Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Teenager (Aoife Finan) at Dublin concert

• 09-07-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

This was pointed out in the main Swedish House Mafia thread, but it's easier start a new thread. Thanks to Bad Panda for bringing this up. There's a picture of her in the link. Please have a look.

http://p.twimg.com/AxXENq_CQAEfWXS.jpg

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/missing-teenager-last-seen-at-phoenix-park-concert-558448.html
    Gardaí are today searching for Aoife Finan, 19, from Cobh, Co Cork, who has been missing since last Saturday.

Aoife attended the Swedish House Mafia concert at Phoenix Park in Dublin on Saturday and has not been seen since about 11pm that night when she got seperated from her friends.

She is described at 5'5'', medium build with brown shoulder-length hair.

When last seen, she was wearing red leggings, purple and black wellington boots, white t-shirt and a faded denim jacket.

Anyone with information about Aoife's whereabouts is asked to contact Cobh Garda Station on 021 4908530

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

humanji wrote: »
    This was pointed out in the main Swedish House Mafia thread, but it's easier start a new thread. Thanks to Bad Panda for bringing this up.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/missing-teenager-last-seen-at-phoenix-park-concert-558448.html

Jesus. I hope she's found safe and well. There's already been too much drama from that concert. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Edited to say Nicole Byrne has been found, another girl from cork Aoife Finan is still missing. Sorry for the confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This is sad. I hope she turns up ok.

What a disaster :(
    This is the first had heard of it, thanks for stickying humanji.

I hope to god she is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

eviltwin wrote: »
    Edited to say Nicole Byrne has been found, another girl from cork Aoife Finan is still missing. Sorry for the confusion

Shes still missing

• Advertisement

Hope that's true, have you a link?

I googled that as soon as the poster wrote it, and the most recent link is the Examiner, updated 19 minutes ago, saying she's missing (which is the link in the OP, also).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

More info:
    Aoife was last seen by her friends shortly after 11pm on Saturday night - but they didn't see or hear from the teen throughout the concert's concluding day.

The last contact from her was a phone call from a mobile she had borrowed from a man she had met after getting separated from her friends and lost.

A bag containing some of Aoife's possessions including her mobile phone was found in the park by an emergency services official on Sunday.

Gardai are now trying to trace the mobile on which Aoife made her call - and are reviewing CCTV security camera footage in a bid to locate her and who she was with.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/familys-fears-for-aoife-19-missing-since-phoenix-park-concert-3164048.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I hope she is found safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Horrible, hope to god she's alright and turns up safe and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

All I'm hearing are horror stories from this concert. Hope she turns up safe and well

Now that's tragic.
    Hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ChrisOtter

Hi please get as many people to look at this, Aoife is my cousin and it is hoped that she is in Dublin the more people who see her photo the more chance we have of finding her safe and sound. There are lots of pictures up and facebook and all the main news/newspaper websites. Please make this as public as possible we need her home!!!

ChrisOtter wrote: »
    Hi please get as many people to look at this, Aoife is my cousin and it is hoped that she is in Dublin the more people who see her photo the more chance we have of finding her safe and sound. There are lots of pictures up and facebook and all the main news/newspaper websites. Please make this as public as possible we need her home!!!

I'm sharing the links to the Trace Missing Person's Page on Facebook too. Don't worry mate, this thread will get a hell of a lot of views on a forum like this. We're all hoping for her to return safely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

I'm going to share this story with everyone I know.

Sharing it on my FB, I live in the area too so will keep an eye out for anything xx

Thanks, pretty girl, hope she turns up safe & well.

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Hope she is found safe and unharmed soon. Will share it on my Facebook too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I cannot imagine the despair ye are all feeling at the moment I hope she is back home with her family soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Shared on facebook and with my work colleagues.

Chris, my thoughts are with you and you family for her safe return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Have put on fb, hope she is found safe and well. So worrying for her family. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Really hope she is okay!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cotter.liz

as chris my sister said the more we get this out the better! so please please please spread the word and help us find her safe and sound!

Mods, perhaps it would be a good idea to sticky this in music forums too ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

My heart goes out to you all, have rang my family in Dublin to check around where they live in that area, please God Aoife will be home safe and sound soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope she is found safe and sound soon

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'll sticky a thread in the DIT forum in the hope that someone from college has seen her.

Hope shes found safe and sound.

• Advertisement

Making a thread about this on a social networking site I moderate. It's for people who listen to heavy metal music and has a primarily American userbase, but there are some Irish sections, so I'll get a thread stickied on the site there.

My thoughts are with your family.

Posted it up on my Facebook wall too. Hope something comes of it. There are too many horror stories coming out of that concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

posted up on my facebook i hope you find her safe and well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

There was a camera mounted on a telescopic lift on the way to the gig which I presume was a garda camera. I wonder would it be of any use in this situation.

Her mum is being interviewed on TV3 news now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

My thoughts and prayers are with your family! I hope to god she is found safe and well!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I hope she turns up safe and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

Put up on me fb...
    Hope shes found safe and well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've just seen her mum, Sínead on TV3 news, it is a heartbreaking story :(. I'll pray for Aoife's safe return.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Shared on my FB... Please God let her turn up soon.. Can't begin to imagine what the family are going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Just been told that me mate's daughter was found safe and sound. Delighted to hear. I'm sure they are all thankful for everyone's support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

Yeah just heard as well that she's on the way back home. Brilliant news!

HoggyRS wrote: »
    Yeah just heard as well that she's on the way back home. Brilliant news!

The girl who the thread is about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Great news for a while there I was fearing the worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Posts deleted.

Can we not play the blame game in this thread, please.

Yep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

Yes indeed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Good to hear.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement