Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tanking for shower

• 09-07-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hello

Any views on tanking for shower area (extra insulation prior to tiling)? Looks like a good idea – having extra insulation for around 100 eur.
    However, heard stories that in a couple of years tanking may lead to loose tiles.

Another question about 2 bar pump – MOONSOON or GRUNDFOS (apologies for misspelling).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

kozak wrote: »
    Hello

Any views on tanking for shower area (extra insulation prior to tiling)? Looks like a good idea – having extra insulation for around 100 eur.
    However, heard stories that in a couple of years tanking may lead to loose tiles.

Another question about 2 bar pump – MOONSOON or GRUNDFOS (apologies for misspelling).

Tanking done properly will never loosen tiles. Personally i would never ever use tanking alone up stairs as there is too much movement. If i wanted a walk in effect i would use the type of sunken tray you will over.
    Tanking works great on concrete floors.

Be very careful though. Its an expensive mistake if not done right.

Monsoon or Grundfos are both good pumps. The cheaper verion of both is Stuart Turner and Salamander equally good pumps. I usually let my budget decide but if i was handed them for free in the morning i would always go monsoon.

Advertisement