Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming PC

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? €800 ish , maybe more if ithe components would really add to it
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? just games

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? i was promised a copy of windows 7 that i never got when buying my laptop, so i could probably get that, so no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? no
    5a. If yes, what size do you need? maybe 22 or so, nice size , bigger if budget allows

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? NA
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? can buy later

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? yes

8. How can you pay? any

9. When are you purchasing? soon

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? cork, i have put together PC's in the past , but that was 8 years ago , so i would need it built for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €802.24 + €30 shipping
    8GB-Kit GeIL Enhance Corsa PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-28 (DDR3-1600)|€45.88
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€32.04
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€17.12
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€52.12
    Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€68.01
    HIS HD 7850 GDDR5 2048MB DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP|€223.41
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€212.12
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€61.79
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€89.75

Or you could trade in the CPU which would nearly have the funds for a 128GB SSD or alternatively a better heatsink?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Think your script needs updating, shipping is 19 now isn't it?

Oops. Think I have two bookmarks there. Thanks.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if i would add a monitor and copy of windows to that , plus the lads to put it together in germany for me , what would it cost ? i think i will take the plunge into pc gaming again, i just put my g27 steering wheel on adverts to part finance it !

i know it will move the budget to about 1000 , but hopefully a pc that can last me for years

They'll build it for €20. Windows home premium is 85 or so. If you're a student, you can buy Pro version for 55 from software for students. What kind of monitor are you thinking of?

• Advertisement

maybe a 22 inch, bigger if possible. to buy ff the website i just add the parts recommended to me here ? sorry for the silly question, just will be first time dealing with them.

The U2312HM is a great monitor for colours although it could be a little expensive for your budget.
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/monitors/20097160/dell_23_u2312hm_lcd_8ms_vga_dvi_d/details.aspx
    On the other end of the scale, you could get a cheap 22'' Benq monitor for €100-120. Be sure to get 1920x1080 resolution with DVI input though.

You could also go for something in between - there's a few IPS monitors around now a bit cheaper than the Dell which would probably be better than your average TN panel.

To get them to assemble it, you add this to your cart:
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/Service/746/Rechner+-+Zusammenbau.article

By the way, when you place your order, you have to send the money by bank transfer, which is the usual in Germany rather than credit cards.

Building it isn't that hard, PCs are much easier to build now than they were in the past.

thanks very much, i would probably spend the bit extra if you could do out the template for me again (sorry for the trouble ) i just dont want to to miss anything/get anything wrong before i order

Extra on what? The monitor? Is the budget 1,000?

The prices have moved around a bit, so I'll see what fits into 1K and give you a new list tomorrow morning. It should build you a very nice system.

How about...

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€215.07
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€90.77
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7850 Coolstream Edition, 2GB GDDR5|€212.82
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9|€45.72
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€17.63
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€100.79
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€61.79
    Dell UltraSharp U2312HM|€188.70
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€40.92
    LogiLink SATA 0.3m Kabel mit Sicherungslasche|€0.66
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€31.57
    Rechner - Zusammenbau|€20.00
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1045.43

There's a 128GB SSD in there eating a bit extra funds than the previous build and I kind of forgot about the assembly till the last minute. The monitor there is just a placeholder. You should buy it from komplett which have them for cheaper.
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/monitors/20097160/dell_23_u2312hm_lcd_8ms_vga_dvi_d/details.aspx

If that's too much, we can just re-adjust the build again. Actually, the Pro4-M motherboard is around €4 cheaper and from a quick look, the features are much the same apart from size.
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/DDR3/59321/ASRock+Z77+Pro4-M%2C+Sockel+1155%2C+mATX.article

• Advertisement

thanks very much for your assistance, just want to put in a wireless adapter , would this be ok link

would i also be better putting in a network card if i wanted to connect to the router directly from the PC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

2smiggy wrote: »
    thanks very much for your assistance, just want to put in a wireless adapter , would this be ok link

would i also be better putting in a network card if i wanted to connect to the router directly from the PC ?

There's an Ethernet port built into the motherboard.

