Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Won the first round of the Spring challenge easy.
    2nd game went 2 nil up, he pulled it back to 2 all, and I scored 2 in the last 5 mins to win 4-2.
    3rd game went 2 nil up, he pulled it back to 2 all, and I scored 2 in the last 5 mins to win 4-2.
    Final I went 3 nil down, he scored from 40 yards with Cahill :o I pulled it back to 3-2 just before half time. Made it 3 all in 50th minute. For the next 40 minutes he battered me but couldn't score, don't think the ball left my half in this time, which was just repeated last ditch tackles and clearances. In the 92nd minute I break, and get a scrappy goal. Don't think I was ever happier at scoring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Noticed the values of players on ps3 are dropping again now slightly the cheapest Ronaldo is down to 1,575,000 he was 2,100,000 bout month or so ago.

IF Van Persie went down by at least 30k over night.

Just something came into my head there now i wonder will Sir Alex's value go up in the game lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I've only been playing UT for a few weeks and I have to say that by far the most annoying thing in it is getting to the final of a tournament only to run into some cnut whose team have had their attributes juiced up.

Well it happened me just now against some cocky French fella, he was 2 up by about 50 mins and spent the rest of the time doing poxy skill moves and passing it around the back. My team is ok, but they couldn't get a look in - every pass was intercepted and even when I got a through ball into LLorente his CBs would just stroll past him to win back possession. It was impossible to do anything, it was like chasing 11 Ronaldos around the pitch.

Well I caught him at about 85 mins with his keeper playing it short, LLorente intercepted and buried it to make it 2-1. He picked it up a bit after that and on 90 mins he got El Shaarawy into a 1v1 on Given after strolling through my defence - Given saves and sets me away on the counter and I end up with Soldado clean through in goal, I get the shot off and his keeper pulls off a miracle, I'm fuming, I've seen this so many times at this stage. Anyway, this results in a corner with literally no time left - I aim for the back post, Llorente leaps like a salmon to drive a header into the top corner, making it 2-2, taking it to extra time.

In extra time, I caught him twice acting the bollox with skill moves, hit him on the counter both times to take a 4-2 lead and held on from there and win the cup (and gold pack more importantly). I was never as happy to beat some one in an online game.

Essien wrote: »
    I've only been playing UT for a few weeks and I have to say that by far the most annoying thing in it is getting to the final of a tournament only to run into some cnut whose team have had their attributes juiced up.

Well it happened me just now against some cocky French fella, he was 2 up by about 50 mins and spent the rest of the time doing poxy skill moves and passing it around the back. My team is ok, but they couldn't get a look in - every pass was intercepted and even when I got a through ball into LLorente his CBs would just stroll past him to win back possession. It was impossible to do anything, it was like chasing 11 Ronaldos around the pitch.

Well I caught him at about 85 mins with his keeper playing it short, LLorente intercepted and buried it to make it 2-1. He picked it up a bit after that and on 90 mins he got El Shaarawy into a 1v1 on Given after strolling through my defence - Given saves and sets me away on the counter and I end up with Soldado clean through in goal, I get the shot off and his keeper pulls off a miracle, I'm fuming, I've seen this so many times at this stage. Anyway, this results in a corner with literally no time left - I aim for the back post, Llorente leaps like a salmon to drive a header into the top corner, making it 2-2, taking it to extra time.

In extra time, I caught him twice acting the bollox with skill moves, hit him on the counter both times to take a 4-2 lead and held on from there and win the cup (and gold pack more importantly). I was never as happy to beat some one in an online game.

Theres nothing better then showing up some prick in this game because u come across so many of them online.

At the same time theres a great feeling and buzz about playing someone who just enjoys the game and is a great match for u and its just an even great game. Without any bull**** ruining it.

If only every game was like this.....

• Advertisement

Theres nothing better then showing up some prick in this game because u come across so many of them online.

At the same time theres a great feeling and buzz about playing someone who just enjoys the game and is a great match for u and its just an even great game. Without any bull**** ruining it.

If only every game was like this.....

Yeah, on the odd occasion that you get a decent character who's well matched with you, the games are excellent.

There was this one guy who in fairness, I beat the life out of him, I just didn't put a foot wrong and scored a series of lovely goals, probably 5 or 6 in the end iirc. I get a message in Italian right after the game that translated to "I bow before the king of the nerds" :D. I asked him should I take that as an insult or compliment? He said "Compliment, you are the strongest player" - I was delighted!:pac:

Yeah, on the odd occasion that you get a decent character who's well matched with you, the games are excellent.

There was this one guy who in fairness, I beat the life out of him, I just didn't put a foot wrong and scored a series of lovely goals, probably 5 or 6 in the end iirc. I get a message in Italian right after the game that translated to "I bow before the king of the nerds" :D. I asked him should I take that as an insult or compliment? He said "Compliment, you are the strongest player" - I was delighted!:pac:

Haha! :pac:

There was a game i played few months ago i beat this fella really handy but his team was kinda a mess players out of position chem about half full etc.

So i messaged him afterwards explaining i dunno if he knows or not but he wont get anywhere in the game really without being at least 90 chem in most cases and matching the right positions and formations.

Turns out he was only a kid who got the game for christmas and didnt know.

I was really happy i didnt take the piss like alot would of and which ive had done to myself after certain games by message. Was nice to just be nice in that situation. Not everyone u come up against is a prick and he said thanks etc and it made my day :pac: lol :).

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Ya It's nice to have stats go up by point or two, just often wonder as they are so expensive are they really worth huge sums they sell for.

