Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a car in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello there, Simple question. Anyone have an idea on the average price of renting a car in dublin for a day? Ive tried to look online but the price details dont show.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ive tried to look online but the price details dont show.
    Really? Run a search on Argus Car Hire and you should get prices up front.

I normally rent from Enterprise on Long Mile. It's about €18 a day for a small car.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

There is also Budget in Drumcondra.

People often go up to the airport from town to collect a rental care, as it is normally easy to get to for most. Just be weary of hidden charges, like 'Location Charges'.

As always when hiring a car - read the small print, and book directly when possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

BeerNut wrote: »
    Really? Run a search on Argus Car Hire and you should get prices up front.

I normally rent from Enterprise on Long Mile. It's about €18 a day for a small car.

I use Enterprise regularly for weekend rentals. Golf/Astras are usually about €15-20, bigger cars vary in price (seemingly randomly). It's worth noting that if you don't have insurance of your own, the price quoted includes standard insurance with a €1,200 excess. You can reduce this to €100 but it costs an additional €15 per day.

Edited to mention that Enterprise are the only company I could find who will rent to people who have their full license for less than two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There is also Budget in Drumcondra.

People often go up to the airport from town to collect a rental care, as it is normally easy to get to for most. Just be weary of hidden charges, like 'Location Charges'.

As always when hiring a car - read the small print, and book directly when possible.
    I can recommend Budget in Drumcondra. A few years back I had family in town from out of the country for my cousin's wedding. My car wasn't big enough alone, so rented one from them. Just superb service, good price and genuinely nice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, are entering in your details on the websites (type of car you want, pick up and return days etc etc) as if you were making a booking? You normally have to do that before prices will display. They won't just be there on the home page, as everyones booking details are going to be different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

My only experience in that regard has been when I had to rent a car for moving from Dublin to Cork, and one on the only options available to me (drop location Cork airport) was AVIS, and I couldn't have been happier with the service and the price. Sure, 65€/day price tag for a brand new Insignia (which averaged around 4.5 l/100 Km. at speeds above 120 Km/h all the way) may look higher than others, but this was a large car, with pick up at Dublin airport (so more expensive), and a drop location 250 Km. away, at Cork airport.

This company, as the rest, has an insurance excess over 1000€, which you can avoid by paying 15€/day more, or going to http://www.insurance4carhire.com/, and get better coverage and zero excess for only 6€/day or so.

Advertisement