't just put it down to scripting,

I just played a silver/bronze pace hybrid and went 3-0 down in the first half and started to think like most that it was scripting and i was going to lose however I scored 4 second half goals this wouldn't disprove scripting he may have just had a good first half and me a good second half.

I have read on the EA forums that there is something called ELO they way they explained it was say for every win you get 1 point eventually the game matches you up with players with similar ELO ratings so while you may have won 14 games in a row you won't be playing the same weak opposition and will find wins harder.

I don't fully believe in scripting I think people just like to moan, if your player didn't have perfect chemistry then you would blame that or the guy had a pace whore team.

You can't prove or disprove scripting as EA have denied it is in FIFA 13 1 person started talking about scripting in this thread now nearly every second post is about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I don't know about scripting sh!t just happens sometimes like in real football... you could have a million chances and score none or just one and score... just the way it goes sometimes... can't beat a good moan though

-=al=- wrote: »
    I don't know about scripting sh!t just happens sometimes like in real football... you could have a million chances and score none or just one and score... just the way it goes sometimes... can't beat a good moan though

I would agree I lost 6-1 after dominating the game and couldn't believe all the 30+ yard goals he scored but when I think back he had a team full of long shot players rooney, gerrard, nani and podolski.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Its as if the same stuff screws u over each time though.

I have yet to manage winning the first division because of issues like this.

I won 7 games in a row drew one then some how lost the last 3 one because of server issue i mean wtf?.

Ill be the first one to stand up and say your man was better then me i didnt deserve anything but both games in this situation it was ****ing clear the game was gammy.

I dominated most of both those games i lost both 3-2 even the kinds of goals scored against me and the time periods where very very similar. The way i scored and game back to almost win or draw was also very similar. It was as if it played out perfect both times to make it look like i lost out just by the skin of my teeth.

I also think its got to do with some kinda system that sees u need certain results and all of a sudden the game changes. You dont get the breaks u might of in the earlier matchs.

Because everything went arseways as soon as i needed something from each game. I was playing better teams in the early games and beat them fairly.

Funny enough i started a new season and beat a Brazilian team 5-1 so just goes to show :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Selling my La Liga team. I'm getting paced out of it far too much.

I'm thinking a Serie A team as a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Played a match, went 2-0 down and brought it back to 2-2. It finished that way and I was happy with the draw but when I pressed advance to go back to the UT home menu, UT goes down.

It's happened before, so when UT is back up I know I won't get my hard fought point. I'll get a loss and my DNF modifier will taken down through no fault of my own.

EA are a bunch of ballbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Made a squad (20K) for the Equinox cup and got through to the final first attempt. In the final I came up against this squad http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/7962548/#
    Every player had a pace modifier applied. Won 3-2 in added time. Delighted :D

Selling my old team, buying my new team and the servers go.

Sound EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

every time I win Division 1, its almost always 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. Now I'm not complaining but I can't win it before the tenth game, if I have some points built up and I'm nearly there with 2 or more games to go, results go to pot until I need to win the last game and then I usually do.

I've never felt a stronger sense of scripting in Fifa than this edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    every time I win Division 1, its almost always 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. Now I'm not complaining but I can't win it before the tenth game, if I have some points built up and I'm nearly there with 2 or more games to go, results go to pot until I need to win the last game and then I usually do.

I've never felt a stronger sense of scripting in Fifa than this edition.

I get the same issue only im yet to win division 1 !. I start really well win first 6 or so games then everything goes downhill every ****ing time without fail lol. No matter what kinda teams i play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Came up against a guy in the 1st round of the Gold Cup.

TOTY Alonso
    TOTY Falcao
    IF Di Maria
    Cristiano Ronaldo

I lost 5-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Theres definitely scripting in this game (or something that causes poor form) but the way some go on you would swear it makes the game unplayable.

If you cant win division 1, thats not because of scripting. If you go ten games in a row without a win thats, not scripting either.

Keno 92 wrote: »

That isn't Serie A Pace, this is Serie A pace...

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/7990163/#squad-player

Paul1990 wrote: »
    That isn't Serie A Pace, this is Serie A pace...

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/7990163/#squad-player

Yeah, but my team overall is better and for me going from the La Liga team to that, there is a stark contrast of pace.

Nice cheap squad all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just played 1 game last night against a bronze team. My team is rated 84.

Now tbf I never take game like this for granted because lot of the time players who play with silver or bronze teams want challenge cause they win 7-0 every game with their Gold team.

This guy was playing 5-2-2-1 formation with High Pressure and Aggression. No problem there. He is a bronze team so he can do what he likes.

I went 1-0 in first half.

10 Minutes to go though my very reliable Cech(who I cant ever remember making such error) has shot at him from 30 yards out and he palms it straight in air out towards his player at edge of box. That was not the worst bit.

As he palms it out he decides for no reason to run out for the ball with not a hope of getting there. I did not press Y Button(for Goalie charge) and his player just loops a header over Cech into empty net.

Now I have no problem admitting he was better player. Deserved a draw and a win if honest. But I just could not help but laugh when this happened.

I actually not player who cares if wins or gets beat. I play the game for enjoyment after work or training or with mates, but feck me they're times when you just gotta say to yourself that no matter how hard you try you aint wining cause EA said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

Hey ive made myself up to about 120000 coins and ive only been playing UT for about a month and a half .... will i keep to usual formations, fitness cards and managers or is there a better way to make coins when u get up to this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just played 1 game last night against a bronze team. My team is rated 84.

