Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small clear bag, ribbon & labels

Options
  • 09-07-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Where would I get small clear bags (like the ones that fancy chocolates come in), some colourful ribbon and some labels? In Cork city centre if possible ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hi Oleander

I got some lovely bags complete with ribbons (admittedly, no labels) a couple of weeks ago in Dealz on the Grand Parade. They are exactly like you describe and only cost €1.49 for a pack of 10 I think. It's worth checking out, they were in the section with the balloons and party stuff. Happy hunting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Ooh thanks, I will check out Dealz, I'll be around there tomorrow.

It's to put some biscuits into (homemade), and tie some colourful ribbon around it and charge a few quid, sell at a stall and raise some money for charity.

That's a great idea - and they'd be perfect. Hope they still have them.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    That's a great idea - and they'd be perfect. Hope they still have them.

So do I!! If they don't have any I could check in a few of the kitchen shops around town - though not wanting to spend a lot of money! Actually, Meadows & Byrne have labels for jam jars upstairs that I don't think are too expensive so they'll be nice. Just have to perfect my scrawll !! Cool, thanks for that suggestion.

Hi Oleander

I got some lovely bags complete with ribbons (admittedly, no labels) a couple of weeks ago in Dealz on the Grand Parade. They are exactly like you describe and only cost €1.49 for a pack of 10 I think. It's worth checking out, they were in the section with the balloons and party stuff. Happy hunting:)

Checked Dealz yesterday in Grand Parade, no bags or ribbons and I asked, they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. There were small organza bags but that's not what I want. Sort of bags you get sweets in before they're weighed e.g. Mr Simms. I did ask in Aunt Nellies sweet shop but they get theirs from the wholesalers. I will check Vibes and Scribes, apparently they do cellophane wrappers, though not ideal. Think that idea is doomed!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that....I was in Dealz today and couldn't see them either. Have you tried Brennan's on Oliver Plunkett street or Delia's Kitchen (Carey's Lane, I think). The only thing is that if they do have them they may be a bit more expensive. You could also try eBay.

Sorry to hear that....I was in Dealz today and couldn't see them either. Have you tried Brennan's on Oliver Plunkett street or Delia's Kitchen (Carey's Lane, I think). The only thing is that if they do have them they may be a bit more expensive. You could also try eBay.

Yeah it is a pity. I have Brennans on my list to try though I imagine they will be expensive (I'm also on a bit of a budget unfortunately as I'm not working). I'll try my best to do it because I'm pretty sure they would would look really pretty on the stall. I need them for Sunday and don't have an account with Ebay so probably won't go down that road for now. Thanks for the ideas, appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Vibes and scribes on bridge street have these I think, and should have plenty of things for labels. they do nice ink stamps too. They are helpful in there, ask for suggestions. :)

The other vibes on the quay doesn't do the crafty stuff as far as I know. I'm not sure how much you need, but I've gotten rolls of clear cellophane from the florist wholesaler CFS up on airport hill, and from easons as well. You could roll the biscuits up like a sausage in a rectangle of plain cellophane and tie both ends with ribbon. Stick your label on the front then.

Vibes&Scribes are and hickeys are good for ribbons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi, now I am not sure do they do small clear bags but there is a flower wholesalers Central Floral Supplies up by Musgraves http://www.centralfloralsupplies.com/store/category/15/70/Bags/

I have got the small little cloth bags for gifts, it says they are 10euro here but I thought they were much cheaper when i ws up there, as they do differant sizes also..And ribbon sure they have loads. or else get a stream of ribbon from Dwerys electrical for a few euro..

Another idea is you could just get a large roll of celophane wrap from the wholesalers and just do a bunched up parcel, as such. With the ribbon it would still look pretty..

And yes they do allow anyone to walk in to buy in the floral place it is not just for big traders..

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Have you looked at sandwich bags in supermarkets.
    I know some of them have writting on them but there must be clear ones.

Also you could try shops that stock wrapping paper for ribbons. Wouldn't work out too expensive you could even use gift tags instead of labels

• Advertisement

I have Vibes on my list to go into (if the rain ever bloody stops!!), I might have a wander tomorrow around town. I haven't got a car so won't be able to get up to CFS but I'm fine with that, if I can't get hold of the bags, I'll just make a cake or something. Vibes on the quays don't sell craft stuff only books, I popped in yesterday, didn't have time to go to Bridge St. I saw some nice ribbons in a craft shop in Paul St. I'll see how I get on tomorrow but thanks for the ideas all. The labels I think Brennans sell some for jams and I don't think they're too expensive. The tags are a good idea too. I don't want to go spending money on sandwich bags - I don't think they would look as nice as what I'm thinking of or the cellophane idea.

I went into town today and got some clear party bags (exactly what I wanted) in Brennans, Cork (25 for €3.15), they come with tags too. I also got some lovely ribbon in Meadows & Byrne - 1 spool of 500cm for €1 (reduced from €1.95) and I got some brown tags in Easons (8 for €1) so I'm delighted. There were labels in a few places but they were quite expensive so I'll stick with the tags and normal white labels jazzed up with a few small stickers I might get in Easons. The new Easons is looking good too, very organised shop, I like it.

How much would you pay for some biscuits presented in a nice pack - say, 6 or 8 biscuits in a pack, they would be quite small, like Ginger Nut size.

The idea is to sell some nicely presented biscuits or cakes for a good cause (the proceeds going to Crumlin Childrens Hospital). I haven't done it before and haven't a clue what to charge. I was going to decorate some with chocolate and tiny glimmer beads - would you pay more for these? I don't know, suggestions will be very much appreciated.

How much would you expect to pay for 3/4 slices of millionaire shortbread in a bag AND 3/4 slices of rocky road cake?

Hi Oleander

It's hard to guess without seeing but I'd say about €2.00 - €2.50 for the biscuits and about €3.00 - €4.00 for the cakes, depending on the size. I'd make sure that it's clearly advertised that its for charity as people are a bit more generous when this is the case.

When and where is the market taking place?

Sunday 15th July from 12 noon - Douglas Day at the Community Park Douglas. It has been advertised in the local papers. It's a voluntary fundraising campaign in aid of The Ronald McDonald House and Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin.

Hope it goes well and that ye raise lots of money:)

Advertisement