Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday with darts thrown in

• 09-07-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm looking at going on a sun holiday at the end of the month. I'm just wondering is there any places in Spain, Portugal where a fella can have a few good games of darts in the evenings. I was in Albufeira last year and there wasn't anything. I always brings the arrows just in case I come across a spot but have never come across anywhere where there was a few fellas having a few games with a good standard preferably. I know a lot of pro dart players seem to like going on holidays in Tenerife but thats probably to not see a board for a couple of weeks, either that or it must be a great spot for it? I went to New York a few years ago and theres a pub there called Flannerys where theres some proper players there was some final on and there wasn't a leg going over 15 darts. So if anyone was heading stateside and looking for a game i'd recommend that place. If anyone has any recommendations for somewhere around Europe, Spain preferably send them on, cos were looking to try Spain this year cos we were never there and its nice and close.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

There's two places I know of in albufeira that has dartboards and people constantly throw at night time, one is floyds bar just up around the corner from the escalators that bring down to the beach in the old town and the other one is up in the new town forget the name of it but I'm sure floyds bar will tell you the name

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theroversreturn

There's two places I know of in albufeira that has dartboards and people constantly throw at night time, one is floyds bar just up around the corner from the escalators that bring down to the beach in the old town and the other one is up in the new town forget the name of it but I'm sure floyds bar will tell you the name
    Never seen floyds only went to the old town 1 afternoon to the beach. There was a board in a place just up the road from the Vila Petra where we stayed but it was a **** board with no light r anyone throwing on it. Don't think wel go back to there anyway I'd prefer to go somewhere new that's why I reckon itl b Spain but I'd love to b able throw a few arrows each night on a proper set up board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

When you travel with darts can you bring them in hand luggage or do you have to check them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

You have to check them in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

I play for a few weeks in a league when in Spain in the winter.
    Its in the lovely town of Torrevieja about 40 mins west of Alicante airport. Some of Spains top BDO/WDF players including their number 1 Darren Sanderson play in Div 1 there along with Len Pitman another regular 100+ avge player. While they would play to a high standard and the good players seem to band together in 2 or 3 of the top teams the rest are not that good. Those two play for a bar called Los Amigos in Torrevieja where the trophy cabinet is full to bursting point, there are 2 boards up permanently. Jolly's would be another good one along with Buster's. However beware as some bars place tables in front of boards during the day and some evenings for cards etc so things can be different out there.
    Google the bars above for details and addresses. Remember also its the quiet season for darts and the busy one for sun worshippers.
    http://www.theleader.info/category/sport/darts/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

I stayed in salou last year and there was a bar named Hennessys with 2 good boards. The owner Trevor was dead sound. Couple very good players. Some guy nicknamed the Fish was the handiest and was throwing there most nights I went. Worth checking out

Advertisement