Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terry Court Case * Mod Note #51 *

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Yakult wrote: »
    Did Jesus really have a baby lamb?

No it was Mary .

Mary had a little lamb ...

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

amiable wrote: »
    I hope his personal hearing isn't on a day when he's due to collect somebody elses gold medal

Ivanovic can go instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Des wrote: »
    Holy be the devine baby lamb of jaysis, Liverpool fans are insufferable when it comes to this shít.

Oh come on ffs, PEOPLE are insufferable when it comes to this shit.

Honestly, the way people talk on here sometimes, you'd swear there's actually some sort of hive mind with fans, when in fact the only thing they have in common is shouting for the same team.

People can be good. People can be bad. People can be irrational or stupid or petty. i know plenty of Liverpool fans I hate, and I know plenty of ManU fans I get on great with.

On issues like the above, taking a handful of peoples comments and branding it "liverpool fans" is retarded.
    It's one of those things that really just grinds my gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Although Anton clearly brought this on himself (rightly or wrongly), Terry being charged is the right decision. I have no doubt in my mind that he's as guilty as sin and will get a ban.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Oh come on ffs, PEOPLE are insufferable when it comes to this shit.

Honestly, the way people talk on here sometimes, you'd swear there's actually some sort of hive mind with fans, when in fact the only thing they have in common is shouting for the same team.

People can be good. People can be bad. People can be irrational or stupid or petty. i know plenty of Liverpool fans I hate, and I know plenty of ManU fans I get on great with.

On issues like the above, taking a handful of peoples comments and branding it "liverpool fans" is retarded.
    It's one of those things that really just grinds my gears.

I wouldn't mind but he pulled that response/reaction right out of his own ass cause I never meant any malice with my post.

Sometimes people need to look at themselves before accusing others.

Although Anton clearly brought this on himself (rightly or wrongly), Terry being charged is the right decision. I have no doubt in my mind that he's as guilty as sin and will get a ban.

That's like saying a girl deserved to be raped because she was wearing a skimping outfit and was asking for it.

That's like saying a girl deserved to be raped because she was wearing a skimping outfit and was asking for it.

I disagree.

There is nothing wrong, morally or otherwise, with a girl wearing a skimpy outfit.

It was wrong of Anton to insult Terry in the way he did, and he did it to provoke a reaction, which he got and then some. I'm not saying Terry was right in what he did, all I'm saying is that Anton clearly brought it on himself. If he wasn't trying to rile Terry in the first place, none of this would have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

No it isn't. Not even a little bit:rolleyes:

I disagree.

There is nothing wrong, morally or otherwise, with a girl wearing a skimpy outfit.

It was wrong of Anton to insult Terry in the way he did, and he did it to provoke a reaction, which he got and then some. I'm not saying Terry was right in what he did, all I'm saying is that Anton clearly brought it on himself. If he wasn't trying to rile Terry in the first place, none of this would have happened.

I didn't say there was

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    No it isn't. Not even a little bit:rolleyes:

Aren't you the poster who thinks its ok to call someone a mong?

I didn't say there was

You implied it was by comparing it to Anton verbally abusing JT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Aren't you the poster who thinks its ok to call someone a mong?

eh, what makes you think that.

You inferred it was by comparing it to Anton verbally abusing JT.

I inferred that the excuse someone deserved something is like that.
    2 wrongs don't make a right.
    What Ferdinand said was ok because its true.
    If he didn't want to be accused of shagging a team mates wife he shouldn't have done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I inferred that the excuse someone deserved something is like that.
    2 wrongs don't make a right.
    What Ferdinand said was ok because its true.
    If he didn't want to be accused of shagging a team mates wife he shouldn't have done it.

errr, youve just slandered JT. Its never been proved to be true, she has always denied it and so has he.

What is it about you amiable? You post in pretty much every thread, and nearly always post something you know someone will disagree with?

Do you have something genuine to say or do you just like the attention?

I could have put money on you posting about JT being charged by the FA, yep your that predictable

errr, youve just slandered JT. Its never been proved to be true, she has always denied it and so has he.

What is it about you amiable? You post in pretty much every thread, and nearly always post something you know someone will disagree with?

I could have put money on you posting about JT being charged by the FA, yep your that predictable

Did Football manager tell you to say that?
    Goona throw your toys out of the pram again and tell me I'm on your ignore list?
    It's an open forum so I post on the threads I want to.
    You are the same bloke who had a dig at Kenny over Hillsborough. Classy.
    I post my opinion and so fcukin what if I do

And you the poster who said Anton Ferdinand deserved racist abuse

I didn't slander John Terry by the way. I'll buy you a dictionary

Did Football manager tell you to say that?
    Goona throw your toys out of the pram again and tell me I'm on your ignore list?
    It's an open forum so I post on the threads I want to.
    You are the same bloke who had a dig at Kenny over Hillsborough. Classy.
    I post my opinion and so fcukin what if I do

what? your slandering me now! - is there no end to your slandering?
    I never had a dig at kenny over hillsborough - wtf are you on about?

just for you

a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

you must be 12 or something

• Advertisement

what? your slandering me now! - is there no end to your slandering?
    I never had a dig at kenny over hillsborough - wtf are you on about?

just for you

a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

you must be 12 or something

Slander is the spoken word. Libel is the written word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Well from what we learned about the FA is they will use probability in their investigation . So it will be hard to say what will happen although he was found not guilty in court because they have to be 100 % certain to convict him but if the FA have 51% belief he abused anton racially then he will be getting a ban . I wonder because he said he didn't abuse him racially can they add more games to his ban .

Well from what we learned about the FA is they will use probability in their investigation . So it will be hard to say what will happen although he was found not guilty in court because they have to be 100 % certain to convict him but if the FA have 51% belief he abused anton racially then he will be getting a ban . I wonder because he said he didn't abuse him racially can they add more games to his ban .

when you are charged by the FA you are already deemed guilty

Slander is the spoken word. Libel is the written word.

Its essentially the same thing, but hey if you want to be picky :p

thast you back on ignore anyway and the season hasnt even started yet!

Its essentially the same thing, but hey if you want to be picky :p

thast you back on ignore anyway and the season hasnt even started yet!

:)

I love you too x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The FA have charged Terry.

You must be mistaken, mate. About a dozen people in here told me as fact that that wouldn't happen.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The FA have charged Terry.

You must be mistaken, mate. About a dozen people in here told me as fact that that wouldn't happen.

Internet is serious business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Although Anton clearly brought this on himself

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rio looks to be getting a 4 game ban aswell .
    The FA has today charged Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand with improper conduct in relation to comments posted on Twitter.

The allegation is that the player acted in a way which was improper and/or bought the game into disrepute by making comments which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race.

Ferdinand has until 4pm on 2 August 2012 to respond to the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I thought Manutd control FA and all the politics in England. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Leiva wrote: »
    Rio looks to be getting a 4 game ban aswell .

Nah just a fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement