Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brookfield Deposits

Options
  • 09-07-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I lived in Brookfield hall all last year. Everything went swimmingly until I moved out and tried to get my deposit back. Originally I was told I'd have to wait about two weeks or that for the deposit to come back. That was fair enough, they've got to make sure all the apartments are fine or whatever.

About three weeks after I moved out I rang them up, wondering what the story was. They told me it'd be in the post the next week. Nothing came. Called again a week later, same story. There was some delay they said and the money would be on it's way soon. It's been about a month and three weeks since I moved out and still nothing. Last Thursday they said to my mother that there would be a cheque put in the post that day, but said that an extra charge of thirty euro had to come out of the deposit. They said it was a charge everyone got, even though it was never once mentioned before now.

I know for a fact that my apartment was in perfect condition when I was leaving. Has anyone else who lived in Brookfield had this experience? And does anyone recommend any course of action other than continually calling them, week after week.... :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How else is the manager going to pay for his car to drive from one side of Brookfield to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You are entitled to find out what the charge was for anyway. That would be a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Tio07

This part of the lease agreement and terms & conditions and might give you a better idea of where ya stand.

3.3 When the tenancy ends, to repay the security deposit to the Tenant without interest after deducting all sums due to the  
                    Landlord under the terms of this agreement or as a result of any of its terms being broken. Deposits will be refunded no
                    later then the mid August in any given year.

5. A once-off administration & sanitization charge of €29 per tenant applies to all lease agreements regardless of duration of tenancy, and will normally be retained from the security deposit after departure.

I just payed my deposit for next year and I asked for a copy of the lease.

Hope ta get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

I just moved in this year. So far,

1. The apartment was filthy when I moved in, clean to the eye but when you look they are filthy, check down between the cushions and the arms of the couchs, I gagged when I saw what was in mine.
    2. The internet in the apartment is useless. Which I could deal with if I was told this before i moved in but all I was told was "its ok but it been upgraded in sept" pure bull****.
    3. After paying deposit I veiwed a sparkling show apartment in Aug before moving in. Since im on a tight budget I checked the cost of washing and drying, 1 euro per wash and 1.50 for a dry I was told..... No its 2.50 each, which is ridiculous, but then I notice how erratic they can be!! It took two drying cycles for tow pairs of tracksuits bottom and 5 days of underwear, and still not dry!!!! So on top of 10 euro for 1 dark wash/dry and 1 white wash/dry, you can expect that it will cost you more because the machines dont always work.
    If you go to the reception you are greeted with "yeah you must be over filling the machine, more bull**** Brookfield! some of us arent kids straight out of secondary school leaving home for the first time and actually know how to use a washer and dryer!! the fact is they dont work!!
    5. Which bring me to another point, the treatment of people who pay a lot of money to stay here by a few of the brookfield employees is terrible, absolutely no people skills what so ever.
    6. You have to pay nearly ten euro to RENT an Ethernet cable for the internet that cannot download a 25 page pdf without ****ting itself!!!!
    7. Deposits? Well with the way Ive seen this place run so far Im not surprised about trouble getting deposits back. Well this will be handled by taking pictures of the state of the apartment now and showing them to whatever brave fool tries to tell me when the time comes that Im not entitled to mine back.

I could go on for hours about ho badly this accommodation complex is run, from what I have experienced and from what people have told me.
    Absolutely raging!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

DJW11 wrote: »
    I just moved in this year. So far,

1. The apartment was filthy when I moved in, clean to the eye but when you look they are filthy, check down between the cushions and the arms of the couchs, I gagged when I saw what was in mine.
    2. The internet in the apartment is useless. Which I could deal with if I was told this before i moved in but all I was told was "its ok but it been upgraded in sept" pure bull****.
    3. After paying deposit I veiwed a sparkling show apartment in Aug before moving in. Since im on a tight budget I checked the cost of washing and drying, 1 euro per wash and 1.50 for a dry I was told..... No its 2.50 each, which is ridiculous, but then I notice how erratic they can be!! It took two drying cycles for tow pairs of tracksuits bottom and 5 days of underwear, and still not dry!!!! So on top of 10 euro for 1 dark wash/dry and 1 white wash/dry, you can expect that it will cost you more because the machines dont always work.
    If you go to the reception you are greeted with "yeah you must be over filling the machine, more bull**** Brookfield! some of us arent kids straight out of secondary school leaving home for the first time and actually know how to use a washer and dryer!! the fact is they dont work!!
    5. Which bring me to another point, the treatment of people who pay a lot of money to stay here by a few of the brookfield employees is terrible, absolutely no people skills what so ever.
    6. You have to pay nearly ten euro to RENT an Ethernet cable for the internet that cannot download a 25 page pdf without ****ting itself!!!!
    7. Deposits? Well with the way Ive seen this place run so far Im not surprised about trouble getting deposits back. Well this will be handled by taking pictures of the state of the apartment now and showing them to whatever brave fool tries to tell me when the time comes that Im not entitled to mine back.

I could go on for hours about ho badly this accommodation complex is run, from what I have experienced and from what people have told me.
    Absolutely raging!!!

100 Percent spot on !!
    Our pots were caked in ****in ****e for im guessing the whole summer because they were filthy when we moved in.
    Had to wait three weeks to get a pan and forks in the house.
    The internet is unbelievablely slow, 0.62meg speed!
    Paid a fiver to dry my clothes and they wereen't even dry.
    Absolute kip of a place!

• Advertisement

Can anyone with any legal know how, tell me where one would stand if he decided not to pay the rent until the accomodation was more like what is actually being advertised as. I respect that i have signed a lease which i have no problem seeing through, but if the accomodation is not as advertised can a person not pay or at least seek a lowering of the rent? I mean as much as iv signed a lease that dosnt mean brookfield can decide to run as they see fit does it?

Just to add to this im seeking a new matress, mine sinks in the middle, I wouldnt let my dog lie on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

So I moved into Brookfield just recently and noticed a very intense and awkward smell in my apartment. It was driving me crazy because I tried everything to get rid of it. I never actually found the source until now:

brkfldapt.jpg

This picture is taken with my phone, but I'm pretty sure there is like 1/2 kg of mold in there... sickening.

Yup, the cleaners probably saw that this bin was full of mold and instead of cleaning it like they should, they covered it with a new bin bag. I was surprised to see they had put a bin bag into the bin, because usually you have to get ones yourself.

Needless to say, I'm pissed.

Axe Rake wrote: »
    So I moved into Brookfield just recently and noticed a very intense and awkward smell in my apartment. It was driving me crazy because I tried everything to get rid of it. I never actually found the source until now:

brkfldapt.jpg

This picture is taken with my phone, but I'm pretty sure there is like 1/2 kg of mold in there... sickening.

Yup, the cleaners probably saw that this bin was full of mold and instead of cleaning it like they should, they covered it with a new bin bag. I was surprised to see they had put a bin bag into the bin, because usually you have to get ones yourself.

Needless to say, I'm pissed.

That is septic! And a disgrace! Mine was bad but nothing like that... Funny how i had to use the 3g on my phone to see your pic as the internet in the apartment cant load ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Is there anything we can actually do about the internet considering they advertised NEW upgraded fiber broadband etc on their site... I cant image a worse internet service barely 1 mb speed hardly works most of the time barley loads a video. First day i got here the person in front of me was charged this 30 euro sanitation fee and told to wait a few more weeks for her deposit. Cold atmosphere from the management aswell paid something like 260 or whatever deposit then 880 for first payment and two weeks in i come home a thursday night and im locked out for not paying the next payment without a warning! Wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Have things improved for anyone ? The internet still crap there?

I need a new place to live myself, the comments here are obviously putting me a bit off !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

slyph wrote: »
    Have things improved for anyone ? The internet still crap there?

I need a new place to live myself, the comments here are obviously putting me a bit off !
    The place is a ****hole. I would look elsewhere.

Advertisement