Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

has gotten so sick of my bpl team that ive stuck the lot up for sale, hope to get bout 600k out of it and try summit different. Spanish maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Made a Spanish team and it's going quite well apart from the little lack of pace, but it's fun dinging it around

2f77d6b6064047e8a0325f1.png

IF Medel is a beast in Midfield and IF Fabregas in CF

Had a BPL team for about a week hated it, Spanish is fun and decent side for 600k is easy too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

TheGunns wrote: »
    Ive also been in a rut but I shamefully used 5221 for 2 seasons in Div 2 to break it and get promoted. Thinking of changing from my usual 41212 as players can be quite expensive, anyone have any forms to try? Something with 4atb and wingers (not a lot of options there :P ). Thinking 433 but not entirely sure on it.

I've started a new serie A team with 4-3-2-1. Good for attacking but you still have those 3 CMs to break play up.

Defensive with possession play seems to work nicely, offensive with counter attack if you badly need a goal.

Ive also been in a rut but I shamefully used 5221 for 2 seasons in Div 2 to break it and get promoted. Thinking of changing from my usual 41212 as players can be quite expensive, anyone have any forms to try? Something with 4atb and wingers (not a lot of options there :P ). Thinking 433 but not entirely sure on it.

I've started a new serie A team with 4-3-2-1. Good for attacking but you still have those 3 CMs to break play up.

Defensive with possession play seems to work nicely, offensive with counter attack if you badly need a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Literally decided an hour ago that I'd go for that formation, got an Irish side rotating with an RPL. Hopefully all goes well when I try it out tomo

• Advertisement

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fTzCWiKcnJjTW:ps3

made this tonight there not to bad at all i have to say, may change one or two things

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gsAZq8S5VJs:360

These are the 2 I'm rotating (look at the bench for 2nd side), Hopefully they turn out well. There's enough pace in there and Long's heading when I used him earlier was insane. RB in the Irish team is a problem area I think unless I want to splash 250k on IF Coleman, what did everyone else do there for the St.Pats tourney? Managed to pick up some bargains buying them, got a CM Ireland for 650c. Should sell for a couple thousand if he's no use.

Literally decided an hour ago that I'd go for that formation, got an Irish side rotating with an RPL. Hopefully all goes well when I try it out tomo
    It's a good one, used it before in other fut but gone back to it. You just need to make sure you have a rf and lf. Luckily, palacio on my serie A side has become one of my favourite players, 91 finishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Finally managed to save enough from trading and getting some lucky IF cards to buy myself Ronaldo.

Picked him up for 1,689,000 cheapest I could find, hoping the market won't just crash on me and i'l lose my left one!

Only played one game with him so far didn't have much of the ball apart from a 2 long shot goals, which was something else.

Have him in the following formation and team at the moment.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dzis9ZliVKi:360

Screen_Shot_2013_03_27_at_01_52_03.png

Opinions on the team around him?

I've been reading about custom tactics, what exactly are they? Heard I can play with the Real Madrid tactics on my team.

Play a match as Real Madrid and save their tactics settings in custom settings

Then play UT and start a singe player division game and set the custom tactic for your squad.... all you have to do is assign the Real Madrid tactic to a quick tactic button e.g up and left

Cool team, ever try IF Monreal at LB? he's quite the beast... Any reason for Valdes over Casillas?

Just about to make a bid on an IF Fabregas and see if he's any use as CF... I like a good IF playmaker

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    Play a match as Real Madrid and save their tactics settings in custom settings

Then play UT and start a singe player division game and set the custom tactic for your squad.... all you have to do is assign the Real Madrid tactic to a quick tactic button e.g up and left

Cool team, ever try IF Monreal at LB? he's quite the beast... Any reason for Valdes over Casillas?

Just about to make a bid on an IF Fabregas and see if he's any use as CF... I like a good IF playmaker

Thanks, il give it a try.

Yes I had a IF Monreal and I actually loved him, one of the first IF's I bought.

