Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod note #271 read before posting

Options
2»

Comments

mitosis wrote: »
    As was pointed out to me when I first became a mod, if anyone deletes their post before the mod note, the post number which contains the note also changes!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Ah, now, lads :(

Mod notes #205 AND #628.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056039293

Is there really no motivation to fix this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is there really no motivation to fix this?

Is it really that big a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Yes.

Probably not in the grand scheme of things, but likewise I ask, is it really that big a deal to fix?

Overlord, where do you put you Mod notes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

An interesting point. As a user for me personally; no. I 'get' the forums I frequent and the whole 'don't be a dick' rule. I don't have to be pulled up or reprimanded and explained to about how the whole site works. I went looking for one of these 'Moderator warning post #224' once and after 2 page clicks I was distracted by something shiny and forgot what I was looking for.

Then there's the newbs that may appreciate a wee bit of direction, especially when a moderator has gone out of their way to give it. Burying this direction obscurely in the middle of a thread never made any sense to me, never mind the newbs, it's a bit of a disservice as far as I'm concerned.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Probably not in the grand scheme of things, but likewise I ask, is it really that big a deal to fix?

Overlord, where do you put you Mod notes?

I'm lucky enough modding Midwest because threads rarely go into figures of multiple hundreds, so warnings/notes/etc mid-thread stand out anyway. It's usually a case of reminding a small number of posters to remember the charter.

When I was modding C&H we used to put "rules" or warnings into the OP as often as possible though, so I know it does work as a system. It just takes a little more than 30-odd posts in one Feedback thread to get 500+ mods to use the same protocol across some very different forums.

Just to keep it fresh in the mind. Now you have to search out multiple mod notes before posting.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056751811

Mod has a link in OP to one of them. 5/10 for effort, I suppose :(

Would a discussion on a storm really require a mod warning or is Weather the After Hours of the Science forum, where people argue over everything?

Advertisement