Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Nikon Super Zoom Digital Camera with Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have NEVER been beaten at an Egg and Spoon race!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

As a novice runner, after the Dublin city Marathon in 2003 while cooling down, I was talking to a woman who was changing her socks after the run. As she took them off, she exclaimed "Ah well, they're gone again" at which point she removed both socks and stuck to both of them were 5 toes nails on each.
    She went on to explain that it happens to her every time she runs a full marathon, and said that if I kept up running the same would happen to me.

She was right, I haven't had 10 toenails at the same time in a long while :-)

Runnings great everyone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jules 79

Loving mountain running, something I've taken up recently, a great and interesting way to keep fit, get covered in mud and see the country from great aspect, love it!! Even better if capturing it on a fantastic Nikon Collpix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The five rings in the Olympic flag represent five continents: Europe, Africa, Asia, America and Australia. Antarctica is omitted, which is why a Penguin has never competed in the Olympic games.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Come on Team Ireland bring us home some gold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

No white person has ever run 100 meters in under 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Team GB will win most medals at London 2012 according to panel of experts!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18787235

• Registered Users Posts: 10 trendykendy

In 1900, in France, winners got paintings instead of gold medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 trendykendy

lmao wrote: »
    No white person has ever run 100 meters in under 10 seconds.

Christophe Lemaitre would beg to differ. But he's French, so it doesn't really count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Cycling - Its a free pass for hours away from the OH with my friends and she can't moan as I'm just trying to keep fit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I love Roller Derby! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

A record 202 countries participated in the 2004 Summer Olympic games In Athens

• Registered Users Posts: 21 K_Everdeen

I love playing tennis, great way to keep fit and have fun. I wish i had more time for it and a willing person to play with :o:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sarah-bear

I love power walking and am consdering doing boxercise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

Swimming - I love it, it gives me such a sense of well-being!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Davd

Gym 5 days a week before work. No better way to wake you up before going into the office!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Golf ! - Nothing like a good walk ruined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

If repetition/copy&paste was an Olympic Sport, this thread would be a contender for a gold medal. :D

Oh and cycling for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Olympics spelled backwards is Scipmylo!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Formosa

All bar 2 of the 1972 US basketball team have refused to accept their silver medals, which are still sitting in a vault in Switzerland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Anyone streaking at this year’s Games will be fined up to £20,000. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Love watching the diving - particularly as Im afraid of water and wouldn't be able to do it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

IN 1972 the USA Basketball runner up team refused to accept their silver medals after a dispute during the game resulted in Russia winning with a last second score. The medals are still held in a vault in Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mairzydoats

Had Munich won the bid for the 2018 Winter Olympics, it would have become the first city to host both the Summer and Winter Olympics.

My money's on Limerick becoming the first ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Golf will be included as an Olympic sport in Rio 2016 for the first time in 112 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

It's not a sport, per se, but I enjoy walking to the park and feeding the pigeons. I sometimes feed the sparrows, too. It gives me an enormous sense of well being!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

My Great Great Grandmother's first cousin was Dr Robert James Rowlette. He was Honorary Physician to the British Olympic team at the 1920 Summer Olympics (Antwerp) and to the Irish teams at the 1924 Summer Olympics (Paris) and 1928 Summer Olympics (Amsterdam), the first two occasions on which an independent Irish team competed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

interesting sporting/Olympic fact

If Katie Taylor wins the gold I will be ecstatic , and that is a fact ...sporting or otherwise .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Drumming is my favourite keep fit activity, depending on what I'm playing I can really bring out a sweat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Live pigeon shooting contested during the 1900 Games, this was the only time when animals were killed for sport during a modern Olympics. Over 300 pigeons were killed during the Games, many of them from the gun of Belgian Leon de Lunden who took Gold with 21 kills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement