Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Tourist

Options
  • 09-07-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Heading up to Donegal for a wedding in August in Rossnowlagh and hoping to go up a few days early. Any nice towns close to Rossnowlagh which would be worth staying in for a night or two? I don't know that part of the country at all. I am hoping to be within 15/20 mins of Rossnowlagh as I dont want to do loads of travelling once we spin the whole way up. so any ideas and recommendations of things to do?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

For somewhere to stay, try Ballyshannon or Donegal Town, both are close to Rossnowlagh but simce you have driven this far you might as well drive a few extra mile to see what this county has to offer, have a look at this guide https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=203357797272237597311.00049545c59c8fe90e820&z=9 , the one's that I can recommend are, Glencolmcille folk village, Silver Strand, Slieve league cliffs, St. Johns point, Glengesh Pass, assaranca Waterfall, Donegal Castle, all of which can be done in day.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have a read and follow the links in the first post in this thread.

No trip to or near Donegal Town would be complete without a visit to Biddys O'Barnes and the
    Solis hotel and Harveys Point hotel a couple of miles away located at Loch Eske

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

muffler wrote: »
    Have a read and follow the links in the first post in this thread.

No trip to or near Donegal Town would be complete without a visit to Biddys O'Barnes and the
    Solis hotel and Harveys Point hotel a couple of miles away located at Loch Eske
    always thought it was a bit funny that on the slideshow for solis, (the one with the wedding couple by the lake) you can clrealy see harveys point in the background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

when you are in Rossnowlagh, make sure get up to Smugglers Inn on the hill overlooking the beach. Its great for a drink in the evening and there is a spectacular view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

when you are in Rossnowlagh, make sure get up to Smugglers Inn on the hill overlooking the beach. Its great for a drink in the evening and there is a spectacular view.

Good food too :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am actually staying in Smugglers for 3 nights that week.

Advertisement