Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Looks like a typical Div 1 team that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

is there some trick to lobbed through balls, any time i seen to try it my striker is clear on to get it but can keep the pace on controlling it and get tackled or shoved of every time. any body got any defending tips leaked in about 12 goals tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

is there some trick to lobbed through balls, any time i seen to try it my striker is clear on to get it but can keep the pace on controlling it and get tackled or shoved of every time. any body got any defending tips leaked in about 12 goals tonight :(

I don't think there is a trick. Most of the time its the luck of the draw, but I'd say players with high dribbling and high ball control stats generally get a better touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Got claim for 2 blatant own goals last night..
    No complaints but found it odd..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nice scripting again yesterday, things were going a bit too well for me in Division 1 so lost a game 5-3. the guy scored 3 corners against me, the first one wasn't too bad, I messed up but the other two inswinged to my 6 yard box and Buffon messes both of them up with me pressing Y the whole time expecting an easy claim by one of the best goalies in the game.

Won the division again on the last game so can't complain too much I suppose. My pattern of results (in Ultimate Team Seasons) feels too much of a coincidence to be one though. Only once have I failed to win division 1 and every time I win it, its in the last game. Usually start the season really well, a few dodgy results around game 6-7ish and finish the season with the results I need.

Does anyone else have similar patterns to mine? Only talking FUT Seasons here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

What days and times are happy hours generally on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gelio wrote: »
    What days and times are happy hours generally on?

12 - 1 am on a Friday, and 6-7 pm on a Monday.

Plus EA will announce random ones from time to time, will announce them with an hours notice on their Twitter and FB

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

More then anything in this game right now i would love to try out Ronaldo in a team.

I mean his price is crazy theres no way i can get even near it at this stage.

Think its a real pain in the hole how over priced him and messi are.

I have tried trading but never found a decent way of making real money over a period of time.

Ive put enough into packs at this stage.

Any other ideas :P Ive about 200,000 or so at the moment and nearly 100 gold rare gold players including a few IFs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

More then anything in this game right now i would love to try out Ronaldo in a team.

I mean his price is crazy theres no way i can get even near it at this stage.

Think its a real pain in the hole how over priced him and messi are.

I have tried trading but never found a decent way of making real money over a period of time.

Ive put enough into packs at this stage.

Any other ideas :P Ive about 200,000 or so at the moment and nearly 100 gold rare gold players including a few IFs.

play as Real Madrid? :o

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    play as Real Madrid? :o

Lol ;-).

It's funny I've played with Madrid online but I was told he plays different on ultimate team then normal seasons single player or career....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Just used Carlos Vela yesterday and have to say he is one of the best strikers Ive used, moves so smoothly and has a sweet left boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,102 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Soldado is beast in this game. Not pacey player but his positional sense is super.

Soldado is beast in this game. Not pacey player but his positional sense is super.

Not used him but will look him up, I like my strikers to have decent pace but don't have to be too fast

TheGunns wrote: »
    Not used him but will look him up, I like my strikers to have decent pace but don't have to be too fast

I try not to pace abuse too much with players.

It's hard not to have a few I guess. Always try to have one striker who is not 85+ if I can.

I am playing a kinda slow build up type of game of nice short passes and waiting for opening. Finding it good cause if your patient, gaps will appear as your opponent starts to get annoyed that he can't get ball.

I try not to pace abuse too much with players.

It's hard not to have a few I guess. Always try to have one striker who is not 85+ if I can.

