Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Bill

Options
  • 09-07-2012 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I haven't been with Smart Telecom in over 2 years or more.

and out of the blue today i gets a bill for 76.76 over due amount.

I pay all my bills by DD so all bills are paid on time.. its a bit weird that i get a bill 2 years on.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Are you sure the DD did not fail and this was the reason for the bill?

The other option (and sadly quite common) is simply that it is a misbilling. First one you can check in your online bank; the second one will require you to call their CS helpdesk to ask them what you're charged for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Nody wrote: »
    Are you sure the DD did not fail and this was the reason for the bill?

The other option (and sadly quite common) is simply that it is a misbilling. First one you can check in your online bank; the second one will require you to call their CS helpdesk to ask them what you're charged for.

Well seen that i have not got a bill off them for the last 2 years and out of the blue i get a bill ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cork24 wrote: »
    Well seen that i have not got a bill off them for the last 2 years and out of the blue i get a bill ?
    Could be something old they forgot about or more likely a miss billing; only way to find out is to se what they are charging for (does the period match when you had the service?) and ask them :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Cork24 wrote: »
    I haven't been with Smart Telecom in over 2 years or more.

and out of the blue today i gets a bill for 76.76 over due amount.

I pay all my bills by DD so all bills are paid on time.. its a bit weird that i get a bill 2 years on.

Have you made sure that you cancelled your dd with Smart? Also you should ask them what personal information they retain on you. There is no excuse for holding bank account details two years after a customer has left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

OP. What do the "bill details" say?

e.g.: Invoice Number:2*******2
    Account No:2******4
    Customer Tel. No:01-*******
    Bill Plan:Smart BB - 5Mb/384kb (STD)
    Calls Period:1/6/12 to 30/6/12

That might explain a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Did money come out of the account?

Advertisement