Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get started?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hey guys,

My boyfriend is really interested in getting into kayaking and I was looking at buying him an introductory course for his birthday. I say one with deep blue sea kayaking in Dalkey, but I'm not sure if it would be better to go with the ICU one. Only problem is we live in south Dublin so chapelizod is a bit too far away.

Anyone know a good course out this way? He's a complete beginner and I've no experience with kayaking so any advice on a good course would be fantastic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Well whats he want to do, sea kayaking or whitewater on rivers?
    The chapelizod one is on a river so it would be a different course to the one in dalkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

whitesands wrote: »
    Well whats he want to do, sea kayaking or whitewater on rivers?
    The chapelizod one is on a river so it would be a different course to the one in dalkey.

To be honest I don't think he's even thought that far ahead yet, he's just dying to get involved in something new and he keeps mentioning kayaking so I went with the one in Dalkey.
    I think if he has his foot in the door and actually gets started, he can take it from there.
    Hope he likes it thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Since he didn't mention canoe but instead kayak I'd say the one in dalkey would be better, that's what I'd go for anyway.

Advertisement