Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How bad is traffic in Waterford city?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

How long would it take to get from around Collins Avenue/Dunmore Road onto the N25 going towards Wexford? Obviously just looking for a ballpark figure but is it horrendous or just a few minutes? Would be leaving at say 8:00am.

Similar query leaving from Old Tramore Road (Bracken Drive) heading same way. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It begins to get heavy around 8. It's naturally a lot lighter around this time of year and nosedives from the first week of September on. I'd allow about 20 minutes down to the bridge, 25 if you absolutely positively have to get there on time. You could get away with 15 minutes this time of year.

Be aware that the lights at the bridge can take a long time to change when you're coming down the Quay onto the bridge - they stay green for people coming into the city in the morning.

No idea about Bracken Grove.

BTW, if you're going to Wexford itself, you need to consider New Ross. No idea what the traffic is like going that way in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

If it was me coming from either of those places, I'd prefer to pay the toll on the new bridge. Two lanes the whole way to the far side of slieverue, so no thought/hassle and no stopping once you get onto the ring road (you'd hope).

Each to their own though as some people prefer to avoid the toll. I'd say fricatus is right to say 25minutes if going through town and the old bridge

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

If you are leaving at 8am then your best bet is to go along the outer ring road and join the N25 on the Waterford City bypass. This route is far quicker maybe 10 minutes at the most but you will have to pay at the toll bridge €.80 for a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Beeker wrote: »
    If you are leaving at 8am then your best bet is to go along the outer ring road and join the N25 on the Waterford City bypass. This route is far quicker maybe 10 minutes at the most but you will have to pay at the toll bridge €.80 for a car.

.80 cent for a car ? I never knew even though I am a deise city man all my life... Never once try the new bridge, lol... :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Its actually €1.80 and not 80c

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

.80 cent for a car ? I never knew even though I am a deise city man all my life... Never once try the new bridge, lol... :D
    Sorry typo......my bad it should be 1.80:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It starts getting bad at 8 but if you leave literally 10 minutes before that there is almost no traffic or at least fast moving. It's like someone flicks a switch at 8.

You could also consider going to Wexford via the passage east ferry, worth investigating. Depends where in Wexford you need to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Beeker wrote: »

plus an extra euro on petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

if goin towards wexford in morning and from wexford in evenin the new ross bottle neck shouldnt be too bad. It is usually chaos vice versa

Advertisement