Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Persia type games

Options
  • 09-07-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭

Having recently rewatched the Prince of Persia movie(I liked it. Don't judge me :o) and now with Sinbad starting on Sky, all I can think is I want to replay the modern Prince of Persia games(Sands of Time Trilogy, Forgotten Sands on both PS3 and Wii and the 2008 game). Have been keeping an eye out for the HD collection.

But I was wondering are there games out there similar to the Sands trilogy? I know Assassin's Creed is more or less the replacement game but I don't think it has the same appeal. Enslaved looks like it plays the same and I hear good things about it. Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Enslaved was alright.

God Of war is kinda like it, up the blood and violence levels but with great and frustrating puzzles.

Darksiders?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Played the God of War trilogy. Hack and Slash is a genre there are plenty of these days.

I have Darksiders, but yet to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

I only started playing DarkSiders a few days ago. While it's a good game, I can't help but feel it's a poor man's God of War.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played through Darksiders recently, and while it was generally well-made and enjoyable, the over-familiarity of the whole thing really damages it. Pretty much everything in it has been done better by another game - even has a frickin' portal gun! Good, but extremely derivative.

The Uncharted series shares a similar obsession with ludicrous heights as PoP.

I'm playing through Sly 2 at the moment, and the mechanics and level design really remind me of a slightly more primitive version of Sands of Times or Assassin's Creed at times. It's also an enjoyable game, although there's possibly too much of it (kind of wanted it to end at the halfway point!).

Enslaved is good fun, but I'd genuinely recommend not playing through the ending, as it sours an otherwise positive experience :pac:

Beyond Good & Evil isn't overly similar by any stretch of the imagination, but as made by Ubisoft at the same time as Sands of Time it retains the same sense of imagination, playful mechanics and surprisingly excellent storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Played all Uncharted games. Good games but personally I don't think they're at the level they're made out to be. Too scripted. With Prince of Persia, you're in a room and you have to get out or you have to get to the top of a building. You climb, miss a jump and land back on the ground or fall to your death and start again. Trial and error. Uncharted is pretty much "Here! Grab this, now jump here, oh look we removed everything so you can only go forward"

Have the Sly collection and Beyond Good and Evil. Still have to play them.

I see I can get Enslaved cheap enough online anyway so may go ahead and get that at least

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary and Underworld are pretty good. Legend has it's problems but Anniversary is fantastic.

Advertisement