You'd be far better off if you can get a cable direct rather than using wireless.
    The alternative is homeplugs which use your powerlines to carry network data. They're about €50 though.

thanks again for the replys, i had bought homeplugs a few months back as the internet signal in my bedroom is fairly poor, but i never ended using them as i moved my PS3 back to the sitting room. the room where i intend to put the PC is further away still so wired is the only way to go i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I highly recommend building it yourself. The few tales of woe you hear from HWV is prebuilt machines. Normally because the courier has chucked it around a bit before it arrives. They also seem to be a bit sloppy on cable management etc.

I highly recommend building it yourself. The few tales of woe you hear from HWV is prebuilt machines. Normally because the courier has chucked it around a bit before it arrives. They also seem to be a bit sloppy on cable management etc.

how hard it is to assemble it myself ? i could probably get a bit of help if needs be. i just thought it would be much easier in the long run to have it pre-assembled

If you own a screw driver and have ever put together some Ikea furniture you can assemble a PC.

Watch some Youtube clips and if you need help someone here will probably enjoy helping you put it together. I'd offer but I'm meant to be studying and I'm also quite odd so you probably don't want me knowing your address :P

Long run its much better to know how it went together. I think most of us started out having to "fix" something - I know thats how I got into PCs. Oh memories of my 166Mhz Pentium with 16Mb RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

If you own a screw driver and have ever put together some Ikea furniture you can assemble a PC.

Watch some Youtube clips and if you need help someone here will probably enjoy helping you put it together. I'd offer but I'm meant to be studying and I'm also quite odd so you probably don't want me knowing your address :P

Long run its much better to know how it went together. I think most of us started out having to "fix" something - I know thats how I got into PCs. Oh memories of my 166Mhz Pentium with 16Mb RAM.

Hah!, I can one-up you on that. I remember my 75Mhz pentium with 8mb RAM :D

It replaced a 40Mhz 040 Amiga which was a 14Mhz 020 before that.

That replaced my 8 bit ZX80 and before that we had a Commadore PET that was bought from a car boot sale with no drives so anything you wanted to do you had to program in and lost it when you switched it off.

Before that we used to move cows around a field in a sort of bovine difference engine.

Where's my four Yorkshiremen youtube clip.

Beat That!

thanks for all the help, order now made , pockets alot lighter !, but hopefully alot of fun to be had. I have got a friend of mine help me assemble as I got a bit nervous about the assembled delivery.

i have also spent a bit on the steam sale, any recommendations on anything on there ? also need a controller , i have plenty ps3 controllers but i believe the xbox controller works best ?

• Advertisement

Well all the bits and pieces have finally arrived. Now the daunting prospect of putting it all together. A friend will give me a hand tomorrow or maybe saturday.

from just reading the back of the box of the graphics card, it says it was looking for a minimum power supply of 500w , is the 450w super flower i got sufficient ?

After i had a look inside the case, I am a little more confident I could do this myself , but just to be on the safe side I will wait for my friend. The parts are a bit expensive to be breaking :eek:

They say 500w because most PSUs lie - the flower doesn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

2smiggy wrote: »
    Well all the bits and pieces have finally arrived. Now the daunting prospect of putting it all together. A friend will give me a hand tomorrow or maybe saturday.

from just reading the back of the box of the graphics card, it says it was looking for a minimum power supply of 500w , is the 450w super flower i got sufficient ?

After i had a look inside the case, I am a little more confident I could do this myself , but just to be on the safe side I will wait for my friend. The parts are a bit expensive to be breaking :eek:

ah have a bash

i will have a look at the video this evening after work, I'm sure after doing it once I would be confident to do it again myself. I would just hate to make a balls of it ! (so would my bank account !)

question, installing the SSD in the case i got, the screw holes do not seem to line up, how many screws would i need to put in to hold it securely ??

The paper box and Bitfenix case don't have the converters for 2.5" drives I'm assuming. Just pop it somewhere there are no moving parts in SSDs so you can just rest it on something until you get a mounting bracket.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/Misc./45318/InLine®+HDD+Einbauschienen%2C++für+8%2C89cm+(3%2C5)+Festplatten.article

cheers lads, first post from my shinny new PC

processor 7.5
    memory 7.8
    graphics 7.9
    gaming graphics 7.9
    primary hard disk 7.9

Pics or it didn't happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Pics or it didn't happen!

WHO ARE YOU!

:pac:

I thought you had to be a subscriber to change your name?

Advertisement