Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland and choice

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Chauncey

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    If it were a one-off, I'd agree, but I'm talking about the people who never espress an option or a choice.

I see, I see. That's hardly unique to Irish people but I have a feeling you'll tell me it is, or at the very least that Ireland is the worst place in the universe for it.
    Not sure what you mean by twee... Or what you meant be creative, either, for hat matter: it's a rather unusual artfrom.

People have been slapping paint of one kind or another on themselves since time immemorial so I wouldn't consider it to be unusual at all. :)
    You brought up creativity as an issue so I suppose we will use whatever definition you have for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Chauncey wrote: »
    I see, I see. That's hardly unique to Irish people but I have a feeling you'll tell me it is, or at the very least that Ireland is the worst place in the universe for it.

Livign in Berlin and meeting lots of different nationalities, I can assure you it it. Although English womn can be just as bad.

People have been slapping paint of one kind or another on themselves since time immemorial so I wouldn't consider it to be unusual at all. :)
    You brought up creativity as an issue so I suppose we will use whatever definition you have for it.

Havign a histroy does not make it "normal" or "usual". There are very few people out there wh do this compared to some other art forms. Anyway, I never claimed it was original!

The thing about creativity and choice is that one teaches you the other: if you have no choice and wind up doing the ame thing over and over again, you will never be creative and you will never experience very much of this thng we call life.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I hate these nationalistic stereotypes, i for one am Irish and my own person. the things that makes me Irish are my ancestors and the fact I was born here. I dont particularly think i have much difference to say an Englishperson even though an outsider would say we are worlds apart, infact we are more similar than different. When I lived in the States (Boston) it was like Dublin but with really tall buildings. People are set in their ways and like the things they are accustomed too, I think the 'Irish' though are a very well traveled people who have sampled almost everything this life has to offer, except Moon sauce!

Insert Jackie Chan meme here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Insert Jackie Chan meme here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Watching pub customers 'somewhere' in the North of England, the two beers most frequently ordered were Guinness and Fosters. I like some real ales, but they tend play havoc with the digestion system. See 'Farting' thread.
    The thing about English pubs is sometimes you don't have a choice. The breweries own the pub and sell their drink. If you don't like their ale your out of luck. Witherspoons have everything but they're like the McDonalds of pubs. I've been in pubs that only sell high quality ales of their own and nothing else. The ales are the same price as any other drink though.

I don't think ales play havoc on your stomach when compared to draught Guinness though. Not even Guinness stout destroys the digestive system as quickly as Guinness draught.

• Advertisement

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

Right! From now on anytime makes scatological references to my username, this vid gets linked to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I love this country, I really do. Liverpool is so different.

Advertisement