Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Available Funds

Options
  • 09-07-2012 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Just looking at my AIB current account via online banking. The balance is listed at the bottom and under that is figure called "Available Funds". This is €95 less than my balance. Haven't seen that before. Anyone know what this is about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Standing Order or Direct Debit going through tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fattyplumps

Click on the "find out more" more box on top of the page and this will explain what us happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Do you have a transaction(s) pending which totals €95? Usually it occurs when a transaction is yet to settle on the account, so you have paid for it but the merchant at the other end hasn't confirmed it yet.

The bank will take the amount off your available balance so you don't overspend, and if for some reason the transaction is declined the money will go back on to the available, making it the same as you current balance.

Usually takes two to three business days for a transaction to settle, and it's always better to go off your available balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Mortgage payment is due tomorrow and credit card payment due on 21 of this month. The total of these two is €800 less than my balance. I'll log in again this evening and check the "Find out more" section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

For me its usually a couple of debit card transactions that haven't cleared, if you click into more details you will see what they are, or call your branch and they will check them for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

shayser wrote: »
    Mortgage payment is due tomorrow and credit card payment due on 21 of this month. The total of these two is €800 less than my balance. I'll log in again this evening and check the "Find out more" section.

So you've €800 cash to spare, do you want to meet up for a few pints this evening? ;)

No bother, I'm in. But we have to stop spending at €705 OK?

Yep, top marks to all replies. Debit card transactions yet to go through.
    Thanks.

Advertisement