Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Doctor Stamullen

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

I have been told that there is a very good GP practice in Stamullen - a lady doctor I believe.

Does anyone have more information and contact details?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

thanks, but the doctor I have been told about is definitely in Stamullen. Unfortunately I don't have her name (the recommendation came from a friend of the brother and the brother can't remember the name of the Doctor! - thought boads might be better than asking the brother to chase it up, cos he'll probably forget! lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Stamullen village or Stamullen area? I could see how someone might say that Dr Counihan is in Stamullen as it's right on the border of Naul/Stamullen.

Stamullen village

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Call 01-8418026 and talk to Daffney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Shouldnt this thread be in Meath!

not when Stamullen is more full of Dubs than the liberties! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I wonder if it is Dr Fiona McKenna who is in Dr O'Brien Counihan's surgery in Naul. She joined when Dr Susan Keenan moved to Lusk. I have been to her a few times, both for myself and the kids, and she is excellent. AFAIK she does every Friday and also covers holidays. I'm not sure if there is any plan to increase her frequency.

The only other surgery I'm aware of in Stamullen is Dr Daly based in St Clare's Nursing home. A lady doctor may have joined but I haven't heard anything about it. The local pharmacy might be able to help you (Kerins 01 8418222 or Delvin Pharmacy 01 8418016).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

The doctor you are looking for is Dr. Murillo who works out of Dr.Daly's practice beside the nursing home in Stamullen.

Unfortunatley you will have to wait to see her as she is on maternity leave until December:mad:

She really is a great doctor and is being sorely missed at the practice.

wobbie10 wrote: »
    The doctor you are looking for is Dr. Murillo who works out of Dr.Daly's practice beside the nursing home in Stamullen.

Unfortunatley you will have to wait to see her as she is on maternity leave until December:mad:

She really is a great doctor and is being sorely missed at the practice.

that sounds about right! name definitely rings a bell with the brother!
    cheers.
    Shame she's off til December, but I think its definitely time I changed GP. I usually go to the BRacken clinic, and when I actually get to see Conor or Jennifer they are excellent - the problem is that most of the time I end up seeing locums. And the waiting times are ridiculous, even with an appointment....last time I went my appt was for 6pm, I was on time (early actually) didn't get in to see Conor til 8pm! yes seriously! 2 hours waiting. That was kinda the last straw for me.

Is Dr Daly any good? While you wait for Dr Murillo to return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

i gave up going to that practice a few years ago as i wasnt taken with dr shorthall but id an emergency a couple of years back and dr counihan couldnt see me so i went to dr daly and i have to say hes excellent.the parents go there still and have nothing but praise for him too

Advertisement