Reason I picked Valdes over Casillas is strictly money I'm broke after buying Ronaldo, I can't stand Valdes and will probably start using Lopez more.

Not happy with the RB at the moment, he tires very quickly. Can't afford Alves unfortunately so i'l have to find an alternative.

Haven't had an IF Fabregas only a normal one and thought he was very good, would love Xavi for midfield but again money is tight!

Yea Ronaldo will do that to ya alright!

Hard to find a BBVA RB... Alves is alright but is too attacking for my liking... Pereira seems to be the only alternative, or I like or Juanfran. IF medal is an awesome CDM for keeping the defensive issues good... might be good trying Alves surrounded by IF Medel and Pepe or something

Having fun with the BBVA squad... Pretty much dominated every game I played with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone who had/has a Serie A team used Boateng? I bought him last night to use him as a CDM but I'm not sure if he's any good there?

Also who do I take out, Vidal or Marchisio?

Team: http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#MAAJ9GwOVsh:360

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Anyone who had/has a Serie A team used Boateng? I bought him last night to use him as a CDM but I'm not sure if he's any good there?

He's really good although I used him as a CAM, he drops deep from there so makes you more solid defensively too. Not sure about a CDM though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Keno 92 wrote: »

You never take out Vidal!!! :)

It depends on your formation tho whether Boateng will be good there. The workrates will be determined by the supporting players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

So bad at saving, I'm never gonna get up to 90k. :(

This is my current BPL side, have Podolski as well, trying to get a new ST, any other improvements? Fellaini is is CDM as well, forgot to put that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

So bad at saving, I'm never gonna get up to 90k. :(

This is my current BPL side, have Podolski as well, trying to get a new ST, any other improvements? Fellaini is is CDM as well, forgot to put that in.

I use Sagna instead of Walker. I can't stand Walker, he's always out of position for me, he does have the pace to catch up but it's usually a mad scramble to get back.

Sagna's slower but 9 times out of 10 he's in a good position to stop attacks.

Paul1990 wrote: »
    I use Sagna instead of Walker. I can't stand Walker, he's always out of position for me, he does have the pace to catch up but it's usually a mad scramble to get back.

Sagna's slower but 9 times out of 10 he's in a good position to stop attacks.

Yeah, I used to use Sagna for ages, and hes far better than walker, also used Rafael. Was thinking about trying out Richards, cause hes a beast and has good pace. Looking at reviews on futhead and he seems decent enough. Just swapped out Torres for Tevez while I save for Aguero.

TOTW announced at 3, tempted to buy some packs tonight in the hope of getting something unreal.

Don't buy packs...

If you decide to go for a formation with wingers and full backs in the BPL, just Hybrid it with Lahm and Robben at RB and RM to cover for the shocking quality of players in those positions for BPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Got relegated to Div 2 but got to play few games last night and on 5 game win streak. Its nice just to play in Div 2 and get some easy wins, cause once I get back to Div 1 it all gets sweaty again.

I used to play 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 and 4-2-2 formations, but now play 3-5-2 formation as find this suits my style and helps against Lob Through ball lovers

Have these 2 teams (dont know how to screen print sorry)

Casillas
    ---Ramos---Pique---Pepe
    Busquests--Alsono
    -Di Maria
    Lavezzi
    Ozil
    ----Falco
    Benzema

BPL team

Cech
    ---Kompany---Terry---Chiellini
    Yaya
    De Rossi
    Valencia
    Hazard
    Rooney
    Balotelli----Torres

Got this custom tactic(below) and have found it super for nice short passes and for players to make runs for passes and players in box or Tiki Taka football to some;)

Scored some lovely goals with it last night. off work today so might get game later after Gym.

The Tactic

Possesion
    Build Up Play
    Speed: 1
    Passing: 1
    Positioning: organized

Chance Creation
    Crossing: 1
    Shooting: 70
    Positioning: Free Form

Defence
    Pressure: 15
    Aggression: 15
    Team Width: 50
    Defender Line: cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

username?! wrote: »

Picked him up for 1,689,000 cheapest I could find, hoping the market won't just crash on me and i'l lose my left one!

