Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobseekers allowance? lost in irish social assistance

Options
  • 09-07-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi there folks,

First of all, let me tell you my brief story.
    I came to Ireland in May 2010 and I was working (more or less all the time) till August 2011. Then our beloved recession took its tool on me and I had to go back to my country with glorious €0.86 on my account having literally no place to stay.

I didn't want to waste my time though, so I started a university course there. Now, almost two weeks ago I came back and I am willing not only to work but also to continue my studies. Now I have a partner here but them paying for everything makes me sick. Unfortunately (whos surprised? :) ) I can't find any job.

I have neither 5 years of essential experience in retail nor vital 4 years to be a cleaner. Apart from being frustrated my money supply shrinks dramatically. Let me note I am not one of these people willing to sit on their arses doing nothing towards improving Ireland's general condition. I consider Ireland my homeland and I want to stay, study, settle down, pay taxes and work here. I'm not to stop searching. Only this freaking bank account statement scares the shayt outta me..

So now, I was just wondering - is there any chance I could get some sort of social financial assistance?

thanks in advance, all of yous :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The folks in the State Benefits forum would probably be able to advise you.

Advertisement