More then likely, when Lewandowski scored 4 against Madrid, he went from a lowest buy now of around 2k up to 14k , happens with loads of cards

Is there any way to accumulate a decent amount of coins without having to buy them? I see players for sale 100k + and I wonder how the hell does anyone afford them, nevermind a team full of them!

Also, do people save up for the right players or just keep buying packs and hoping for the best?

Is there any way to accumulate a decent amount of coins without having to buy them? I see players for sale 100k + and I wonder how the hell does anyone afford them, nevermind a team full of them!

Also, do people save up for the right players or just keep buying packs and hoping for the best?

Trading is how alot of people make such money. Selling players and other cards at right time of year etc as well.

I have made a ton of money buying players at right time selling them at right time then getting them back at a huge discount but it only happens at certain points.

This time of year is an example.

Packs are pure luck and nothing else.

• Advertisement

Trading is how alot of people make such money. Selling players and other cards at right time of year etc as well.

I have made a ton of money buying players at right time selling them at right time then getting them back at a huge discount but it only happens at certain points.

This time of year is an example.

Packs are pure luck and nothing else.

An example of what? Good/bad time to buy? Or only good/bad for certain players?

Am I right in assuming players real life performance affects their trade price even if their in game rating isn't necessarily as good?

I dont think Ive ever bought a pack in Fifa 13, not giving EA more money.

I use my own AB, can be anything from 100k per day up to 350k a day.

An example of what? Good/bad time to buy? Or only good/bad for certain players?

Am I right in assuming players real life performance affects their trade price even if their in game rating isn't necessarily as good?

I should of added to that more. This time of year TOTS the market crash thats been going on last few months etc. Things like this will change the value of the cards in the game.

Also price fixing and yes the real life performances and popularity of players.

I mean look at the crazy money Ibra goes for and compare him to Van Persie there both very similar players yet theres 100s of 1000s of coins in price difference because the market was set that way.

Some one whos popular on youtube for example could mention a certain player or a certain system and it would change the market. Thats how game works because of the people who play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I was buying a bunch of Suarez' before the incident and his hatty or whatever... If you take a look at fixtures and see what players may notch a few goals, have a look at the market average, try and buy a few in the wee hours and sell for more at peak times

Last season I made a mint on buying cheap Hulks, adding a bronze attribute card for 150 more and making 2-3k on each

It's more effort to add the attribute card but makes the player stick out of the trade pile and usually worth it

First TOTS up.
    Silver/Bronze
    Gold

mcgovern wrote: »
    First TOTS up.
    Silver/Bronze
    Gold

As expected for the first week, pretty **** :eek:

Blitz17 wrote: »
    As expected for the first week, pretty **** :eek:

Theres a few half decent cards in the gold section. Martinez and Arteta look good. Some decent defensive players as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Lens and Mangala look good

Theres a few half decent cards in the gold section. Martinez and Arteta look good. Some decent defensive players as well.

Wouldn't say no to Martinez myself, but doubt I'll get him in the one pack I have coins for :D

mcgovern wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to Martinez myself, but doubt I'll get him in the one pack I have coins for :D

Be curious to see how they price once the other teams appear.

I learned the hard way last year with Dost the ****er haha cost me good bit his 90 something shot tempted me and the ****er couldnt even get one on target !!! :D

• Advertisement

Jesus i only just noticed there gonna drag out those two first teams until the 15th of May!!!!

****ing annoying ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I was never the best at trading, but I managed to get up to around 200k last month. Buy low sell high worked for me. I bought loads of the same player as cheap as possible, bid low on loads and see what you win, when you have a good few put em up for 500+ coins more buy now, and they usually sold fairly quickly, their formation is important. With TOTS now, try to trade with informs.

Don't buy packs, in the 3 years I've been playing UT, I only ever got 2 decent players from a pack, same pack as well. :D

Three new MOTM cards all ****e nothing new :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Been playing Ultimate Team for going on 7hrs now, about 20 games probably, out of those I'd say I had about 8 to 10 where it seemed even and fair, the other games were ones where I coasted it and thought it was iffy or I got nailed and couldn't pass water.

First three games of the night I won to win Division 1 easy, for about the 8th time, lost the next 5 then barely stayed in the division lol

Edit.... Must add, those with lethal teams, in forms n that were **** I found

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Still playing and it is unreal, went on a winning streak of 3 and just knew the other guys were getting screwed, then coin flips and then it's my turn lol, couldn't string two passes together despite team being fit as fook and loving each other chemically :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Liamalone wrote: »
    Still playing and it is unreal, went on a winning streak of 3 and just knew the other guys were getting screwed, then coin flips and then it's my turn lol, couldn't string two passes together despite team being fit as fook and living each other chemically :(

That is scripting in a nutshell, you described it better than I ever could. I think it's probably been in past Fifa's but never as night and day as Fifa 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭klose

God damn silver teams! Gor my ass handed to me by some scottish league silver team, couldent hold onto the ball, astray passes just everything went to ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got myself some great bargains during the TOTS release.

On Ps3: IF Cazorla for 65k, Suarez for 9k, Mata for 13k + players like Luiz/Walker/Sandro/Taarabt/Kagawa + other squad fillers for less than 1k each.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AdamD wrote: »
    Got myself some great bargains during the TOTS release.

On Ps3: IF Cazorla for 65k, Suarez for 9k, Mata for 13k + players like Luiz/Walker/Sandro/Taarabt/Kagawa + other squad fillers for less than 1k each.

I imagine it will better next week when the BPL TOTS comes out, there'll be a huge amount of panic selling. I'm waiting to get IF Cazorla.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I imagine it will better next week when the BPL TOTS comes out, there'll be a huge amount of panic selling. I'm waiting to get IF Cazorla.

It better change more :pac: im waiting on a few players to drop further in price.

Advertisement