Now tbf I never take game like this for granted because lot of the time players who play with silver or bronze teams want challenge cause they win 7-0 every game with their Gold team.

This guy was playing 5-2-2-1 formation with High Pressure and Aggression. No problem there. He is a bronze team so he can do what he likes.

I went 1-0 in first half.

10 Minutes to go though my very reliable Cech(who I cant ever remember making such error) has shot at him from 30 yards out and he palms it straight in air out towards his player at edge of box. That was not the worst bit.

As he palms it out he decides for no reason to run out for the ball with not a hope of getting there. I did not press Y Button(for Goalie charge) and his player just loops a header over Cech into empty net.

Now I have no problem admitting he was better player. Deserved a draw and a win if honest. But I just could not help but laugh when this happened.

I actually not player who cares if wins or gets beat. I play the game for enjoyment after work or training or with mates, but feck me they're times when you just gotta say to yourself that no matter how hard you try you aint wining cause EA said so.

I've found that sometimes, keepers just randomly charge off their line. Now, it's annoying as hell when it happens and I scream bloody murder, but in the grand scheme of things I quite like it. It's a random decision that a keeper would make. We see it all the time in real football.

It's also worth noting that pressing the "Second defender press" button includes your goalie if he is the closest man to the ball. That's gotten me in trouble a few times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Kirby wrote: »
    I've found that sometimes, keepers just randomly charge off their line. .

My keeper with corners does in on impulse,
    Every time without fail.
    Annoyed me to the extent where I replaced him with another keeper for a few games, as if to teach him a lesson... :/ :P
    Akineev or something, Russian lad,
    All around good keeper but if opposing team get a header on target from corner,
    9/10 times it'll be a goal... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

My keeper with corners does in on impulse,
    Every time without fail.
    Annoyed me to the extent where I replaced him with another keeper for a few games, as if to teach him a lesson... :/ :P
    Akineev or something, Russian lad,
    All around good keeper but if opposing team get a header on target from corner,
    9/10 times it'll be a goal... :/

Are you pressing Y on corners? He shouldn't come out on his own so it's more than likely a button you're pressing at corners.

Sold nearly everything as I want something cheap and good as TOTY approaches, anyone have a cheap decent team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I get the same issue only im yet to win division 1 !. I start really well win first 6 or so games then everything goes downhill every ****ing time without fail lol. No matter what kinda teams i play.

I must be lucky then because if I really need a win to win Division 1 towards the end of the season, I usually get it. Doesn't matter if I'm playing a Silver team or Gold IF Littered teams. Ultimate Team Cups seem to be a different story for me, rarely do well in the cups.

When looking at scripting, you need to look at the other side of the coin, I've felt undeserving winning a lot of my games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

corcaigh07 wrote: »

When looking at scripting, you need to look at the other side of the coin, I've felt undeserving winning a lot of my games.

That's true. For everybody who has benefited, somebody has lost out.

I have won Div 1 on 3 occasions. Each went into last game, but I remember first time I won it, that last game everything seemed to go right for me. I think I was still better player, but those 50/50 seemed to come out on top for me.

I got relegated tonight on a 0-3-5:o:o record. No scripting just me not playing well. Maybe unlucky in few games as should of won least 2, but you get some and you don't.

I do think there is a little bit of Scripting in the game, but certainly dont think its as bad as some suggest.

I think its more noticeable when playing Silver and Gold teams myself though where they seem to get few extra breaking balls to try even things up a little.

Just my 2c

I'm on the worst streak I've ever had in Fifa. Went back to Div 2 and have stayed there for the last two seasons. I don't know what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I'm on the worst streak I've ever had in Fifa. Went back to Div 2 and have stayed there for the last two seasons. I don't know what is going on.

Team Pace not working out then :P

Liamalone wrote: »
    Team Pace not working out then :P

This was pre Seria A. I only played around 3 games with the new team. Plus my PL team is very pacy.

Sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Can someone explain this work rate for CB you are talking about?

Can someone give me an example of two CB that would work well from La Liga?

username?! wrote: »

High attacking work rate means they will push up the pitch more, that's a bad thing for defenders. Especially in UT where pace is king.

Pique and Ramos both have high attacking workrates, but Ramos' pace makes him good. Pepe is probably the best La Liga defender, he's quick and has a medium attacking workrate and a high defensive workrate. So he won't get caught up the pitch. Mascherano has good workrates too but he's fairly small with poor heading for a CB. I liked using Puyol, he's slow but has good workrates, great heading and defensive stats. Stick a fast full-back beside him and he shouldn't get skinned for pace, I used Jordi Alba.

username?! wrote: »

Personally I think work rates are more important for your full backs

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/3465/

This website lists work rates for players you can search any players you want defenders with high defensive work rates and strikers with high offensive work rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Ive also been in a rut but I shamefully used 5221 for 2 seasons in Div 2 to break it and get promoted. Thinking of changing from my usual 41212 as players can be quite expensive, anyone have any forms to try? Something with 4atb and wingers (not a lot of options there :P ). Thinking 433 but not entirely sure on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just made this team, apart from Villa, hoping for a bit more of a price drop:P
    Hopefully it can play well for me.

2c984556a714b075529afc5536866c9f.png

Advertisement