Opinions on the team around him?

Congrats on getting ronaldo I almost pulled the trigger on messi but was talked out of it I think i will get ronaldo myself.

Looking at the EA forums people seem to put ronaldo in a formation were he is a LW or a LF reason being in a formation on the LM he won't have the same impact he may get you goals but won't be your best player

433 or 4321 would be a good formation before you go changing your team though maybe experiment with changing your formation in game to see if you get more out of him.

When TOTS comes out there will be a huge price drop so sell him before and then buy him back after.

Those are 2 stupidly good sides Kew, don't know how you play 3 at the back though. I can't play with it at all.

Those are 2 stupidly good sides Kew, don't know how you play 3 at the back though. I can't play with it at all.

I love to play 4 at back but I find that I would struggle to break teams down ad it's goals I seem to find hard to come by.

If you have 2 solid CDM 3 at back is good.

Problem is down wings can catch you out but it's much more solid in the danger areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just a heads up. You dont need custom tactics to be good at this game.

Got relegated to Div 2 but got to play few games last night and on 5 game win streak. Its nice just to play in Div 2 and get some easy wins, cause once I get back to Div 1 it all gets sweaty again.

I used to play 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 and 4-2-2 formations, but now play 3-5-2 formation as find this suits my style and helps against Lob Through ball lovers

Have these 2 teams (dont know how to screen print sorry)

Casillas
    ---Ramos---Pique---Pepe
    Busquests--Alsono
    -Di Maria
    Lavezzi
    Ozil
    ----Falco
    Benzema

BPL team

Cech
    ---Kompany---Terry---Chiellini
    Yaya
    De Rossi
    Valencia
    Hazard
    Rooney
    Balotelli----Torres

Got this custom tactic(below) and have found it super for nice short passes and for players to make runs for passes and players in box or Tiki Taka football to some;)

Scored some lovely goals with it last night. off work today so might get game later after Gym.

The Tactic

Possesion
    Build Up Play
    Speed: 1
    Positioning: organized

Chance Creation
    Crossing: 1
    Shooting: 70
    Positioning: Free Form

Defence
    Pressure: 15
    Aggression: 15
    Team Width: 50
    Defender Line: cover

tried out your custom tactic on my 4-4-1-1 and 4-1-2-1-2 teams and out of 6 games i won 5. works a treat esp against lobbers. thanks :D

joe123 wrote: »

handy tho ;)

cintec wrote: »
    Congrats on getting ronaldo I almost pulled the trigger on messi but was talked out of it I think i will get ronaldo myself.

Looking at the EA forums people seem to put ronaldo in a formation were he is a LW or a LF reason being in a formation on the LM he won't have the same impact he may get you goals but won't be your best player

433 or 4321 would be a good formation before you go changing your team though maybe experiment with changing your formation in game to see if you get more out of him.

When TOTS comes out there will be a huge price drop so sell him before and then buy him back after.

I've had a few game with him and all I can say is my god.... he is unbelievable. Pace, shots, dribbling, keeping the ball. Formation is actually working well I picked it as it's the closest to what Madrid actually use in the game.

What is TOTS? Is this team of the season I'm guessing?
    When is this out, will get rid of him before this for sure.

Another question, I've heard you can start ultimate team early for the next game, i'm guessing it's around August or something. Might off load my coins on eBay mid summer for some money. Seen Ronaldo alone go for over 150 euro :confused:

tried out your custom tactic on my 4-4-1-1 and 4-1-2-1-2 teams and out of 6 games i won 5. works a treat esp against lobbers. thanks :D
    Glad it helped.

It won't suit everyone but can help certin type of player

joe123 wrote: »

Agree but sometimes a tactic can just make people play the style they like to.

Once you don't abuse it I don't see problem.

• Advertisement

Been playing for a while and never made a pure sweat team... so i made this one to see how it much of a difference it made. First game 6-0 win... wouldn't call it fun tho. This is the team anyway...

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/8134378/

Advertisement