Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Yeah I subscribed :) Do you like my custom avatar? :D

I post a lot (not as much as here!) in the Consumer Issues forum and having law in my username was causing issues - not least upsetting the natives! I also use the Legal Discussions forum and having student in the name sometimes makes people think you're looking fro them to do your homework. So time for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Yeah I subscribed :) Do you like my custom avatar? :D

I post a lot (not as much as here!) in the Consumer Issues forum and having law in my username was causing issues - not least upsetting the natives! I also use the Legal Discussions forum and having student in the name sometimes makes people think you're looking fro them to do your homework. So time for a change.

Yeah it's pretty cool :).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice thing about subbing is ATM even when you de-sub your avi remains on boards mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just a quick query, i had a look though google, but alot of the information seems about over clocked cards. With the 7850 2gb graphics card , it got to 61C while playing some Skyrim last night on highest settings. What would be the acceptable range of temperatures for it ? I am just a bit nervous at the start the everything it working properly and have just been keeping an eye on the system for the first while at least.

i also have a few of the card slots at the back of the tower taken out, and that i have not put back in. is it better to put these back in or does it make any difference ?

cheers :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

61C is very cool for an active GPU - I wouldn't worry unless you see 85C + even then 85-95C for short periods would be okay.

Unless its very dusty you can leave them out - makes no odds really - you can get vented ones as a compromise. Make sure your cabling is as neat as pos inside - as I say some photos would be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i will take some this evening, the cables could be tidier in fairness :eek: , but i have got some cable ties now , and now that i know where every thing goes i might be able to sort them a bit better.

Advertisement