Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside the Ropes - Macreddin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Liked the blog from Day1 from the Atlantic coast. Rough was brutal in Rosses point but we were lucky with the weather. Looking forward to hearing about the other 2 days shame you didn't have a 3rd.
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

mike12 wrote: »
    Liked the blog from Day1 from the Atlantic coast. Rough was brutal in Rosses point but we were lucky with the weather. Looking forward to hearing about the other 2 days shame you didn't have a 3rd.
    Mike

Thanks for that Mike12 - Day 2 should be up today/tomorrow morning.

Tell me, how did you get on with the Starter at Enniscrone? That's going to take up a sizeable section of my 'Day 3' blog!

No problem at all was it the American guy, nice to be greeted by the Club president when signing in, was a bit suprised with the tee's we were off course was playing really long, i was happy with my 18 points on the front 9 but i don't want to talk about the back.
    Have to say i really enjoy the courses but would rather if they changed the team format to be 2 from 3 to score on each hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Thanks again for the day out Kevin enjoyed it very much.
    Just looking at my swing there I think I have some work to do :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

BUACHAILL wrote: »

Looked a 300 yarder to me , -1, I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Small bit of movement/sway in the right knee? Looks good through impact so no wonder you're a low handicapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Small bit of movement/sway in the right knee? Looks good through impact so no wonder you're a low handicapper.

Yeah exactly what I'm looking at. Sway in hips and knee, ball too far forward in stance, a little outside in going on and probably a little quick on take away to top of swing but other than that it looks great ha ha.

Stupid game

After reading your second day blog i'll have to agree with everyone else Carne is more playable that Rosses point. The fairways are way more generous and u have to go a long way off line to find the ball gobbling rough. I like Carne the best of the 3 and i would say it is a must play for anyone who likes links golf. The routing thru the Dunes leaves u feeling u are the only person on the course a lot of the time. The 11th and 12th are 2 cracking short par 4's that can give u a bit of a break if you play them properly.
    It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the new 9 it is supposed to be the better than either of the 9 there at the moment.

Advertisement