I am playing a kinda slow build up type of game of nice short passes and waiting for opening. Finding it good cause if your patient, gaps will appear as your opponent starts to get annoyed that he can't get ball.

your the same as me i using a couple teams now and all of them i play pass the ball and look for gaps. i throw the odd lob ball in there just to throw the player in my style of play ;)

I too look for gaps but I try force them a lot of the time, not lobbed just ground ones. Usually work it out to the wing and then back inside looking for something to be on. Lost about 100k trading on bad investments yesterday and grew impatient but Ive managed to get almost 90k back already. Really need a happy hour soon, those things are gold mines (or silver mines) .... I'll take my coat :pac:

I too look for gaps but I try force them a lot of the time, not lobbed just ground ones. Usually work it out to the wing and then back inside looking for something to be on. Lost about 100k trading on bad investments yesterday and grew impatient but Ive managed to get almost 90k back already. Really need a happy hour soon, those things are gold mines (or silver mines) .... I'll take my coat :pac:

Is happy hour just basically a better chance to get rare and IF players during that time?

Might open few packs that hour see if get lucky.

Rarely open packs, unless I kindly get few MS points of mate.

Is happy hour just basically a better chance to get rare and IF players during that time?

Yes but by better that means a tiny tiny amount better :p

Only time your getting a better chance is if its double chance happy hour which it rarely ever is.

Simply put to EA happy hour is just a way of making more moneys.

yeah it is kinda but i think he is on bout finding players cheap on the market during happy hour to sell for a profit. correct me if im wrong :)

Didn't mean for opening packs, I buy a lot of players during them and sell off just after or during.

Don't actually know if there's a better chance, on twitter they usually say 'no 2x chances' . Should be a good few since it's easter and I was reading that they re released a load of IF cards on April fools last year and all silver IF the year before. Hopefully something like that again, would make prices crazy cheap for awhile.

• Advertisement

Ah sorry get what you mean now.

Never got IF card.

Would love a Blue one though:pac:

Just got SIF Higuain in a pack not bad not bad ha.

Just got SIF Higuain in a pack not bad not bad ha.

Stop tempting us :pac:

Got a few decent cards actually few 4321 contracts got defoe Walcott one or two squad fitness as well. Plus the usual load of contract and stat cards that come in handy. I did spend a tenner on packs though lol not going out this weekend so taught treat myself :-) lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Had an interesting learning experience today. Just survived relegation from division 1 and have never played worse. I couldn't understand what was going wrong all of my players were out of position and I couldn't get my passing game going at all. The whole team felt so sluggish and my defence was constantly getting rapped for pace.

So I checked over my team after the last match and realised I had swapped 2 of my midfielders positions giving my 2 players 7 chem rather then 9. I always knew chem was important but didn't imagine it would be so noticeable. Swapped them back and instantly order was restored to my team.

Got a few decent cards actually few 4321 contracts got defoe Walcott one or two squad fitness as well. Plus the usual load of contract and stat cards that come in handy. I did spend a tenner on packs though lol not going out this weekend so taught treat myself :-) lol.

damn ya i opened a few there thinking i mite get lucky and get an if :pac: got van persie, wiese twice essien and saldado. packs paid for them selves :)
    now off to the pub :D

Pulled IF Courtois last week with my Xbox live rewards points, got Balotelli too. Not bad for opening 4 packs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I don't really understand how the manager works? I'm trying to build an airtricity league 3-4-2-1 team but can't seem to find an Irish manager in that formation. What am I missing?

Gelio wrote: »
    I don't really understand how the manager works? I'm trying to build an airtricity league 3-4-2-1 team but can't seem to find an Irish manager in that formation. What am I missing?

I just use ones with good stats for me never matters who they are or where there from.

I tend to use either Sir Alex or Mancini there both two of the highest rated.

Having a manager just adds to the chem i dont think it really matters where there from or what league etc once in right formation i imagine is the main thing.

There stats can be handy for your team though for upping the stats on certain development cards. Contract cards will add extra contracts and same goes for morale and so on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Finally won Division 1 :)

After weeks of trying with my Bundesliga and Serie A squad I just couldn't win it.
    So decided to make a Silver Brazil squad... then won it with a game remaining.

One thing that annoyed me, was that i never played anyone with a team rating under 82.

Which when you consider mine is rated 78. Its kinda unfair.

Advertisement